Coronavirus

Henry

England were back in boozers way before us, they didn't hide and hoped it had gone away, countries like Sweden that didn't hide at all have had the fastest recovery rates, here we're still doing local lockdowns even though the science is saying that's not how to control it. It needs to get out in the community, young people need to catch it. Deaths are very rare from it now, cancer way eclipses it, Worldwide TB still kills far more, it's a flu that has done damage to old folk with pre existing conditions, now they're dead it's almost harmless.

Echoing what some have said on this thread I find the difference in approach with Aberdeen compared to the rest of the country a confusing and a bit disturbing. I don't want areas to be "locked down" but I would like assurances that each major cluster is going to be treated in a similar manner.

I lolled when I read Sturgeon suggest that with four cases in Grampian today the Aberdeen pub cluster is "under control." Ya think honey? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
32 minutes ago, minijc said:

What science says local lockdowns aren't the way forward?  Swedens recovery is slightly worse than Denmarks, a country that locked down, Sweden also had almost 10x more deaths than Denmark.

Trying to argue facts, logic and science with these cunts is a massive waste of time. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

More evidence of the virus only targeting those already really ill. When the numbers are stripped back questions really must be asked why healthy people hid from it and wrecked the economy in the process, the leadership must face enquiries and prosecution if they have blood on their hands.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/quarter-of-covid-victims-in-england-and-wales-have-dementia-–-study/ar-BB18ztia?ocid=ientp

25 minutes ago, daytripping said:

More evidence of the virus only targeting those already really ill. When the numbers are stripped back questions really must be asked why healthy people hid from it and wrecked the economy in the process, the leadership must face enquiries and prosecution if they have blood on their hands.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/quarter-of-covid-victims-in-england-and-wales-have-dementia-–-study/ar-BB18ztia?ocid=ientp

Because we were told it is deadly and can kill people who are healthy. Data would suggest that it's extremely unlikely to though. The problem nowadays is that because we're in this blame culture and everyone is suing everyone about the smallest thing, even the tiniest of risks to healthy people is being treated as "too risky".  You might hear about a few cases of a young person without any underlying issues getting Covid and dying, and it gets blown across the internet like it's something far deadlier to healthy people. 

We could have shielded the most vulnerable and kept everyone at work and carried on. But the problem is that we can't trust the "healthy" people to not go and spread it to the vulnerable. Plus, it's not really that "fair" to expect someone with Asthma, for example, to lockdown for 5 months while the rest of the world goes out and about, although it is them that's going to suffer if they do...so...at their own risk! 

Yeah agree, the daily scare briefing being a prime example of the scare culture that has been allowed to grow. Boris stopped discussing it in detail every day Months ago and they're getting on better than us. We have to put up with a scattergun approach, lock down Aberdeen in a whim yet keep other places open with no reasoning behind it. She doesn't have a clue.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Millertime said:

The salient point purely, is this... there is an increase in cases but next to no increase in deaths

Allied to that,  the last 5 weeks has seen the lowest total deaths in years 

Why is this?

Simple.

The surge in additional deaths was down to the virus accelerating the death of those who were for the broth pot already

Why, seriously,  do people not get this?

It could be argued the virus did some people a favour, fuck wasting away with dementia, better to get a sharp exit.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
1 hour ago, Millertime said:

The salient point purely, is this... there is an increase in cases but next to no increase in deaths

Why is this?

Simple.

The surge in additional deaths was down to the virus accelerating the death of those who were for the broth pot already

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51979654

This guy was saying that on our national broadcaster at the height of the lockdown.

• Site Sponsor
1 hour ago, Millertime said:

Why is this?

Simple.

?

1 hour ago, daytripping said:

The hospital admissions would suggest otherwise, you're not ignoring facts to suit your agenda I take it? We have almost as many as them despite having a tenth of the population.

Lol, trusting the Tories numbers when they've been going above and beyond to stifle and suppress that information for months as well as looking for little loop holes to try hide the magnitude of their fuck ups.

1 hour ago, daytripping said:

It could be argued the virus did some people a favour, fuck wasting away with dementia, better to get a sharp exit.

Ah yes a sharp exit, which for some was 12-16 weeks in a hospital bed in all sorts of pain, lungs fucking up, legs needing amputated and some other horrendous stuff, hud me back.

• Downvote 1
2 hours ago, daytripping said:

The hospital admissions would suggest otherwise, you're not ignoring facts to suit your agenda I take it? We have almost as many as them despite having a tenth of the population.

Thats the problem in Scotland though, facts don't really matter, most things come down to political agenda and that is where we are failing, a huge lack of facts and consistency 

13 minutes ago, minijc said:

Lol, trusting the Tories numbers when they've been going above and beyond to stifle and suppress that information for months as well as looking for little loop holes to try hide the magnitude of their fuck ups.

Ah yes a sharp exit, which for some was 12-16 weeks in a hospital bed in all sorts of pain, lungs fucking up, legs needing amputated and some other horrendous stuff, hud me back.

It's health board numbers, nothing to do with politics.

12-16 weeks on pain medication opposed to years being spoon fed and arse wiped not knowing the day of the week or those closest to me, I'd take that.