Coronavirus

Henry

These places are between a rock and a hard place.

Make it booking only and people don't turn up, you lose out (even if you take a deposit).  Make it bookings and walk ups as well, and they end up with a shiteload of people queuing to get in to certain places.

To me, the people in the queues are the ones that need to have a look at themselves over the places that they are queuing to get in to.  

In these times it isn't very difficult to think ahead, book your tables for a night out and go with that plan.  

Any chat of a local lockdown better start and end at pubs/restaurants.

3 minutes ago, Bad_Mobby said:

I did hear some gossip that ABZ pub outbreaks were traced back to an oil and gas working frog muncher 

I head that too. Also the Cock and Bull was an offshore worker who only found out when he got routinely tested for going offshore. Didnt say where he was from though.

1 hour ago, Don Fonte said:

I'd guess they should hire security staff to do it.

For the queue within their property perhaps. But when it spills half a mile down the main road of Aberdeen city centre I'm sure there will be an arguement that the venue cannot be held responsible. Can't recall the supermarkets hiring security staff to police their queues which spilled onto public property. 

To be honest, doesn't really bother me either way. I'm just playing devil's advocate. 

40 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

For the queue within their property perhaps. But when it spills half a mile down the main road of Aberdeen city centre I'm sure there will be an arguement that the venue cannot be held responsible. Can't recall the supermarkets hiring security staff to police their queues which spilled onto public property. 

To be honest, doesn't really bother me either way. I'm just playing devil's advocate. 

Every supermarket I've been to manages their own queue with security staff.

Likewise couldnt give a fuck, but the like of Soul should have employed security for the queue regardless of legality.

Genuinely don't care though.

4 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

The local rags coverage of the Adams lounge making them a scapegoat is a disgrace. The lockdown police all over them in the comments as well. Sounds like they took every precaution they could have done. This was always going to happen once pubs open. Just have to now rely on the track and trace thing and folk doing the right thing if they test positive. 

Not according to folk that have been in there they haven't 

The local rags coverage of the Adams lounge making them a scapegoat is a disgrace. The lockdown police all over them in the comments as well. Sounds like they took every precaution they could have done. This was always going to happen once pubs open. Just have to now rely on the track and trace thing and folk doing the right thing if they test positive. 

18 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Two ways to look at this. 

The first is that the pub followed all the requirements, strictly policed them and still a significant amount of people have contracted the virus through (I assume) one infected person attending.  If that is the case, that is concerning industry wide, as if you get this and various other similar situations arising around Scotland in the near future, confidence in people attending such places will dwindle significantly.

The second is that the pub or people within the pub did not follow guidelines and this lead to the significant amount of cases.

I'd certainly prefer it to be the second one.  

19 minutes ago, Don Fonte said:

Every supermarket I've been to manages their own queue with security staff.

Likewise couldnt give a fuck, but the like of Soul should have employed security for the queue regardless of legality.

Genuinely don't care though.

Must be different up your way - as other than staff standing at the front of the queue, I've never seen any staff member manage the queue at any of the supermarkets. Cant say anyone has ever walked down the queue to ensure people remained 2m apart that I've seen. Even less likely when it spilled onto the public path at the bottom of the car park. 

13 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Jason Leitch said as much - said right when it was announced that they sent people to check it out and they ticked every box with regards compliance. 

5 hours ago, tutankamun said:

I head that too. Also the Cock and Bull was an offshore worker who only found out when he got routinely tested for going offshore. Didnt say where he was from though.

Boy from Orkney had a false positive before going offshore. Provoked a bit of panic here before the negative came through. 

Guest milne_afc

Youngsters thinking they're ready to make step up, Dazzler? Always good to hear the older crew are still up to it, but there will be a day of reckoning at some point.