Coronavirus

Henry

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Fatman has been writing almost identical posts for about 6 months. 

Merely copying (Ctrl + C) and pasting (Ctrl + V) regardless of what is being discussed. 

No idea why he thinks he needs to keep posting the exact same thing over and over again, as if we don't know his opinion, but it's a free messageboard

Get you, I use a mouse.

His posts are as valid as anyone's, makes some bloody good points, in my top ten posters for sure.

The Scottish Government is set to extend emergency coronavirus legislation until the end of March, according to the Scottish constitutional secretary.

Mike Russell said the Bill had provided “vital protections” on issues such as housing which were still needed.

He told Holyrood the Scottish Government will seek to extend the legislation from its expiry date of September 30 to March 31, although some provisions may not be renewed.

@manboobs109

8 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

Get back under the bed Parkie ye shite bag.  You scared of life?  There's a million ways to die,  put on a crash helmet and a bubble wrap jacket before you leave home. What a wimp. 

Assume you were on the cans. 

Given I've never claimed to be scared of anything Covid related, have worked continuously throughout this and have carried on my life more than the vast majority. 

You stick to drinking cans on a Tuesday night & blaming immigrants for your issues. 

Wank 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
11 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Assume you were on the cans. 

Given I've never claimed to be scared of anything Covid related, have worked continuously throughout this and have carried on my life more than the vast majority. 

You stick to drinking cans on a Tuesday night & blaming immigrants for your issues. 

Wank 

Awfy aggressive this morning. Her indoors demanding you impregnate her?

11 minutes ago, NEM said:

How is the common flu managing to kill almost 3 times as many?  Should the measures taken to supress Covid19 not work the same on it?

You're wasting your time min.  He's off on an ego trip with this thread trying to prove his theories right and other people's wrong. Blinkers well and truly on. 

Comments that someone shouldn't be insulting him in one post then dishes out an insult to someone completely different in the very next post. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, BrianFaePerth said:

Thought this was shite but office of National statistics data backs it up. 

7-900 a week dying of the flu in England, almost 4 times the covids.

its a bastard how lockdown is only eliminating some flus. You’d almost think the whole thing was a waste of time.

Cheeky bastard ?

20 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

You're wasting your time min.  He's off on an ego trip with this thread trying to prove his theories right and other people's wrong. Blinkers well and truly on. 

Comments that someone shouldn't be insulting him in one post then dishes out an insult to someone completely different in the very next post. 

Bizarre post. Not as bizarre as the wee rant you went on when I said I wore a face covering to go to a shop but still strange. 

No ego trip. I don't really have "theories". I know hee haw about infectious diseases. I merely try and read what people who do know about them and global public health say and form a viewpoint from there. 

An infectious disease (such as flu) spreading at high levels would certainly be interesting, given the measures being taken to suppress covid. Would certainly be interested in reading further if someone can provide some information on that  

Ive no issue with someone insulting me. MHD was however just talking shite. I've never said I'm scared of Covid and have been operating more normally than the vast majority of the population throughout it all. He seems to mistake that thinking the best course of action is to minimise virus levels, is being "scared". Weird jump in logic but, as I said, it's clearly been a can-fuelled post. 

19 minutes ago, NEM said:

How is the common flu managing to kill almost 3 times as many?  Should the measures taken to supress Covid19 not work the same on it?

Thought this was shite but office of National statistics data backs it up. 

7-900 a week dying of the flu in England, almost 4 times the covids.

its a bastard how lockdown is only eliminating some flus. You’d almost think the whole thing was a waste of time.

12 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Bizarre post. Not as bizarre as the wee rant you went on when I said I wore a face covering to go to a shop but still strange. 

No ego trip. I don't really have "theories". I know hee haw about infectious diseases. I merely try and read what people who do know about them and global public health say and form a viewpoint from there. 

An infectious disease (such as flu) spreading at high levels would certainly be interesting, given the measures being taken to suppress covid. Would certainly be interested in reading further if someone can provide some information on that  

Ive no issue with someone insulting me. MHD was however just talking shite. I've never said I'm scared of Covid and have been operating more normally than the vast majority of the population throughout it all. He seems to mistake that thinking the best course of action is to minimise virus levels, is being "scared". Weird jump in logic but, as I said, it's clearly been a can-fuelled post. 

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/datasets/weeklyprovisionalfiguresondeathsregisteredinenglandandwales

Have a look. You’d expect the regular flu to drop off in a similar fashion to the covids. It’s pattern looks seasonal and unaffected.

12 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Then why the mouth drooling emoji to NEMs perfectly reasonable question? 

There’s that many conflicting statistics, figures and opinions these days that its no wonder folk just draw their own conclusions. Overall deaths are back to where they would normally be even with the Covids being accounted for. It’s probably below several illnesses now but is that because of the measures in place, a weakening of the strain, weather? Christ knows. New infections are predominately a result of younger people mixing again in confined environments and generally not being arsed, hence positive cases rising but deaths being low. Fuck knows how we get out of this cycle if the liberal approach is to continue and we live I fear of a tiny number of folk getting mild symptoms. Hospital admission and ICU occupancy should be the key factors.

19 minutes ago, BrianFaePerth said:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/datasets/weeklyprovisionalfiguresondeathsregisteredinenglandandwales

Have a look. You’d expect the regular flu to drop off in a similar fashion to the covids. It’s pattern looks seasonal and unaffected.

I'm perhaps being an idiot, but where are the flu deaths in the spreadsheet?  Couldn't see it, nor find it when I searched the whole workbook for flu.

The local lockdown imposed in Aberdeen a week ago after a spike in coronavirus cases is to remain in place.

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said the number of new cases in the city had fallen in recent days - but was still "much higher" than in other areas.

She said it was therefore too early to lift any of the restrictions.

It means pubs and restaurants will remain closed, with restrictions on travel and visiting other households still in place.

25 minutes ago, BrianFaePerth said:

Classified under respiratory disease. A broad brush but that’s where it is.

and the number of deaths for which the underlying cause was coded to respiratory diseases as defined in the International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems Tenth Revision (ICD-10)

ICD-10 list of diseases

• J00-J06 Acute upper respiratory infections
  • J09-J18 Influenza and pneumonia
  • J20-J22 Other acute lower respiratory infections
  • J30-J39 Other diseases of upper respiratory tract
  • J40-J47 Chronic lower respiratory diseases
  • J60-J70 Lung diseases due to external agents
  • J80-J84 Other respiratory diseases principally affecting the interstitium
  • J85-J86 Suppurative and necrotic conditions of lower respiratory tract
  • J90-J94 Other diseases of pleura
  • J95-J99 Other diseases of the respiratory system

I have very little idea about medical issues, but it does seem simplistic to say that the figure is attributable solely to flu deaths.  Are all of these caused by infection?  Doesn't look like it to me...  Also, it certainly isn't how they disclose annual flu deaths.