Coronavirus

Henry

6 hours ago, Parklife said:

I work with an 18 year old who used that very term on Friday ? Your son not saying it doesn't mean no one does, you walloper. 

You need to stop stealing the fatman's "you'll know better" pish. The whole point of a discussion is expressing your opinion that you think is right. Of course I think I know better, just like you did when you jumped in with your wanky, condescending and, most of all, incorrect post. 

Are you capable of disagreeing with someone without resorting to insults and name calling?  And it's hilarious that you of all people can accuse someone else of being condescending. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1
5 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Are you capable of disagreeing with someone without resorting to insults and name calling?  And it's hilarious that you of all people can accuse someone else of being condescending. 

Aye the irony meter was going off the scale there

8 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

I'm very capable of that. You'll see it in the posts I make towards people that try and engage in grown up discussions. However I responded to your post in kind. If your post hadn't been arsey, I wouldn't have responded how I did.  

Bit strange that you're having a pop at me when you quoted me and started the antagonistic dialogue. 

5 minutes ago, Howard Marks said:

Aberdeen is being made an example of and I reckon Sturgeon has now lost the support of many voters in the City ahead of the election.

In theory what is stopping her "locking" us down until the powers run out? More cases at one place of work in another area of Scotland than the whole of Grampian for the love of Pete. Apparently she's just said that the restrictions in Aberdeen will be as "proportionate as possible." Jesus wept. 

Excellent point.

Will also be checking how much of the 7 cases are split over City,  Shire and Moray. 

A complete fucking farce for this to go on any longer. 

Aberdeen is being made an example of and I reckon Sturgeon has now lost the support of many voters in the City ahead of the election.

In theory what is stopping her "locking" us down until the powers run out? More cases at one place of work in another area of Scotland than the whole of Grampian for the love of Pete. Apparently she's just said that the restrictions in Aberdeen will be as "proportionate as possible." Jesus wept. 

• Upvote 3

As an SNP supporter I usually support Nicola Sturgeon in most things.

Does not really effect my lifestyle, but this Aberdeen lockdown is one that needs to be stopped.

It seem to be that Aberdeen is being used as a test case for the rest of Scotland.

Enough is enough.

• Upvote 6
6 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

We've sleptwalked(not sure that's a word) into a dictatorship. Scared into our houses by an invisible bogeyman, forced apart from our families, forced to worship our new god(the NHS) Suckling from the nanny state's teat for our furlough and our grants. Wait til payback time. 

Just ignore it and get back to work min.

Easy enough. Get one of those lanyard things saying you won't wear a mask and crack on.

Then continue fudging your tax return and you'll be ok min.

32 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

That's true,  but it still has the biggest tory vote in the country. 

Don't have the stats in front of me so not going to argue on that point. The vast majority of our elected representatives in the city are SNP however. I'd imagine Mark McDonald still sides with the SNP in Holyrood despite being an independent and the SNP might have assumed his seat was a safe one for them once he steps down later this year. In the council the SNP were stitched up by the Tories and Labour, despite being the largest party. I acknowledge the city voted "no" in indyref but doesn't necessarily make it a Tory city.

For some to suggest that Aberdeen is "Tory" is a vast overstatement. Maybe it's just frustration speaking but I think I'm going to change my vote this year. Aberdonians are genuinely feeling oppressed now.