Coronavirus

Henry

3 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Folk like you are the reason the nazis rose to power. 

In hindsight the nazis winning might have been nae so bad, amazing work ethic and the stuff they make is top notch. Great beer makers as well. They'd need to cut out the bad stuff, can't be having concentration camps and killing people you don't like, think if they dropped that side it could have worked.

• Downvote 1
7 minutes ago, tutankamun said:

So this guy became an alky during lockdown ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53807908

The article says he’s been sober for 70 days which means that even if he became an alky on the day we locked down it means he was an alky for a whole 83 days. FFS.?

His daughter moved out to protect him, lol 

He's in his 40,s, Load of holes in the story, why would it make the news.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, daytripping said:

His daughter moved out to protect him, lol 

He's in his 40,s, Load of holes in the story, why would it make the news.

I don’t doubt that alcohol intake at home has increased especially since the pubs have been fucking shut.

So the Beeb find an extreme to justify a negative story about everyone on furlough pissing it up every night. I imagine most folk have been having a ball.

8 hours ago, tutankamun said:

So this guy became an alky during lockdown ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53807908

The article says he’s been sober for 70 days which means that even if he became an alky on the day we locked down it means he was an alky for a whole 83 days. FFS.?

“ I've always been a social drinker - I was never within the limits, the recommended limits, and so yeah, I used to enjoy a drink, sometimes a little bit more than I should“

accidental Brent

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Henry said:

“ I've always been a social drinker - I was never within the limits, the recommended limits, and so yeah, I used to enjoy a drink, sometimes a little bit more than I should“

accidental Brent

And the solution in the article is to put up beer prices. It might Help  some social drinker cut down I suppose but if you are a raging alchie it’s nae making any fucking difference if cans are up by 10p.

"So that's about increasing taxation, introducing, for example, a minimum unit price, but it's also addressing advertising, marketing and things like labelling so consumers have a real choice, and understand what alcohol includes.

Legislation

Physical distancing duties are set out in regulation 4(1) of the Health Protection (Coronavirus) (Restrictions) (Scotland) Regulations 2020. A person who is responsible for carrying on a business or providing a service must take all reasonable measures:

• to ensure that a distance of at least 2 metres is maintained (or 1 metre in hospitality settings) between any persons on the premises (except between two members of the same household, or a carer and the person assisted by the carer)

Completely unworkable and absolute nonsense, but thats the guidance.

They have definitely been told no more than 3 households at a table