Coronavirus

Henry

10 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Youngsters thinking they're ready to make step up, Dazzler? Always good to hear the older crew are still up to it, but there will be a day of reckoning at some point. 

Absolutely. Always good to take the kids down a peg or two. I wasn't there but I've heard the reports of what happened. 

13 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Cock and Bull case was a false positive? Was in there on Monday

Not seen this confirmed anywhere. The restaurant haven't put this out so unless you know the person involved not sure how youd know. 

As I said I was also in yesterday for lunch. No requirement for any other customer to be informed due to the positioning of the tables. Well apart and no chance of coming within close enough contact for it to spread. 

3 minutes ago, tutankamun said:

Did you have your own private toilet facilities?

Never went for a piss. But there was sanitising stations at the toilet door. 

Just quoting the guidelines. Only those who will have spent 15 mins within 2m of the infected person are contacted via track and trace. And since all the tables are at least 2m apart, doubtful anybody will get contacted. Unless they are spending time together in the bogs of course...

6 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Just quoting the guidelines. Only those who will have spent 15 mins within 2m of the infected person are contacted via track and trace. And since all the tables are at least 2m apart, doubtful anybody will get contacted. Unless they are spending time together in the bogs of course...

I’m sure they took note of who used the facilities.

theres always a chance of infection if you are in the same restaurant / pub as an infected individual regardless of time spent together. Touch an infected surface, touch your face, easy done.

and there’s this

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-53329946

41 minutes ago, tutankamun said:

theres always a chance of infection if you are in the same restaurant / pub as an infected individual regardless of time spent together. Touch an infected surface, touch your face, easy done.

and there’s this

Not sure Roger Daltrey and Pete Townsend are experts in this field tbf.

Just a farce and pointless. 

I  don’t even bother signing in anymore and naebody gives a fuck, granted they will know I am but what is the point.

Aye cheers Stacey we’ve discovered that you were in a bar 12 hours ago someone had Covid.

Thanks for the text that’s me off to the doctors 

1 minute ago, Fridge said:

I  don’t even bother signing in anymore and naebody gives a fuck, granted they will know I am but what is the point.

Aye cheers Stacey we’ve discovered that you were in a bar 12 hours ago someone had Covid.

It’s either crack on , take them chance or shut the bars down.

1 hour ago, Fridge said:

This is it. If you might be losing your job because you say you have to take 2 weeks off, as you might have been in the same place as someone who tested positive. Folk just aren't going to do that. 

23 minutes ago, G31DON said:

This is it. If you might be losing your job because you say you have to take 2 weeks off, as you might have been in the same place as someone who tested positive. Folk just aren't going to do that. 

If you’re not prepared to quarantine if contacted then you should stay at home.

8 hours ago, tutankamun said:

and there’s this

Of course there is a chance. But according to the guidelines nobody will need to be contacted. Cock and Bull said as much in their Facebook post about it. 

8 hours ago, dazzy_deff said:

From all I've read the 2m distance in an indoor setting won't keep people safe as the virus can stay in the air for up to 14hrs they reckon now and can remain on steel surfaces for up to 48hrs, I'd imagine the majority of places are giving everything a right good clean so should be fine.  Also read that less than 2m for 5mins is enough for a dose to passed on to someone.

• Downvote 1
1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Indeed. The selfish bastards really showing themselves up during this. 

I know what you are saying Parky, and if contacted I would isolate, but if you've already lost a lot of money through this, have bills to pay, kids school stuff to pay for and don't feel ill it must be tempting to soldier on and I wouldn't blame anyone in that situation if they did. 

14 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

I know what you are saying Parky, and if contacted I would isolate, but if you've already lost a lot of money through this, have bills to pay, kids school stuff to pay for and don't feel ill it must be tempting to soldier on and I wouldn't blame anyone in that situation if they did. 

I do agree to an extent and not every can "afford" to not work for two weeks. There should be better support for these being asked to isolate than the pitiful statutory sick pay. (Sick pay that is only at that level due to the war on perceived "spongers" claiming benefits over the past two decades - but that's another debate). 

However, if folk aren't prepared/able to stay home for two weeks when asked, then they shouldn't be going to the pub in the first place. 

I went to a beer garden on Saturday. Wasn't inside the pub at all. Didn't use the bathroom. Only thing I touched was the table and my glass. Kept my distance from people. Santitised my hands using the facilities there too. My risk would be minuscule, even if an infected person was there. Yet if asked to isolate and stay home, I would. 

Too many folk don't take personal responsibility. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2
14 minutes ago, tutankamun said:

Would you voluntarily isolate if you knew you had been in contact with an infected person, even if you were NOT contacted by the track and trace people?

If I'd been within 2m of someone for more than 15 minutes, as per the guidelines, yeah. 

1 minute ago, maryhilldon said:

You've lost the plot. 

If you say so MHD. I Just don't want to be responsible for killing your or anyone else's parents tbh. 

• Downvote 1