Coronavirus

Henry

1 minute ago, minijc said:

No body wants it to go on just to prove a point, that's just a stupid way of thinking.  It's virus that can leave people with life limiting ailments, it can speed up conditions as well and until there's a proper way of dealing with it, it's only right that people take precautions but then we've got folk like you who refuse to wear a mask and say we should let it run it's course like it's fuck all.

People die from all manner of diseases, this one is barely killing anyone these days, lockdown is doing more damage. I don't know a single person who has died from the illness but I know a huge amount of people who have lost jobs through it, chances of getting something else now are slim to zero. That's the real crisis now.

1 hour ago, minijc said:

You didn't get it from there though did you?  You've just done a wee copy and paste off facebook without checking to see if it's true.

Anyways if we are to just live with it and let everyone under 45 run wild the NHS will be over run very quickly and the deaths will pile up, look at this cluster now over 900 close contacts contacted and told to isolate, I know for a face that quite a few in that cluster aren't, just hope none of them actually have it cos what they are doing is spreading it and putting lives at risk.

Aye look at this cluster, with no hospital admissions ?

Stop being such a wet blanket min 

24 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Hahaha, you can lead a horse to water...…

I give up, if people don't want to see what's happening then it's fair enough with me.

Have a nice day, I have some non face covered shopping to do.

It's not about seeing what's happening or not. It's about you repeating made up stuff from Facebook as if it's fact. 

• Upvote 2

One person that we know nothing about on the other side of the world died. 

Oh no lets completely fuck 25%+ of the economy. 

If you don't want to catch it, don't go to busy places, keep your distance, wear a mask, and wash your hands. 

Can we seriously just get back to people being allowed to do what they want and take their own risks instead of some bullshit 1984 police state.

More thousands of £s lost for me most likely due to the France and Netherlands quarantine. Not that I can barely get staff because of Brexit, folk "shielding" and a furlough scheme lasting for months upon months. 

• Upvote 9
1 hour ago, Redforever86 said:

If you don't want to catch it, don't go to busy places, keep your distance, wear a mask, and wash your hands. 

Can we seriously just get back to people being allowed to do what they want and take their own risks instead of some bullshit 1984 police state.

More thousands of £s lost for me most likely due to the France and Netherlands quarantine. Not that I can barely get staff because of Brexit, folk "shielding" and a furlough scheme lasting for months upon months. 

I was looking at yer place the other, would work for you.

2 hours ago, Redforever86 said:

Good post. I'm sort of coming around to this view.

Cost me a fortune as well so far. And way into the future.

Probably set for life until this shit kicked in.

Though hit shitloads o folk way harder than me, including deed folk, so struggling to genuinely complain about it.

3 hours ago, Redforever86 said:

I've said this before, if you're a 'working from home' punter or on furlough and defo got a job to go back to or nhs/public sector it's easy to say that the lockdown etc is for the best but most real people see it for what it is, a total over reaction. 

I'm in the same boat as you, its cost me thousands so far and set me back 3 years or so. I'd had my business valued as I fancied selling it and buying a wee pub, I'd imagine it's worth about a tenner now. 

Nobody wants people to die but prolonging this is ruining lives and I see no real proof it's saving lives now. 

1 hour ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

You sleep in a mask?

What the hell are you?  Some comic book bad guy....?  

52 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

That’s got to be a wind up :laughing:

41 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Any other poster I'd assume that was a joke,  you just might be serious though? 

Got these boys on a string, Minijc. 

Top work. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
5 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

I've said this before, if you're a 'working from home' punter or on furlough and defo got a job to go back to or nhs/public sector it's easy to say that the lockdown etc is for the best but most real people see it for what it is, a total over reaction. 

I'm in the same boat as you, its cost me thousands so far and set me back 3 years or so. I'd had my business valued as I fancied selling it and buying a wee pub, I'd imagine it's worth about a tenner now. 

Nobody wants people to die but prolonging this is ruining lives and I see no real proof it's saving lives now. 

Ken just need a moan. But I’m nae planning on being in the middle of nowhere ah my life and as you say it just sets you back a year or two. 

16 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

Would you still buy a pub post-Covid?

my local was for sale at the turn of the year, can’t see it ever selling now. 

14 minutes ago, Henry said:

Would you still buy a pub post-Covid?

my local was for sale at the turn of the year, can’t see it ever selling now. 

I'll wait til next year and see what's happening re vaccines etc. I think there will be a contraction in the market, pub goers down by a fairly hefty percentage, so there will be plenty up for sale/lease but whether they are viable or not is the issue. 

Fuck knows is the answer.