Coronavirus

Henry

2 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Also, the people in the original clusters are generally young people. i.e. folk out in the pubs and kids at school. Once those people spread it to the older generation and/or those at risk, then you'll see the hospital admissions. 

Yip spot on yet so many either can't see this or they do see it but don't care about loads of people dying as long as they can go to the pub when they want and not wear a mask that's an apparent attack on their freedom.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, minijc said:

Yip spot on yet so many either can't see this or they do see it but don't care about loads of people dying as long as they can go to the pub when they want and not wear a mask that's an apparent attack on their freedom.

Childish, whiny little bitches

’im nae wearing a mask’

’im nae following lockdown rules’

’lockdowns pointless’

The sooner everyone plays the game, the sooner normal service can resume. 

• Upvote 2
6 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

Think Parklife is obviously taking a lot because he was the biggest proponent for the lockdown measures on this forum.

I certainly backed the lockdown measures myself initially, and have been quite smug that we've been sitting pretty in our covid-free bubble!

However, the way things are going, I'm starting to change my opinion.  The events in Melbourne and Auckland, and the governments response to them, really worried me.  This passage from the swedish article sums things up.

The issue we have in New Zealand & Australia, is that our response to any outbreak, regardless of the scale, is a quite draconian lockdown.  In WA we have the hard border closure too!  My worry is that as soon as these are relaxed, we'll see a spike of cases - then we'll be back into a brutal lockdown.  If this keeps happening, every time we attempt to relax restrictions, we are going to be battling Covid19 for many months, if not years to come... meanwhile the rest of the world will be back to normal.

There is massive public backing for the border closures over here.  The support our local government has received for this means no one is going to be leaving or entering our state for a very, very long time!  A lot of it is fuelled by parochialism - I was a bit caught up in it by myself, but really worried we're now going to be facing this continual 'relax restrictions, then back-into-lock down' pattern for some time...  basically no one in our state of >2M people has been exposed to this virus yet. 

Maybe you should be more worried about Clive Palmer?

6 minutes ago, minijc said:

Just something for certain people to be "edgy" about.  "You can't tell me what to do" , as they conform to thousands of other ingrained rules in their lives, like wearing a seatbelt, adhering to road traffic signals, paying for items in shops,   not going about with their tiny cocks out because they think that they shouldn't be made to wear pants etc etc

20 minutes ago, minijc said:

Some people (Moobs) complained about not being able to go to the pub, then didn't go when it opened. 

19 minutes ago, minijc said:

It depends really, one of the people I know that died from it wasn't put in to hospital for several days after contracting it and then was in hospital for 10 weeks before he died.

Sorry to hear that man. I still maintain that protecting the vulnerable and letting the rest of us crack on is the best course though. 

2 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Parky, I work in pubs every day man. Not sure what this 'didn't go' chat is. I maybe said I didn't go on the day they opened but my local had been open over a week by then. 

Posts lost in the ether now but you said previously, in one of your whinges, that you hadn't been since they'd opened. 

Not that it really matters. 

2 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Sorry to hear that man. I still maintain that protecting the vulnerable and letting the rest of us crack on is the best course though. 

This person wouldn't be classed as vulnerable that's what gets me, yeah statistically it looks like it is just the old and those with underlying issues that die but there are still plenty of cases of people dying because of it that don't fall in either of those groups.

Not to mention all the issues it can leave you with, there's an unnamed NBA player that caught it and is completely fucked with it, struggles with energy levels, has days where he can't walk far now this guy is an elite athlete and it's done that to him, so I don't want to take any chances with it.  Doesn't mean I think we should burn the economy but there has to be better ways of managing it than what the UK has done.

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Given your last attempt at giving statistics was comparing apples with oranges, it's pretty obvious you'd be doubted. 

You've seen a damning stat that it doesn't kill under 45's and instead of going to the site to double check you post that to me, why not just accept it as a good news for young people.

Some people really do want this to go on forever to prove a point, it's baffling.

Just now, daytripping said:

You've seen a damning stat that it doesn't kill under 45's and instead of going to the site to double check you post that to me, why not just accept it as a good news for young people.

Some people really do want this to go on forever to prove a point, it's baffling.

I asked you to provide me with information as you asserted it and I can't see it. Can you do it please? 

Just now, daytripping said:

No body wants it to go on just to prove a point, that's just a stupid way of thinking.  It's virus that can leave people with life limiting ailments, it can speed up conditions as well and until there's a proper way of dealing with it, it's only right that people take precautions but then we've got folk like you who refuse to wear a mask and say we should let it run it's course like it's fuck all.

8 minutes ago, daytripping said:

People die from all manner of diseases, this one is barely killing anyone these days, lockdown is doing more damage. I don't know a single person who has died from the illness but I know a huge amount of people who have lost jobs through it, chances of getting something else now are slim to zero. That's the real crisis now.

Not all manner of diseases are as contagious as this though, are they?  Anyways the pandemic is a nice cover screen for many industries to make cuts, this country was headed for a massive recession as it was with or without this and brexit lingering, it's just injected a bit of pace in to things.

1 minute ago, minijc said:

No body wants it to go on just to prove a point, that's just a stupid way of thinking.  It's virus that can leave people with life limiting ailments, it can speed up conditions as well and until there's a proper way of dealing with it, it's only right that people take precautions but then we've got folk like you who refuse to wear a mask and say we should let it run it's course like it's fuck all.

People die from all manner of diseases, this one is barely killing anyone these days, lockdown is doing more damage. I don't know a single person who has died from the illness but I know a huge amount of people who have lost jobs through it, chances of getting something else now are slim to zero. That's the real crisis now.

1 hour ago, minijc said:

You didn't get it from there though did you?  You've just done a wee copy and paste off facebook without checking to see if it's true.

Anyways if we are to just live with it and let everyone under 45 run wild the NHS will be over run very quickly and the deaths will pile up, look at this cluster now over 900 close contacts contacted and told to isolate, I know for a face that quite a few in that cluster aren't, just hope none of them actually have it cos what they are doing is spreading it and putting lives at risk.

Aye look at this cluster, with no hospital admissions ?

Stop being such a wet blanket min 

24 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Hahaha, you can lead a horse to water...…

I give up, if people don't want to see what's happening then it's fair enough with me.

Have a nice day, I have some non face covered shopping to do.

It's not about seeing what's happening or not. It's about you repeating made up stuff from Facebook as if it's fact. 

• Upvote 2