Coronavirus

Henry

My mother was telling me she was out for lunch with a friend at the four mile in Bucksburn the other day, place was near empty. The waitress came up to the table to remind them their 2 hours were nearly up. Seems such a bizarre rule to have in place, what would be the reason for it? 

12 minutes ago, daytripping said:

My mother was telling me she was out for lunch with a friend at the four mile in Bucksburn the other day, place was near empty. The waitress came up to the table to remind them their 2 hours were nearly up. Seems such a bizarre rule to have in place, what would be the reason for it? 

Bizarre to implement it if its not busy - when the rule doesnt come into play until Monday. All the bars in town are doing it currently, even for outside which doesnt have that rule coming in at all. Weird. 

3 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Bizarre to implement it if its not busy - when the rule doesnt come into play until Monday. All the bars in town are doing it currently, even for outside which doesnt have that rule coming in at all. Weird. 

I thought it would just be enforced in busy places, didn't think you'd be asked to leave a quiet premise, especially as you mention outside. 

1 minute ago, daytripping said:

I thought it would just be enforced in busy places, didn't think you'd be asked to leave a quiet premise, especially as you mention outside. 

From Monday onwards, there is no option but to be asked to leave after 2 hours. Before then though, seems totally pointless implementing it. Booking when not required by law seems bizarre, given the number of stories in the press about huge numbers of no shows. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

From Monday onwards, there is no option but to be asked to leave after 2 hours. Before then though, seems totally pointless implementing it. Booking when not required by law seems bizarre, given the number of stories in the press about huge numbers of no shows. 

Is the 2 hours for outside as well? I'm off Monday and Tuesday, was planning a sesh at the local.

28 minutes ago, daytripping said:

I think after two hours covid19 appears. So when you move on to your next booking you take it with you.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, daytripping said:

Is the 2 hours for outside as well? I'm off Monday and Tuesday, was planning a sesh at the local.

No, inside only. Outdoor timeslots are unlimited (although most venues in town operating 1hr 45 mins slots even outside). Hopefully its only a rule for 3 weeks. There is no mention of it in level 1, only level 2. 

In our case all that will happen is guys will come in for 2 hours, go outside to the marquee for an hour then go back inside for 2 hours. Nothing in the rules about only one visit a day. Totally pointless rule and just encourages bar hopping which is what I though they wanted to avoid. 

• Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

I didn't leave the loveheart btw. 

14 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

I think after two hours covid19 appears. So when you move on to your next booking you take it with you.

??. It's a crafty blighter of a virus this Covid19, with it being ageist, classist, racist, sexist, and nocturnal. 

This alleged new mutated version of the virus must be diurnal, unlike its parents, and carries a stopwatch around with itself.

2 hours ago, daytripping said:

You won’t be asked to leave unless it is booked or it is some idiot barmaid. It’s not illegal.

42 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Aye. Would make a lot more sense, saying you can only go to one bar a day but unlimited timescale. Or a bar can only have X number of customers per day etc. 

Not sure if that is so good from a business perspective, especially if food is involved.  A table of 4 turning over 4 times in 8 hours is (I imagine without any research done) going to spend a significant amount more cash than 4 people camped out on that table for 8 hours...

That is why I think most businesses that have the potential demand will be going down that route just now, even when it isn't law.  

Just now, Foster14 said:

Not sure if that is so good from a business perspective, especially if food is involved.  A table of 4 turning over 4 times in 8 hours is (I imagine without any research done) going to spend a significant amount more cash than 4 people camped out on that table for 8 hours...

That is why I think most businesses that have the potential demand will be going down that route just now, even when it isn't law.  

Restaurants yes. Bars that don't serve food also have to comply though. 

8 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Restaurants yes. Bars that don't serve food also have to comply though. 

I did note especially with food involved, but not exclusively.  If you have a table for 2 hours in a pub and you know/believe that you will be chucked out at the end of that for the next, you will spend more in that 2 hours compared to the first 2 hours you'd have on a longer booking.  

Only really relevant if you are opearting at your full Covid compliant capacity though, which a lot of places probably aren't.

3 minutes ago, Foster14 said:

I did note especially with food involved, but not exclusively.  If you have a table for 2 hours in a pub and you know/believe that you will be chucked out at the end of that for the next, you will spend more in that 2 hours compared to the first 2 hours you'd have on a longer booking.  

Only really relevant if you are opearting at your full Covid compliant capacity though, which a lot of places probably aren't.

Conversely, I'd say a group of guys sitting for an all day scoof will spend more than a couple of wifies sharing a bottle of prosecco. 

15 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Conversely, I'd say a group of guys sitting for an all day scoof will spend more than a couple of wifies sharing a bottle of prosecco. 

As I said, no research on my side beyond my own thinking on it.  I still think the bar would be more confident of higher sales having 4 separate bookings of guys on the scoof at 2 hours each, rather than 1 booking with those 4 guys on the scoof for 8 hours.  To me it is human nature to try and cram in more when you believe that the time is limited...   

5 minutes ago, Foster14 said:

As I said, no research on my side beyond my own thinking on it.  I still think the bar would be more confident of higher sales having 4 separate bookings of guys on the scoof at 2 hours each, rather than 1 booking with those 4 guys on the scoof for 8 hours.  To me it is human nature to try and cram in more when you believe that the time is limited...   

It is discouraging a lot of people from going out. Im not faffing about sorting out a route and booking bars for timeslots when i can sit in my local all day. The number of no shows are going up as a result - people making multiple bookings for the same time then picking on the day where to go. So from that point of view, i'd rather have folk in the bar drinking than booking and not turning up (in the meantime you're turning people away).