Coronavirus

Henry

22 minutes ago, Quagmire said:

Unworkable nonsense according to you Parky boy.

The most extreme thing they could have done was shut the country down so coming up with a strategy to protect the most vulnerable isn’t as unrealistic as you keep saying. 

There’s many people at the moment carrying out  quarantines and rotas that are keeping them away from their families for long periods so again it’s not that unimaginable to think they could put something similar in place to protect those who need to be protected.

I’m not going to argue every point above, I’m sure people far more intelligent than me, MB, and maybe even you, are capable of mapping out a plan to put something in place that’s more efficient than your back of a fag packet attempt, before you write it off.

Japan is a country we should maybe look to for how to handle it. They've got a very old population & had less warning of the virus, yet have a very low death count. They also had no enforced closing of businesses. Although people were told to work from home where they could. Not sure how they achieved it so far tbh. Maybe fatman could stop whinging for 5 minutes and go find out. I doubt he'll bother his arse though. 

Anyway, decent read here in the UK's response to the pandemic: 

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2020/08/why-britain-failed-coronavirus-pandemic/615166/

10 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I wrote something on how maybe Manboob's strategy might work the other day. He didn't even reply to it. 

Japan is a country we should maybe look to for how to handle it. They've got a very old population & had less warning of the virus, yet have a very low death count. They also had no enforced closing of businesses. Although people were told to work from home where they could. Not sure how they achieved it so far tbh. Maybe fatman could stop whinging for 5 minutes and go find out. I doubt he'll bother his arse though. 

Anyway, decent read here in the UK's response to the pandemic: 

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2020/08/why-britain-failed-coronavirus-pandemic/615166/

Left wing anti Trump rag, fails to mention Scotland is just behind England in deaths per head of population in the World charts, despite us not being a global hub or having large population bases. 

8 minutes ago, Bad_Mobby said:

Because the Japseye’s aren’t bloody idiots 

We shipped our ill pensioners to care homes to free beds from hospitals for god knows who, that was the SNP plan. It was so fucked up, failed business people making a living out of shortbread and braveheart quotes, playing at being politicians, scary situation. 

• Upvote 2
9 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

I laugh at this protecting the vulnerable rubbish, my wife has worked on the so called Covid front line as a nurse since the start, my Mother in law at 68 has also worked on the so called front line as a nurse, neither of them have been tested or in fact know anybody they work with at ARI who has except the few who have had symptoms. The PPE supplied to them early on was an utter joke made in China by TIGER, it was so bad they were all taking video's and laughing about it, they were only bailed out by the generosity of local companies donating PPE. Both my wife and Mother in Law believe they have had it and as yet have had no offer of an Antibody test, the most vulnerable people throughout this whole affair are the NHS workers who have been treated abysmally by the powers that be

Pics?

I laugh at this protecting the vulnerable rubbish, my wife has worked on the so called Covid front line as a nurse since the start, my Mother in law at 68 has also worked on the so called front line as a nurse, neither of them have been tested or in fact know anybody they work with at ARI who has except the few who have had symptoms. The PPE supplied to them early on was an utter joke made in China by TIGER, it was so bad they were all taking video's and laughing about it, they were only bailed out by the generosity of local companies donating PPE. Both my wife and Mother in Law believe they have had it and as yet have had no offer of an Antibody test, the most vulnerable people throughout this whole affair are the NHS workers who have been treated abysmally by the powers that be

3 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

Tell your wife it was no bother, happy to help.

12 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

We got a load of testing kits in at work, made by some lab in Wuhan, they've made a fortune out of it, bat eating cunts........or more likely made in a lab there for Illuminati purposes, suspect helmet heed is up to her chin strap. 

28 minutes ago, daytripping said:

We shipped our ill pensioners to care homes to free beds from hospitals for god knows who, that was the SNP plan. It was so fucked up, failed business people making a living out of shortbread and braveheart quotes, playing at being politicians, scary situation. 

A very ill-conceived strategy. By far the worst move made by the Scottish government. 

Given it was also the Tory plan down south, I await your condemnation of them

Unless you're just using dead folk as a political chip to have a pop...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2
1 minute ago, Parklife said:

A very ill-conceived strategy. By far the worst move made by the Scottish government. 

I will condemn them both, shocking strategy that had no thought put into it, pure panic from 2 poor Governments. How Freeman has survived this is unbelievable. I know a lot of staff in ARI were concerned about this but were overruled, send them all to Woodend and back to Care homes and get it done quick was the directive

10 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

I will condemn them both, shocking strategy that had no thought put into it, pure panic from 2 poor Governments. How Freeman has survived this is unbelievable. I know a lot of staff in ARI were concerned about this but were overruled, send them all to Woodend and back to Care homes and get it done quick was the directive

I wasnt surprised he survived. You clearly havent seen shawshank redemption. 

17 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I don't support any party, it's all bollocks just now. None of them suit me.

Guest the shepherd
4 hours ago, Parklife said:

Seems like you've not been reading much about the virus. 

No  I don't read a lot nowadays I'm afraid, not compared with before. That's what happens when you have two fucked retinas, goes with the territory. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

I can tell you from personal experience that putting patients into inappropriate care settings just to free up beds has been Scottish NHS policy for years. This isn't a covid thing. It's been swept under the carpet and this nonsense has shone a light on it. 

People have died as a result of this before but because it wasn't a covid death no one gave a shit. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
15 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

I can tell you from personal experience that putting patients into inappropriate care settings just to free up beds has been Scottish NHS policy for years. This isn't a covid thing. It's been swept under the carpet and this nonsense has shone a light on it. 

People have died as a result of this before but because it wasn't a covid death no one gave a shit. 

Church. My experience too.

6 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

The vast majority of Aberdonians are happy with the extended lockdown .

They see the bigger picture and the long term benefit.  

Don't think it is the lockdown that is the problem.

Not everybody goes out drinking.

It is the way Aberdeen is being used as a warning to other cities and towns in Scotland.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2