Coronavirus

Henry

That’s not what happened RS we had the backing and funding from loads of folk. I’m not going to name names.

And Barney Crocket (I will name his name decided to be a cock about it)

I’ll never forgive him for playing politics when we were getting investment in the city centre and I didn’t care about any of the designs but at least it would have been better than it is now.

Party politics had absolutely nothing to do with ACC turning down Sir Ian Wood. Its taken 30/40 years for the locals to concede to a solution to the haudagin and the awpr getting built. Most locals hate change. The ‘Aberdeen International Airport’ couldnt stay open past 10pm until recently because the locals didni wint planes inat keeping them up at night. 

The ultra-conservative, selfish, scared of change, small minded locals kill any development/evolution here. Fuckall to do with party politics. 

Thats why after 40 years of being the so-called oil capital of europe, as a city, we have absolutely nothing to show for it other than loads of flash motors, private plates and a mental house price. 

The beach area should be the jewel in our crown. A focal point for bars/restaurants/tourism. Its a fucking shambles. Thats not a party political issue. Union Square, the locals are loving that, its got a superdry and nandos, and plenty parking for the range rover and the kids’ minis/audis. Nice bars/restaurants down the beach, fuckat, minky doon there, ats miles awa.

Its a cultural thing. Aberdeens a desert. 

• Downvote 1

“Later this week the Scottish government will roll out a coronavirus contact tracing app, which will help track down people who have been in close proximity to those who test positive.

Ms Sturgeon said everyone would be encouraged to download the Protect Scotland app, stressing that it does not track people's location and that "your data is not passed on and remains private and confidential".

She said downloading the app was "a small but really important individual step we can take for our collective wellbeing".”

Very reassuring, I can’t wait to download this app. The answer to all our prayers surely?

1 hour ago, Simply Red said:

Party politics had absolutely nothing to do with ACC turning down Sir Ian Wood. Its taken 30/40 years for the locals to concede to a solution to the haudagin and the awpr getting built. Most locals hate change. The ‘Aberdeen International Airport’ couldnt stay open past 10pm until recently because the locals didni wint planes inat keeping them up at night. 

The ultra-conservative, selfish, scared of change, small minded locals kill any development/evolution here. Fuckall to do with party politics. 

Thats why after 40 years of being the so-called oil capital of europe, as a city, we have absolutely nothing to show for it other than loads of flash motors, private plates and a mental house price. 

The beach area should be the jewel in our crown. A focal point for bars/restaurants/tourism. Its a fucking shambles. Thats not a party political issue. Union Square, the locals are loving that, its got a superdry and nandos, and plenty parking for the range rover and the kids’ minis/audis. Nice bars/restaurants down the beach, fuckat, minky doon there, ats miles awa.

Sounds grim up north.  Always freezing as well.  No wonder you're all miserable. 

7 hours ago, daytripping said:

I bet Aberdeen is the only City in the World to ignore a democratic referendum from its own people to accept a £50 Million investment to revitalise the City Centre, Dundee must look at us and chuckle. Oil dying on its arse, chance of investment and change........we like UTG, don't change it, millionaire trying to rip us off et al. UTG  meanwhile had a couple of junkies, with a pit bull, odd rape at night, shit hole.

Ian Woods concrete monstrosity was an eyesore, about the only decent thing our council have done is decades is tell him to poke it

7 hours ago, daytripping said:

The will of the people should never have been ignored, it was the left who ruined it, couldn't face taking the guys money. Last nail in the coffin.

The most popular design wasn't chosen though so Wood and co were also ignoring the will of the people.

12 hours ago, Simply Red said:

I reckon most locals as you put it are up for the change - the silent majority. Locals are largely for improvements to their area where it doesn’t directly affect them - AWPR, UTG, union street redevelopment - the majority of local people want these.

The problem is typically not locals, but the self-declared ‘locals’ or white-settler types. You know the sort, usually English and just have to be leading the committee of whatever organisation they have decided to be part of to get their voice heard.

The anti-development voice in the NE I’d wager isn’t as high as those groups lead us to believe - but their voice is largely over represented when the decisions are made. 

1 minute ago, Ohjimmyjimmy said:

I reckon most locals as you put it are up for the change - the silent majority. Locals are largely for improvements to their area where it doesn’t directly affect them - AWPR, UTG, union street redevelopment - the majority of local people want these.

The problem is typically not locals, but the self-declared ‘locals’ or white-settler types. You know the sort, usually English and just have to be leading the committee of whatever organisation they have decided to be part of to get their voice heard.

The anti-development voice in the NE I’d wager isn’t as high as those groups lead us to believe - but their voice is largely over represented when the decisions are made. 

That cunt from England who held up the bypass for years should have been burnt at the stake in the Castlegate

• Upvote 6