Coronavirus

Henry

47 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Went into town to watch the football last night.

Its fucked, a soulless place now. Certainly wouldn't have thought it a Friday night. It's broken and I can't see how bars can survive this. I tried my best with 7 pints of T and a fish and chips but I clawed some back with a discount code for greene king which I use. 

The no volume on the telly/no music is absolutely killing the atmosphere. Total nonsense. I actually thought somebody was winding me up when they told me. 

1 hour ago, King Street Loon said:

Went into town to watch the football last night.

Its fucked, a soulless place now. Certainly wouldn't have thought it a Friday night. It's broken and I can't see how bars can survive this. I tried my best with 7 pints of T and a fish and chips but I clawed some back with a discount code for greene king which I use. 

Went for a lunchtime pint yesterday. Only person in the bar, nae music, TVs off. Was brutal. 

Just sat with my headphones on watching sky Go on my phone. 

55 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

The no volume on the telly/no music is absolutely killing the atmosphere. Total nonsense. I actually thought somebody was winding me up when they told me. 

29 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Went for a lunchtime pint yesterday. Only person in the bar, nae music, TVs off. Was brutal. 

Just sat with my headphones on watching sky Go on my phone. 

Aye brutal is the right word to describe it.

The whole no music or sound in the tv is ridiculous. What's wrong with a bit of background music? Not as if its thumping out tunes. I'm glad my local has adopted a sensible approach and has the commentary for football on low enough to be heard but not too loud that your shouting. 

26 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Aye brutal is the right word to describe it.

The whole no music or sound in the tv is ridiculous. What's wrong with a bit of background music? Not as if its thumping out tunes. I'm glad my local has adopted a sensible approach and has the commentary for football on low enough to be heard but not too loud that your shouting. 

Better nae let the authorities here that. Think it's not allowed to have it on at any level. As you say though, a small volume does no harm whatsoever. Out of interest did anybody cheer when scotland scored? 

I'll continue to nip in for pints to support the bar but certainly won't encourage me to go into town or down for a big scoof, with zero atmosphere (which is totally not the fault of the bar) 

Guest milne_afc
21 minutes ago, Fridge said:

Because if you have to raise your voice to be heard you’re more likely to be spreading germs than speaking normally.

I’d like to see any scientific evidence to prove this.

Pretty basic science, son. I expect the evidence would be above your comprehension. 

Guest milne_afc
19 minutes ago, Fridge said:

But you can go for a pish and touch door handles etc? There is no fucking chance not having the volume up on tv’s is having Any impact on anyone’s life.

Could be wrong Frigeman, but I don't think the virus is transmitted in pish. 

On 9/4/2020 at 8:43 AM, Sooper-hanz said:

I think RS nailed it when he suggested  that MT is a bit of a dum-dum who thinks he’s cleverer than he is . 

He’s like a big harmless pup that tries to knob your house guests before eating his own shite .

I had that experience the other way around when visiting a mate the other week. His pup went out to the garden, ate it's own shite then came and tried to mount my leg. Trousers had shite smears all down them. 

1 hour ago, milne_afc said:

Could be wrong Frigeman, but I don't think the virus is transmitted in pish. 

It is in jobbies, I believe. 

Seems little problem with background music in pubs tbh. The issue is that many venues will have it blasting and make everyone shout to be heard. 

Wetherspoons always used to have no music (not been in one in years, no idea if that's changed) and they're immensely popular. So, while it's not ideal, I'm failing to see it as a major issue. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Seems little problem with background music in pubs tbh. The issue is that many venues will have it blasting and make everyone shout to be heard. 

Wetherspoons always used to have no music (not been in one in years, no idea if that's changed) and they're immensely popular. So, while it's not ideal, I'm failing to see it as a major issue. 

Oh well then, if you don't see it as a major issue it's obviously not. 

Thanks for that. 

• Downvote 1

Justice Mill is, or at least was a Wetherspoons was it not? Tunes have always been blasting in there!

Archie Simpsons right enough doesn't have tunes. It does however attract the absolute dregs of society due to the cheapness. Your more trendy, upmarket places won't get away with charging £6 a pint with no tunes.

6 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

And yours is wrong. Publicans, restauranteurs and a lot of their customers see it as an issue and they are best placed to say so. 

Global public health experts are better places than you to tell us about the dangers of Covid and they all disagree with you, yet we have to read your incessant whinging on a daily fucking basis. 

Anyway, as I said, I think there'd be little problem allowing background music in pubs. No music isn't why pubs are empty though, it's because loads of people don't want to go. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Just now, Parklife said:

Global public health experts are better places than you to tell us about the dangers of Covid and they all disagree with you, yet we have to read your incessant whinging on a daily fucking basis. 

Anyway, as I said, I think there'd be little problem allowing background music in pubs. No music isn't why pubs are empty though, it's because loads of people don't want to go. 

You don't have to read anything spunkchops 

Not strictly true. Loads of folk I know have went out to either watch football or just go for pints, realised it's crap and are no longer bothering. The reason they give for it being crap...no atmosphere.