Coronavirus

Henry

Was in the boozer on Saturday night, beer garden was ok but inside was dire, England game on but no volume, masks needed when not seated etc. Party after was way better, invited back by some boozy early 20's birds, thought I was in till a squad a minky blokes turned up. Fell on the way home as well, hands skinned to fuck, uneven pavement I think.

5 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Wife just back from toon and first thing she said was - that was depressing. In George Street, Finnies is shut (been there since I can remember) and only two shops open, one being a pound shop.

The government are killing us. We are letting it happen. 

Finnies is always shut on a Monday - wouldn't worry too much about it. Will be open tomorrow as usual. 

14 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Finnies is always shut on a Monday - wouldn't worry too much about it. Will be open tomorrow as usual. 

Finnies are cunts.

I went in to get an engagement ring for the missus a few years ago so they asked my budget (£1500) then proceeded to only show me stuff that was way over my budget (+3k)

Laying the high pressure sales BS on thick, saying stuff to me like “it depends how special you want it to be/do you want it to be special” I want it to be £1500 special you cunt.  Left raging, as quick as i could with no ring. 

59 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Finnies are cunts.

I went in to get an engagement ring for the missus a few years ago so they asked my budget (£1500) then proceeded to only show me stuff that was way over my budget (+3k)

Laying the high pressure sales BS on thick, saying stuff to me like “it depends how special you want it to be/do you want it to be special” I want it to be £1500 special you cunt.  Left raging, as quick as i could with no ring. 

??” Sir, do you really want your wife to silently resent your tight-fistedness and seek revenge by fucking black men ?”

• Upvote 1

Went to a generic out of town shopping park last weekend, and needed to use the toilet.

There was a huge queue for two disabled toilets cos the ladies and gents were closed for social distancing.

My guess is they closed them as there’s only one door to get in and out of them, so “social distancing” would be hard to do.

No fucking difference from being in a massive queue waiting to inhale the breath of some sweaty fat cunt forcing a shite out 2 mins before you go in.

As for face masks, absolute joke.

10 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/nicola-sturgeon-urged-shut-pubs-22642362

They are desperate to use this to ruin the pub trade

Aye. There is a bigger agenda at work here. One to change our traditional habit (or what is left of it) of drinking and having a laugh down the pub. Eat your veg, take your vitamins and shut the fuck up. What tiny amount of community we have left will be gone in a decade. Everyone working from home, shopping online, high streets dead and when folk do actually go to the couple of pubs left they'll spend the whole time on their fucking phone. 

Embarrassment of a fucking country at times. 

• Upvote 3

Some good evidence coming out about anti-bodies being longer lasting than they first suspected. According to a study carried out in Iceland of roughly 30k people including positive test cases, 90% of recovered people had antibodies against the virus. Antibody levels rise during the first 2 months after diagnosis, plateaued and remained at the same level for the duration of the study (a further 2 months) 

8 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Some good evidence coming out about anti-bodies being longer lasting than they first suspected. According to a study carried out in Iceland of roughly 30k people including positive test cases, 90% of recovered people had antibodies against the virus. Antibody levels rise during the first 2 months after diagnosis, plateaued and remained at the same level for the duration of the study (a further 2 months) 

I hope this info wasn't taken from our favourite government shill... 

More and more of the opinion that this whole virus shit show is an exercise in futility. Sticking a plaster over a gaping wound wont work. As we’ve opened up more, the cases have increased. The severity (so far) has not. It’s inevitable. No amount of mask wearing, social distancing, local lockdowns or sanitising will eradicate it because let’s face it, folk just can’t or won’t adhere to the rules. We’re social by nature.  I’ve had a cold for the last week, another less severe type of coronavirus. They’re not terribly enjoyable, more inconvenient but the point is, despite sticking to all the measures, I have it. It broke my defences somehow. If we want to return to normality, we’ll have to accept it is a risk in much the same way as the common cold or flu are regularly circulating virus, which for the overwhelming majority of us will pass through with little drama. A vaccine will supress its potency towards the vulnerable but probably wont make them immune. It wont be some miraculous cure when it does arrive and it’ll still be responsible for thousands of deaths in much the same way seasonal flu is. Bottom line is we best get used to it being around.

• Upvote 7