Coronavirus

Henry

It’s amazing that coronavirus only spreads in bars in Aberdeen. I canna believe folk can’t see this for what it is. The media spent days posting stories and pictures around this which whipped everyone in to a panicked frenzy. The testing site was absolutely mobbed I’m told. So what happens when you see a significant increase in testing? Of course you’re going to find more positive cases, and it would be the same anywhere in the U.K. Why haven’t they told us the percentage of positive tests relative to the number of tests conducted? Surely that’s a more accurate way of looking at the picture. I wonder what’s going to happen in a few weeks when we have re-opened everything and there is another “spike” in cases. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Studebaker-90 said:

It’s amazing that coronavirus only spreads in bars in Aberdeen. I canna believe folk can’t see this for what it is. The media spent days posting stories and pictures around this which whipped everyone in to a panicked frenzy. The testing site was absolutely mobbed I’m told. So what happens when you see a significant increase in testing? Of course you’re going to find more positive cases, and it would be the same anywhere in the U.K. Why haven’t they told us the percentage of positive tests relative to the number of tests conducted? Surely that’s a more accurate way of looking at the picture. I wonder what’s going to happen in a few weeks when we have re-opened everything and there is another “spike” in cases. 

Wouldn’t of shut down Edinburgh or Inverness or any other city filled with tourists.

5 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

1.3% today I think it was. 

Under 5% is under control apparently. 

11 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

They literally give that info every single fucking day at the briefing haha. 

19 minutes ago, Parklife said:

They literally give that info every single fucking day at the briefing haha. 

I think he may have meant Aberdeen testing sites.  Not sure you get that do you?  

The one thing I find particularly strange is that there must be asymptomatic people walking in to similar establishments across Scotland, and seems strange there has been such a proliferation of cases in Aberdeen that hasn't been reflected in any of the other major Scottish cities.  I'd have thought you'd see similar sites to some of the big queues/heaving pubs in Glasgow and Edinburgh anyway...  

11 minutes ago, minijc said:

Test sites were mobbed due to contacts being traced and people knowing they'd been in places with positive cases, wasn't just randoms panicking and going for a test ffs.

How could you possibly know that? Did you know everyone that went for a test? I know people that have been for a test showing no symptoms and that haven’t been contacted by track and trace so you’re speaking Shite I’m afraid 

46 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Completely spot on, set up anywhere in the Country and test folk on mass and you'll get positives.

18 minutes ago, minijc said:

Test sites were mobbed due to contacts being traced and people knowing they'd been in places with positive cases, wasn't just randoms panicking and going for a test ffs.

Yesterday there had only been 190 people tracked and traced, so that shouldn't have mobbed a test site. 

Also, you are only meant to go get tested if you exhibit symptoms.  No symptoms - self isolate.  

So a mobbing of sites does seem to suggest one of two things - a lot more people exhibiting symptoms, or people seeing the coverage and taking it in to their own hands.  

12 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

How could you possibly know that? Did you know everyone that went for a test? I know people that have been for a test showing no symptoms and that haven’t been contacted by track and trace so you’re speaking Shite I’m afraid 

So the people you know seen what was happened then rn off for a test?  LOL

1 minute ago, minijc said:

So the people you know seen what was happened then rn off for a test?  LOL

Well people can get sent through their work etc and it stands to reason that people who have been out and about might want to get tested, especially if they live with vulnerable people. Point still stands that you don’t have a clue what you’re talking about though. 

Just now, Studebaker-90 said:

Well people can get sent through their work etc and it stands to reason that people who have been out and about might want to get tested, especially if they live with vulnerable people. Point still stands that you don’t have a clue what you’re talking about though. 

Hahaha you made it out as if the test centre was mobbed cos the media has whipped everyone in to a frenzy, over 200 contacts have been traced so far and there will be more over the next few days.

3 hours ago, daytripping said:

People who can work from home should continue to do so, no point them coming back to work if they could be carriers.

We've got to live with it, can't go shutting down cities because a handful catch it, she's way out of her depth, health should never have been devolved.

Thankfully it has been. Hence we lead the way in the UK in terms of beds per thousand, waiting times etc etc. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
2 minutes ago, minijc said:

Hahaha you made it out as if the test centre was mobbed cos the media has whipped everyone in to a frenzy, over 200 contacts have been traced so far and there will be more over the next few days.

Yes I do think that’s what happened. I’ve seen pictures and the place is completely rammed, that can’t solely be down to people with symptoms and contact track/tracing.