Coronavirus

Henry

5 minutes ago, Giblets said:

My solution is crack on with life.  Just been to the cinema with the kids, it was good because there was hardly anyone there 'cos everyone is too feart to go out.  Cineworld aren't feart at the prices for a couple coffees and some popcorn though.

The threat/danger is minimal now in my opinion after doing some scientific research, more harm being done than prevented

That's pretty much what we're doing. The fact you've just went to the cinema is surely an indication of that? 

What did you see? Tenet looks good but given you were with the kids, I'm guessing it wasn't that. 

• Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

The government has put the fear of God into some people Bluts. Scurrying around in their daft wee masks sanitising their hands every 5 minutes. 

One thing covids has proven is the general public are gullible  fuckin idiots. 

However all governments are benign and will never take advantage of this.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The government paid social media influencers to promote the NHS Test and Trace service, it has confirmed.

Instagram influencers, including Love Island stars, were paid an undisclosed amount to make posts during lockdown.

The social media posts were part of a wider campaign to inform the public about the programme.

"Our use of social media influencers has meant over 7 million people have been reached," said a spokesman for the government.

"As a responsible government, we will use every means possible to keep the public informed during the pandemic and raise awareness of NHS Test and Trace.

"This is just one part of a wider campaign utilising TV, radio, social, print and other advertisements to ensure the public has the information it needs."

Wonderful use of tax.

9 minutes ago, G-rocket said:

Have you all been helping out by eating out? If not, why not? Today is your last opportunity. 

I was planning on it before the Aberdeen lockdown, I see a few places are continuing it for September, including one of my local pub/restaurants so will try to take advantage.

Loads of places in FK doing continuing deals. With reduced capacities in force, it can be difficult to get a booking in the good places.

I was very sceptical of the policy but it definitely seems to have got folk out and supported hospitality at a time it really needed it. I underestimated how much folk love to save £10 ?

39 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Loads of places in FK doing continuing deals. With reduced capacities in force, it can be difficult to get a booking in the good places.

I was very sceptical of the policy but it definitely seems to have got folk out and supported hospitality at a time it really needed it. I underestimated how much folk love to save £10 ?

Only real issue with it is places are dead thursday through to sunday but I do think overall it was a good scheme.

50 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Its not just £10 though - a family of 4 save £40 off their meal. 

We went to the Cock and Bull the first day of the offer then we went into lockdown. Going there again today so will have utilised it twice in the month. Probably would have used it more if we weren't locked down. 

1 hour ago, rocket_scientist said:

Where is the humour in saving a tenner? Are you implying that you're so rich?

Where is FK? Surely not Fife and Kinross?  Nobody would choose to live there, surely?

1 hour ago, dazzy_deff said:

Its not just £10 though - a family of 4 save £40 off their meal. 

We went to the Cock and Bull the first day of the offer then we went into lockdown. Going there again today so will have utilised it twice in the month. Probably would have used it more if we weren't locked down. 

Chill ladzz, I wasn't having a pop at anyone. 

• Downvote 4
24 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Thank you mb. Particularly you as I thought you hated me. Dunno how long it will last though. Once they all gang up on me I'll be boo hoo hoo and feel suicidal or I snap back with great vengeance and furious anger... I can't remember what I do in those situations. Or I might rise above it, like Jesus and turn the other cheek. I have at least learned not to tell the owners/head honchos that they're a bunch of fuds. I'm still working through my issues with authority.

We had plenty disagreements RS but I enjoyed our disagreements and reading very different views. 

• Downvote 3
44 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Thank you mb. Particularly you as I thought you hated me. Dunno how long it will last though. Once they all gang up on me I'll be boo hoo hoo and feel suicidal or I snap back with great vengeance and furious anger... I can't remember what I do in those situations. Or I might rise above it, like Jesus and turn the other cheek. I have at least learned not to tell the owners/head honchos that they're a bunch of fuds. I'm still working through my issues with authority.

Not at all I don't hate anyone tbh especially on here. It's all just pointless havers really innit. 

19 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Yes we did but you got personal. I reckon it's best just to stick to the words being posted.

For example, nobody said you were having a pop at anyone. I just asked where the humour was for the saving of a tenner? You think that's funny, punk? Share da joke and spread the mirth.

Are you joking? 

A bizarre way to respond to a welcome back post. 

• Downvote 5
18 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I was simply asking a question.

You were having a pop. For pretty much no reason. As you know. 

It appears that you still like to hold personal grudges: -

I think Stude is capable of sticking up for himself. I get more personal abuse than anyone on here (including plenty from him) so I'll take no lectures on it, unless you're giving them out to every cunt who gives me abuse too. 

You are under no obligation to respond of course but I'll ask for the third time: -

I believed it'd make no difference to people going for dinner when it was announced. I believed if you were going to go for dinner, saving £10 would make no difference. You can either afford to go or you can't. 

I was wrong. I underestimated how much people love saving money. I posted a laughing emoji at that. Is that okay? 

You don't have to micro analyse it. 

"Are you implying that you're so rich" 

FFS man. That's pretty much everything I'm against. Get a grip. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2