Coronavirus

Henry

Minijc,

Have you tried googling how many men die of prostate cancer every day in the UK? Might just stop you being so scared of this bug and give you a new more deadly disease to focus on.

It's killing 16 times more people than Covid in the UK every day, that's just one type of cancer. Do you now see why the majority of us see it as a shamdemic?

Later on today we'll see one of the reasons why the snp are pushing the fear, be prepared for an all new health system that we'll pay through the nose for, this isn't about a flu.

15 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Go to Prof Sikora's twitter, you'll get all the details there. I'm at work, don't have time to do google for you but will ink you to the main NHS site, data is all there. No need to thank me.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public#returning-travellers

As of yesterday there are 258 people in hospital in Scotland, 764 in hospitals down in England, now you spent the last few weeks telling us all the whole local lockdown was an over reaction and that the cases don't matter because deaths are down and there's barely any hospital admissions, now you're moaning about how shit she's doing, incredible stuff Dayts.

12 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Minijc,

Have you tried googling how many men die of prostate cancer every day in the UK? Might just stop you being so scared of this bug and give you a new more deadly disease to focus on.

It's killing 16 times more people than Covid in the UK every day, that's just one type of cancer. Do you now see why the majority of us see it as a shamdemic?

Later on today we'll see one of the reasons why the snp are pushing the fear, be prepared for an all new health system that we'll pay through the nose for, this isn't about a flu.

HAHAHAHA as opposed to every single health service being sold off to privatisation by the tories?  Last I checked cancer doesn't pass from person to person but corona virus does and it has a huge impact on people with underlying issues, it's hilarious that you think it's good that it helped kill off some people so they didn't have to suffer through the illness they already had but now you're really concerned for those with cancer, so what is it, is it actually killing people before their time or it all one big 'shamdemic' you need to make your mind up.

Also I'm not actually that scared, it's just that I've read up on the virus and the impact it can have on peoples health, my parents are in their 60s, one has issues that combined with the virus could easily be the end of him.  Myself I'm not in the greatest of shapes so I'd rather avoid getting it as I don't want to roll the dice especially when they still don't know what awful lasting effects it can have on the body/mind.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That’s just it, a lot of folk are frozen with fear regards COVID, getting themselves worked up over numbers that keep getting churned out by the MSM that stokes peoples anxieties because there’s never any context to them. So number of cases are going up, but very few are needing treatment now. This seems to be largely down to increased testing including random community testing which is probably picking up more asymptomatic folk who don’t even realise they have it. All this proves is that it was likely more widespread to begin with. Oh but its largely younger people getting it now and can fight it off easier... Maybe, but surely these younger folk would still be passing it on to their elder relatives and we’d be seeing a surge in admissions and deaths? Be nice to see these cases broken down to see where the trends are.

COVID’s now way down the list in terms of deadly illnesses so why are we still persisting with this daily drama when there’s literally dozens more worse diseases and illnesses to be concerned about.

• Upvote 6
3 hours ago, Millertime said:

The salient point purely, is this... there is an increase in cases but next to no increase in deaths

Allied to that,  the last 5 weeks has seen the lowest total deaths in years 

Why is this?

Simple.

The surge in additional deaths was down to the virus accelerating the death of those who were for the broth pot already

Why, seriously,  do people not get this?

Accelerated further by Sturgeon and Boris shoving covid patients into care homes

4 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Rubbish, she's went out of her way to do it her way, that's why we were locked down far longer than England. Every step she did it her way, including putting old people to their deaths.

You've changed your tune, wasn't that long ago you were saying she was copying Boris but just a few weeks later.

4 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

This was the biggest failing. They emptied the hospitals of the elderly, some of whom were seriously ill. They were expecting a Covid rush that might exceed capacity and it never came (I'm talking only Grampian NHS here). They were refusing to take the elderly into hospital from both their own homes and care homes, except for absolute emergencies.

I don't think that we can blame Sturgeon however. She was only following a national strategy, imposed by Westminster following "the science", advice given by SAGE, a committee that included Cummings, the son-in-law of a known eugenicist. The building of the hospital at the SECC was also a Westminster-imposed requirement. I find it tragic that some seek to argue that Blowjob done it better than Nicola. Our devolved government never had true autonomy on the biggest issues, the global pandemic (and defence) being too big for our wee country to handle.

Rubbish, she's went out of her way to do it her way, that's why we were locked down far longer than England. Every step she did it her way, including putting old people to their deaths.

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I fear that your views might be coloured by the fact that you are anti-independence and you voted Conservative?

This normally make zealots and fanatics see everything through a twisted lens.

You being a cult member will mean your views will be slanted, that's why I stick to facts and keep my opinion out of it.

7 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I fear that your views might be coloured by the fact that you are anti-independence and you voted Conservative?

This normally make zealots and fanatics see everything through a twisted lens.

Bang on RS. The fact that Nicola is hated even more now by Scottish Torries and the right wing shows she’s doing something right. 

• Like 1
  • Site Sponsor
8 minutes ago, Zeus said:

She did make a bit of a cunt of the Aberdeen lockdown, think most folk can surely agree with that? (I've never voted tory in my puff, just getting that in there) 

Went on about the number per 1000 or whatever gauge it was and Aberdeens number being high over a 7 day period. 

It's been much higher elsewhere but fuck all happening there. There should be no further lockdowns anywhere. 

Correct

She did make a bit of a cunt of the Aberdeen lockdown, think most folk can surely agree with that? (I've never voted tory in my puff, just getting that in there) 

Went on about the number per 1000 or whatever gauge it was and Aberdeens number being high over a 7 day period. 

It's been much higher elsewhere but fuck all happening there. There should be no further lockdowns anywhere. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
23 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Yep and if she just came out and said we overreacted as to be fair naebody had a fucking clue what was happening most folk would move on.

But it is a fact they went for us as there were no votes to lose.

6 minutes ago, Fridge said:

Yep and if she just came out and said we overreacted as to be fair naebody had a fucking clue what was happening most folk would move on.

But it is a fact they went for us as there were no votes to lose.

She didn't bother her arse to visit the train crash site either, would have been over it like a rash if it was central belt. No votes in it here.