Coronavirus

Henry

1 hour ago, minijc said:

From all I've read the 2m distance in an indoor setting won't keep people safe as the virus can stay in the air for up to 14hrs they reckon now and can remain on steel surfaces for up to 48hrs, I'd imagine the majority of places are giving everything a right good clean so should be fine.  Also read that less than 2m for 5mins is enough for a dose to passed on to someone.

But the guidelines are 2m for 15 mins hence the cock and bull (which we are speaking about in this instance) don't need to inform anybody. That is based on the assumption that nobody is spending over 15 mins face to face with another in the toilet and that people are taking personal responsibility and using the sanitising station at the toilet doors. And it's also the reason why not everybody who was in the same bars will get a message from track and trace.

11 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

But the guidelines are 2m for 15 mins hence the cock and bull (which we are speaking about in this instance) don't need to inform anybody. That is based on the assumption that nobody is spending over 15 mins face to face with another in the toilet and that people are taking personal responsibility and using the sanitising station at the toilet doors. And it's also the reason why not everybody who was in the same bars will get a message from track and trace.

Aye I get that, I'm just putting up the info I've read.

I grassed on my elderly neighbour not long into the lockdown - back when you could only go out once a day. 

He hadn't left his house for days and, eventually, ventured out to go shopping, presumably. 

I rang the police and said this was the fourth time he had left the house that day - I also took a photo of him and shamed him on Facebook and Instagram. 

• Upvote 3
31 minutes ago, BigInnes said:

I grassed on my elderly neighbour not long into the lockdown - back when you could only go out once a day. 

He hadn't left his house for days and, eventually, ventured out to go shopping, presumably. 

I rang the police and said this was the fourth time he had left the house that day - I also took a photo of him and shamed him on Facebook and Instagram. 

Everyone look at me aren't I edgy.

Fud.

The authorities need to step up helping companies providing useful and relevant facts.

The letter issued to members of a golf club in Aberdeen states that "someone with COVID-19" had been in the golf club but they would not say what date and time this relates to and simply states within the "last 10 days".

Not exactly helpful.

1 minute ago, For Fecks Sake said:

The authorities need to step up helping companies providing useful and relevant facts.

The letter issued to members of a golf club in Aberdeen states that "someone with COVID-19" had been in the golf club but they would not say what date and time this relates to and simply states within the "last 10 days".

Not exactly helpful.

Pretty sure that's on the club cos McNastys had one up last night gave the day and exact time frame the person was in the bar.

1 hour ago, BigInnes said:

Did you kick his cunt in after for good measure?

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

I do agree to an extent and not every can "afford" to not work for two weeks. There should be better support for these being asked to isolate than the pitiful statutory sick pay. (Sick pay that is only at that level due to the war on perceived "spongers" claiming benefits over the past two decades - but that's another debate). 

However, if folk aren't prepared/able to stay home for two weeks when asked, then they shouldn't be going to the pub in the first place. 

I went to a beer garden on Saturday. Wasn't inside the pub at all. Didn't use the bathroom. Only thing I touched was the table and my glass. Kept my distance from people. Santitised my hands using the facilities there too. My risk would be minuscule, even if an infected person was there. Yet if asked to isolate and stay home, I would. 

Too many folk don't take personal responsibility. 

Not strictly true about ssp, that only affects people in work. 

The goalposts seem to have shifted slightly in trace and trace. The way it was initially explained if you were contacted you went for a test, if test was pos you isolate. Now it seems to have shifted to if contacted you isolate no matter what. Not sure this change was explained properly. 

5 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Not strictly true about ssp, that only affects people in work. 

The goalposts seem to have shifted slightly in trace and trace. The way it was initially explained if you were contacted you went for a test, if test was pos you isolate. Now it seems to have shifted to if contacted you isolate no matter what. Not sure this change was explained properly. 

yes, I think they are worried the test is taken during the incubation period of the virus, so would show negative

A lot of paranoia going on in Aberdeen at the moment, I've seen a few messages like this on Facebook recently:

Kippie Sports & Country Club is feeling concerned.
1d · 

In light of the rise of cases in Grampian over the weekend, please may we ask you to read over the following -

• Have you recently visited any of the affected bars/areas in Aberdeen, on or since the 25th of July?
• Have you tested positive since your last visit?
• Are you or anyone in your household, showing any symptoms of Covid-19?

Please, if you have answered yes to any of the above we ask that you do not visit the Club. If you have a beauty or hair appointment booked
please, in the absolute strictest of confidence, we would really appreciate if you can you give us a call on 01224 739905. The safety of our members, clients and staff is paramount.

Thank you.

I thought only 1 bar has been officially named by the government? and what do they mean by 'area'?

Guest milne_afc
2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Pubs to shut at 5pm. Indoor and outdoor. 

Well done, lads. 

Yip, bunch of idiots. 

Hope the Tory pubs go bust.