Coronavirus

Henry

32 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

That's true,  but it still has the biggest tory vote in the country. 

Don't have the stats in front of me so not going to argue on that point. The vast majority of our elected representatives in the city are SNP however. I'd imagine Mark McDonald still sides with the SNP in Holyrood despite being an independent and the SNP might have assumed his seat was a safe one for them once he steps down later this year. In the council the SNP were stitched up by the Tories and Labour, despite being the largest party. I acknowledge the city voted "no" in indyref but doesn't necessarily make it a Tory city.

For some to suggest that Aberdeen is "Tory" is a vast overstatement. Maybe it's just frustration speaking but I think I'm going to change my vote this year. Aberdonians are genuinely feeling oppressed now.

3 minutes ago, Howard Marks said:

Don't have the stats in front of me so not going to argue on that point. The vast majority of our elected representatives in the city are SNP however. I'd imagine Mark McDonald still sides with the SNP in Holyrood despite being an independent and the SNP might have assumed his seat was a safe one for them once he steps down later this year. In the council the SNP were stitched up by the Tories and Labour, despite being the largest party. I acknowledge the city voted "no" in indyref but doesn't necessarily make it a Tory city.

For some to suggest that Aberdeen is "Tory" is a vast overstatement. Maybe it's just frustration speaking but I think I'm going to change my vote this year. Aberdonians are genuinely feeling oppressed now.

Fair enough,  'tory voting city'  is maybe overstating it.  'Least SNP voting city'? 

7 minutes ago, Zeus said:

There's a miscalc somewhere. Says 7 in Grampian but regional breakdown is

City - 2

Shire - 2

Moray - 0 

Absolutely no reason for us to be shutdown 

when they report the stats it is cases 'in the last 24 hours' but they have to take a cut off at some point. I've noticed that the stats seem to get updated mid afternoon 2pm-ish, so when Sturgeon is speaking at 12:15 she may be using the stats from the previous day.

Will be a bitter pill to swallow if she keeps our pubs shut tomorrow if we only have 2 new cases especially when 2 other regions have 10 (and rising). Granted Glasgow is a more populous region than Aberdeen city but not 5 times the population. Perth and Kinross is the other region with 10 new cases and it's like a 3rd of the population of Aberdeen.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, tutankamun said:

when they report the stats it is cases 'in the last 24 hours' but they have to take a cut off at some point. I've noticed that the stats seem to get updated mid afternoon 2pm-ish, so when Sturgeon is speaking at 12:15 she may be using the stats from the previous day.

Will be a bitter pill to swallow if she keeps our pubs shut tomorrow if we only have 2 new cases especially when 2 other regions have 10 (and rising). Granted Glasgow is a more populous region than Aberdeen city but not 5 times the population. Perth and Kinross is the other region with 10 new cases and it's like a 3rd of the population of Aberdeen.

Ah got you.

She's going to extend, no doubt about it 

14 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Does taking a toaster in the bath give you covid? 

The powers that be will probably record it as Covid on the death certificate.

7 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Stop pretending to be so stupid you ape 

He obviously hasn't been paying attention when Sturgeon has used the terms "no longer than necessary" and "proportionate" on several occasions.

Guest the shepherd

If Nicola Sturgeon was to have a biography written about her, it would never make it to publication, never mind be available to put on a bonfire on Guy Fawkes night. It would be continually "under review". 

1 hour ago, Sooper-hanz said:

The numbers are low because of the lockdown ffs

wr want out guns back.  there hasn’t been a shooting since they were taken from us . ??

None of those number are accurate or relevant. The only number that counts(but still isn't accurate) is deaths and there hasn't been one for fucking ages. No reason to deny people their human rights any longer. 

2 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

Does taking a toaster in the bath give you covid? 

A fantastic question. Love to see the scientific research to see if it does!

What the fuck were you doing today at work. Well I launched a toaster into someone’s bath is to see if they Covid.

Anthing else? Nae really, wank in the bogs and fired  abuse at celebrities on twitter.

4 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

We've sleptwalked(not sure that's a word) into a dictatorship. Scared into our houses by an invisible bogeyman, forced apart from our families, forced to worship our new god(the NHS) Suckling from the nanny state's teat for our furlough and our grants. Wait til payback time. 

1984 without the communist bastards having to fire a shot

3 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

What do we reckon tomorrow? 

Another week of the same? 

Partial easing of the lockdown? 

Can't see it being a full reversal just yet. 

If she keeps us locked down without imposing similar on Tayside and Glasgow then that proves she is at it

1 hour ago, maryhilldon said:

? What pandemic?  That was ages ago. 

Ahhh the plague in the Middle Ages.

I had a Honduran air hostesses coming over to work for nae pay in return for a bed  doing volunteering. Now folk aren’t allowed to come fae Holland my scheme of exploitation and perving is thwarted.

Fucking Tory cunt the lot of them.

2 hours ago, NEM said:

If she keeps us locked down without imposing similar on Tayside and Glasgow then that proves she is at it

It will also be an admission that the Scottish test and trace system is not fit for purpose.

We can’t be shutting down cities for a month every time there is a cluster outbreak.

• Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, tutankamun said:

It will also be an admission that the Scottish test and trace system is not fit for purpose.

We can’t be shutting down cities for a month every time there is a cluster outbreak.

It'd be interesting to know the numbers of contacts they were given by those who'd tested positive. 5,512 contacts traced last week according to the data I was looking at, anyone know what %age that is?