Coronavirus

Henry

Guest the shepherd
1 minute ago, daytripping said:

Everyone loves Boris, won't be that.

Karloff was a good actor, Pasternak was a fantastic writer (and racehorse), Yeltsin a President. I will give you that?.  

17 hours ago, NEM said:

To determine if you have a virus which they say is extremely contagious and spreads via droplets of saliva.  Strange then that they need to ram a swab halfway into your head to test for it

There are saliva tests (large trials were done in Southampton on them with the hope of enabling Weekly full population testing). They're less accurate though. 

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

You're wrong on that score actually 

As I said above, I know that I have improvement to make which surely puts me ahead of the game

I have zero tolerance for idiocy, but my question to myself is why can I not accept that some people are idiots 

Why do I need to react to it, or why do I feel that I need to 

Thats the issue for me to resolve 

Maybe you should look into the Dunning-Kruger Effect test.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

• Upvote 1
Guest the shepherd
21 minutes ago, Parklife said:

The stadium? It's been a Morrison's for about 15 years...

Good. Better use for it now. It was a shitehole before. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Off the pub tonight with a couple of pals to watch the game actually. 

That's where people are going wrong, going to be possible shouting and cheering there and not much distancing.

Was asked down to the boozer in Tottenham in mid-july to watch the game against the scum, sadly had to knock the lads back. 

Not got a problem with folk going for a quiet drink now in a not so busy bar as long as they're not going near old or vulnerable people soon after.

1 hour ago, The Cockney Don said:

That's where people are going wrong, going to be possible shouting and cheering there and not much distancing.

Was asked down to the boozer in Tottenham in mid-july to watch the game against the scum, sadly had to knock the lads back. 

Not got a problem with folk going for a quiet drink now in a not so busy bar as long as they're not going near old or vulnerable people soon after.

Shut up you lunatic 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Scottish government are really fucking things up.  (As are most governments) Outrageous demands being put on people,  life's gonna be unbearably shit for a lot of folk if things carry on as they are.  Here For A Long Time Not A Good Time. ☹️

Looks like they're doing pretty well right now to me (after fucking up badly January -March). Cases well under control and everyone free to go about their business pretty much as normal, with a few relatively minor restrictions. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1