Coronavirus

Henry

20 minutes ago, Ohjimmyjimmy said:

Hoping for an extension to the Aberdeen lockdown to be announced today.

What a state some of you are getting into over this - embarrassed for you.

Indeed. If they hadn't all flooded to the pubs and started licking the urinals, none of this would've happened. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
20 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Could've happened anywhere re a lockdown.  

Will assume wanting a lockdown extended is a fishing attempt.  

Folk showing there self rightouesness in all of this is pretty amazing. 

Obviously a fishing attempt from me. 

Should definitely serve as a lesson to folk across Scotland on how to behave in pubs though. 

Not a fishing attempt at all - I think it is for the greater good, at least until the industry can figure out how to make it work properly.

Re-opening of pubs and associated lack of social distancing was clearly a step too far - Aberdeen is now suffering the consequences of that. I don’t doubt that the FM will do the same again, so I’d rather not have some pubs and foolish muppets effectively being able to put entire regions of the country into lockdown because they can’t be trusted.

Pubs and other leisure services are hardly essential - so if that is the sacrifice that has to be made then so be it.

• Downvote 3

The pubs aren't a major thing for me to be honest. I've 2 kids under 5 so it's not something I get to regularly do.  I went once when they were open and everything was spot on (contact details, only getting in with a table etc) so shite for them to potentially be locked down again.

However 99% of folk do stick to the "rules" not just in Aberdeen but everywhere I'd guess.   It's unfortunate it's happened here and spread. It's also not sustainable to continually lockdown somewhere when there is a spike. Virus might always be here?  

The 5 mile thing, come on now that should be binned. Making folk feart to travel to the shire and similarly a bunch of folk in the shire window twitching at people the dont recognize... That's not healthy for anyone. 

There were similar numbers in the shire and city yesterday.... 

Some of you lot are so docile and compliant it's worrying. It's not pubs or their customers that 'put entire regions of the country into lockdown' it's power mad politicians using fear mongering tactics that did it. 

No one seems to be asking about a route out of this, no one has died for a month, will we still be locking down cities even if no one has died for 6 months? A year? How many jobs, evictions, mental health problems are worth keeping covid numbers down? 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1