Coronavirus

Henry

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It's almost like Parklife would rather be proved right than acknowledge any good news that might be contrary to his own opinion. 

"Proved right" about what? A single Swedish Dr making a bucket load of assumptions doesn't tell us that much. 

Hopefully detected infections are reducing as the virus is mutating to weaker strains. That'd be what we all want, I suggest. However, the link posted doesn't tell us much at all, unfortunately. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Haha fuck up man. He's come on acting the cunt and made himself look ridiculous. That's no-ones fault but his own. He'll never learn though, he doesn't have the humility to. 

Do you not see a pattern here though lad?   How many people have you fallen out with and insulted on this thread without any provocation other than for having a different viewpoint to your entrenched position? 

• Downvote 1
21 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Do you not see a pattern here though lad?   How many people have you fallen out with and insulted on this thread without any provocation other than for having a different viewpoint to your entrenched position? 

This thread is a complete car crash for you and you don't even realise it. 

Parklife v Dayts/Millertime - Manboobs as the occasional tag team partner when Millertime is having a breakdown. 

Fine line between entertaining and tedious but it keeps this place going. 

21 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

This thread is a complete car crash for you and you don't even realise it. 

I don't agree with Parky on this issue at all, but the majority of people who have "fallen out" with him are either folk just fishing or folk who don't have the ability to debate at all/fuds.

It's perfectly possible to debate with him fairly reasonable but I suspect on an issue such as this opposing sides will never agree. Still a worthwhile debate to have. 

If Parky offends you so much maybe it's time to think about who really is a snowflake. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
4 hours ago, Parklife said:

I've no obligation to "answer" any old link you post. I don't expect you to do do with the many, many things I've posted that, which is good as you've not. 

As I said, I could post many links of drs that have had totally different experiences but what's the point? 

Don't think you know what the word "proved" means, bro. 

Health services are pretty swamped in many, many parts of the world, moobs.

Thankfully we suppressed the virus well already and our track and trace system is going well. Thats allowed our health services to get close to back to normal. 

You pulled people up for not responding to things you posted...

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

I don't agree with Parky on this issue at all, but the majority of people who have "fallen out" with him are either folk just fishing or folk who don't have the ability to debate at all/fuds.

It's perfectly possible to debate with him fairly reasonable but I suspect on an issue such as this opposing sides will never agree. Still a worthwhile debate to have. 

If Parky offends you so much maybe it's time to think about who really is a snowflake. 

^^^This 100%.

Parklife’s clearly a principled guy who argues and stands by his point with intelligence and reason no matter what the clique are saying. I dont necessarily always agree or even read a lot of his stuff but he stands up for himself and swats away the retards with ease. 

• Upvote 2
52 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

About 5 people were having a pop at me when I wasn't even in the conversation. Read back and you'll see that. 

Given you seem to do little but have random digs at me every so often, maybe put me on ignore and you'll not have to get pissed off about my posts. 

42 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

^^^This 100%.

Parklife’s clearly a principled guy who argues and stands by his point with intelligence and reason no matter what the clique are saying. I dont necessarily always agree or even read a lot of his stuff but he stands up for himself and swats away the retards with ease. 

Healthy debate is always good, passes the day, if everyone agreed on things the World and this forum would be a boring place. I can't be doing with people insulting each other though, that bores me, lot of fine lines out there though. Think we as a collective maybe pushed Dad over that line, just one example, end of the day we're all dons fans give or take a couple, here for a laugh and to talk crap, bit leftist but no one should be pushed so hard they don't come back. 

Debate good, insults should have been left at the playground gate. Wind ups and fishing trips more than acceptable but with some people caution needed. ?

2 hours ago, Redforever86 said:

Was it you that was gaan to buy an air conditioner ages ago? Ever get one? Worth it?

I have a pinguino air conditioning unit and it is fantastic . Stick it on in the bedroom an hour before you go to bed and it chills the room like a chilled , ice cube bad mofo. £600 I think it was. Got it last year. 

Think Parklife is obviously taking a lot because he was the biggest proponent for the lockdown measures on this forum.

I certainly backed the lockdown measures myself initially, and have been quite smug that we've been sitting pretty in our covid-free bubble!

However, the way things are going, I'm starting to change my opinion.  The events in Melbourne and Auckland, and the governments response to them, really worried me.  This passage from the swedish article sums things up.

Sweden ripped the metaphorical band-aid off quickly and got the epidemic over and done with in a short amount of time, while the rest of the world has chosen to try to peel the band-aid off slowly. At present that means Sweden has one of the highest total death rates in the world. But covid is over in Sweden. People have gone back to their normal lives and barely anyone is getting infected any more. I am willing to bet that the countries that have shut down completely will see rates spike when they open up. If that is the case, then there won’t have been any point in shutting down in the first place, because all those countries are going to end up with the same number of dead at the end of the day anyway. Shutting down completely in order to decrease the total number of deaths only makes sense if you are willing to stay shut down until a vaccine is available. That could take years. No country is willing to wait that long.

The issue we have in New Zealand & Australia, is that our response to any outbreak, regardless of the scale, is a quite draconian lockdown.  In WA we have the hard border closure too!  My worry is that as soon as these are relaxed, we'll see a spike of cases - then we'll be back into a brutal lockdown.  If this keeps happening, every time we attempt to relax restrictions, we are going to be battling Covid19 for many months, if not years to come... meanwhile the rest of the world will be back to normal.

There is massive public backing for the border closures over here.  The support our local government has received for this means no one is going to be leaving or entering our state for a very, very long time!  A lot of it is fuelled by parochialism - I was a bit caught up in it by myself, but really worried we're now going to be facing this continual 'relax restrictions, then back-into-lock down' pattern for some time...  basically no one in our state of >2M people has been exposed to this virus yet. 

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

You'll struggle to get one from a doctor from the last few weeks since barely anyone is being hospitalised and they are actually appealing for ill people to start using health services again. 

What are our doctors saying about it? The infection rate has been high for weeks but hospital numbers are dropping. Surely they are as baffled by this as the rest of us.