Coronavirus

Henry

1 hour ago, tutankamun said:

Can’t be that, this vaccine doesn’t stop you getting Covid or passing it on so we can all still be hosts, vaccinated or not.

Anyway, why the urgency to vaccinate healthy under 50s and children in rich Western countries when the focus should be on the vulnerable / over 50s in poor countries?

Doubt the really poor Countries will be able to afford it. Best just putting strict travel restrictions on them.

10 hours ago, dazzy_deff said:

Hahaha. Last part is definitely true.

10 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Not if it's the Ullevi Dons bus?.

The best of times and the worst of times.

10 hours ago, Redforever86 said:

Wasn’t even allowed cans on the way home fae Hamilton. 

Shite state of affairs. 

Should have just poured them all into a plastic bottle and pretended it was Applead

45 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Tier 1 or Tier 4 should be the only tiers used. The inbetween ones are just a complete pile of shit.

Get back to normal.

Keep us locked down.

The bull shit in between shouldn't be there. Weird system which no cunt understands anyways and always checking on the government guidelines on whether you can shit outside or inside or whether you wear a mask to take a piss or a wank at your table. Etc. 

To much common sense being used in that quote manny :)

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

I see there  is now talk of 3+ jabs being required, for over 50s at least.

Hardly new information. It has been mooted for ages given that they know that AZ is pretty much ineffective against the SA variant, might not be too effective against the Brazilian one and it's too early to say yet against the 3 known Indian variants (not to mention the Japanese one) which are just too new to have done any valid research on

There is a reasonable chance that covid vaccinations will become annual alongside flu vaccinations for vulnerable groups

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
7 hours ago, tutankamun said:

Can’t be that, this vaccine doesn’t stop you getting Covid or passing it on so we can all still be hosts, vaccinated or not.

Anyway, why the urgency to vaccinate healthy under 50s and children in rich Western countries when the focus should be on the vulnerable / over 50s in poor countries?

From what I've read, and I know there are various vaccines, the idea is that the vaccine(s) boost the body's capacity to suppress and, ultimately, kill Covid.... you can still 'get' any virus you're inoculated against, but it doesn't become prolific, and in short order is beaten by your own defences. This makes transmission far less likely. 

If you don't have the vaccine then the virus is just reproducing all but unabated, and your body is pumping out viral loads thither and yon, meaning a sneeze from an unvaccinated person has far more viral material than a sneeze from a vaccinated person. 

Point being that in a stadium full of vaccinated people you're far less likely to catch the virus than in a stadium full of unvaccinated. 

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 2
1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Nah. He has to pretend that searing heat from a sun so hot that your skin blisters in minutes and the land goes on fire is brilliant. 

Its a relief for his fellow residents - a bit less pong coming from Brizo's pits. Nae much but a little. 

9 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Probably not but at least I don't pretend I like everything about the place, like you do about Perth, to try and impress strangers on the Internet. 

That's saa-ad! 

Generally speaking eh love Perth. Sure there are things that aren’t so great, but on balance it’s a great place to live.

1 hour ago, BrianFaePerth said:

Generally speaking eh love Perth. Sure there are things that aren’t so great, but on balance it’s a great place to live.

I'm the same with Bucksburn, greatest place on the planet. Starting to have a small problem with minks moving into the affordable housing developers are forced to build but nothing major.