Coronavirus

Henry

One person that we know nothing about on the other side of the world died. 

Oh no lets completely fuck 25%+ of the economy. 

If you don't want to catch it, don't go to busy places, keep your distance, wear a mask, and wash your hands. 

Can we seriously just get back to people being allowed to do what they want and take their own risks instead of some bullshit 1984 police state.

More thousands of £s lost for me most likely due to the France and Netherlands quarantine. Not that I can barely get staff because of Brexit, folk "shielding" and a furlough scheme lasting for months upon months. 

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Redforever86 said:

If you don't want to catch it, don't go to busy places, keep your distance, wear a mask, and wash your hands. 

Can we seriously just get back to people being allowed to do what they want and take their own risks instead of some bullshit 1984 police state.

More thousands of £s lost for me most likely due to the France and Netherlands quarantine. Not that I can barely get staff because of Brexit, folk "shielding" and a furlough scheme lasting for months upon months. 

I was looking at yer place the other, would work for you.

2 hours ago, Redforever86 said:

Good post. I'm sort of coming around to this view.

Cost me a fortune as well so far. And way into the future.

Probably set for life until this shit kicked in.

Though hit shitloads o folk way harder than me, including deed folk, so struggling to genuinely complain about it.

3 hours ago, Redforever86 said:

I've said this before, if you're a 'working from home' punter or on furlough and defo got a job to go back to or nhs/public sector it's easy to say that the lockdown etc is for the best but most real people see it for what it is, a total over reaction. 

I'm in the same boat as you, its cost me thousands so far and set me back 3 years or so. I'd had my business valued as I fancied selling it and buying a wee pub, I'd imagine it's worth about a tenner now. 

Nobody wants people to die but prolonging this is ruining lives and I see no real proof it's saving lives now. 

1 hour ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

You sleep in a mask?

What the hell are you?  Some comic book bad guy....?  

52 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

That’s got to be a wind up :laughing:

41 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Any other poster I'd assume that was a joke,  you just might be serious though? 

Got these boys on a string, Minijc. 

Top work. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
5 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

I've said this before, if you're a 'working from home' punter or on furlough and defo got a job to go back to or nhs/public sector it's easy to say that the lockdown etc is for the best but most real people see it for what it is, a total over reaction. 

I'm in the same boat as you, its cost me thousands so far and set me back 3 years or so. I'd had my business valued as I fancied selling it and buying a wee pub, I'd imagine it's worth about a tenner now. 

Nobody wants people to die but prolonging this is ruining lives and I see no real proof it's saving lives now. 

Ken just need a moan. But I’m nae planning on being in the middle of nowhere ah my life and as you say it just sets you back a year or two. 

16 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

Would you still buy a pub post-Covid?

my local was for sale at the turn of the year, can’t see it ever selling now. 

14 minutes ago, Henry said:

Would you still buy a pub post-Covid?

my local was for sale at the turn of the year, can’t see it ever selling now. 

I'll wait til next year and see what's happening re vaccines etc. I think there will be a contraction in the market, pub goers down by a fairly hefty percentage, so there will be plenty up for sale/lease but whether they are viable or not is the issue. 

Fuck knows is the answer. 

I think their issue was much the same as ours, leaving care homes to fend for themselves. I'm sure Scotland and Sweden would protect them more if they could go back to the start. 

Some people(me) were saying from the beginning of lockdown that resources should've been spent on protecting the vulnerable instead of paying perfectly healthy people to sit about doing fuck all. 

Somebody said earlier that this thread just goes round in circles, nobody able to concede a wee bit ground, posting sources that agree with their view and they were right. 

My gut feeling is that the virus is becoming less potent. I can't see how we can go from the situation from a couple of months back to this without this being the case. Very low numbers in hosp, no deaths and yet cases rising. 

Of course Parky will pounce on this asking for evidence and listing other countries but its an interpretation of what is going on here. I was right about kids in school not being a huge danger, I was right about protecting the vulnerable with more resources and I reckon I'm right about this. 

Close the borders, protect the vulnerable and let's just crack on. 

• Upvote 1
51 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

I think their issue was much the same as ours, leaving care homes to fend for themselves. I'm sure Scotland and Sweden would protect them more if they could go back to the start. 

Some people(me) were saying from the beginning of lockdown that resources should've been spent on protecting the vulnerable instead of paying perfectly healthy people to sit about doing fuck all. 

Somebody said earlier that this thread just goes round in circles, nobody able to concede a wee bit ground, posting sources that agree with their view and they were right. 

My gut feeling is that the virus is becoming less potent. I can't see how we can go from the situation from a couple of months back to this without this being the case. Very low numbers in hosp, no deaths and yet cases rising. 

Of course Parky will pounce on this asking for evidence and listing other countries but its an interpretation of what is going on here. I was right about kids in school not being a huge danger, I was right about protecting the vulnerable with more resources and I reckon I'm right about this. 

Close the borders, protect the vulnerable and let's just crack on. 

It's almost as if there was a 'lockdown'..

37 minutes ago, Millertime said:

This happens to seemingly healthy people every day,  it isnt a new phenomenon with the "corona virus"

I'm not saying it's a new thing but we don't actually have a cure for this do we and to stop it from killing large numbers of people there's things we can do to help prevent it.