Coronavirus

Henry

42 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Nippy away to lower the amount of people you can meet from other households, 2 households max. Looks like localised changes will now be a thing of the past, different day, different idea.

No surprise she'd rather roll out a blanket lockdown than hit Glasgow with one

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, NEM said:

No surprise she'd rather roll out a blanket lockdown than hit Glasgow with one

Yep, makes zero sense.

She flapped just there when the reporter asked her why we're not just having the same rules as England, could hear her lip wibbling. She'll go out of her way tomorrow to be stricter here than England. It's a sham waiting till tomorrow to announce anyway, the licensed trade have already been told of the changes coming in.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
48 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

We all remember his "performance" on Wogan but that was what, 35+ years ago? He made himself look ridiculous, not least from his choice of shell suits in shades of turquoise. But even a mad cunt isn't going to be necessarily wrong on everything. I can't warm to the man but there is absolutely no doubt that he foresaw certain parts of our future long before each and every one of us.

The fact that he's had Brian Rose and London Real also prevented from social media and subject to censorship is a good indicator to me that freedom of speech is a historic concept and that what he's got to say, certain powerful lobbies don't want us to hear.

Those who seek to dismiss him as a possible source of information are those who scream "conspiracy theorist", for reasons known. The label is intended to discredit and to shut down discussion.

If he is the nutter many believe, let him spout shite and make a fool of himself.

Banning him and his cronies gives credence to what they say, not least of all when some (certainly not all) of what he says comes true.

• Downvote 1

I didn’t see any evidence of Nicola flapping at all. She can handle the daft questions that the journos come up with quite comfortably.

She made an excellent point about the media creation of ‘confusion’ with different approaches being taken between the devolved parts of the UK.

It’s this simple, Q:What part of the UK are you in? A: Scotland.

Great, then the rules that apply in Scotland apply to you.

No confusion as peddled  by the media. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2
21 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Yep, makes zero sense.

She flapped just there when the reporter asked her why we're not just having the same rules as England, could hear her lip wibbling.

Haha fucking hell. What utter nonsense. Even you can't actually believe what you type. She was clear and concise, as she usually is. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 3
6 minutes ago, Ohjimmyjimmy said:

I didn’t see any evidence of Nicola flapping at all. She can handle the daft questions that the journos come up with quite comfortably.

She made an excellent point about the media creation of ‘confusion’ with different approaches being taken between the devolved parts of the UK.

The questions are quite poor in general but times/telegraph always seem to get on her nerves I've noticed.

19 minutes ago, Ohjimmyjimmy said:

We share a large land border with them and we're a small nation, the journalist mentioned that, we should have the same general rules, this shouldn't be devolved, the government should be in charge. She's making it political, dangerous game to play.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2
25 minutes ago, Ohjimmyjimmy said:

Pre submitted and screened are they not?

• Downvote 1
25 minutes ago, RUL said:

The questions are quite poor in general but times/telegraph always seem to get on her nerves I've noticed.

If she gets rattled with those questions just wait till she has to face the questions posed when the truth is outed at the Salmond enquiry. They're still playing hide the paperwork.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

It's not the illogical nature of some of these things that bugs me, it's the fact we are letting them impose them on us with no questions asked. No debates, no votes, it's crazy. 

We don't let the police enter someone's house without a warrant if they think they are a murderer or sex offender but we have decided its OK for them to do it if they think someone is having a few mates round for a drink. 

We've fucked up massively here. 

• Upvote 7
18 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

It's not the illogical nature of some of these things that bugs me, it's the fact we are letting them impose them on us with no questions asked. No debates, no votes, it's crazy. 

We don't let the police enter someone's house without a warrant if they think they are a murderer or sex offender but we have decided its OK for them to do it if they think someone is having a few mates round for a drink. 

We've fucked up massively here. 

Aye lets allow the average mouthbreather vote on a science based issue, these are people that voted for something because of a catchy slogan and a blue passport.

• Downvote 3
26 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

The Coronavirus Act was voted in parliament back in March, the Scottish bill was passed in April (80 for, 0 against).

6 minutes ago, tutankamun said:

The Coronavirus Act was voted in parliament back in March, the Scottish bill was passed in April (80 for, 0 against).

When people vote blindly because all they care about is independence it means we don't have a balance in the assembly, a strong opposition is important in any democracy or you end up with a dictatorship, sadly that's where we're at right now. Laws on freedom and peoples rights should always be debated, not handed out in a propaganda speech.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2
12 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

You missed his whole point. Doesn't make you a bad person, just someone who focused on one word, applied it in your own mind completely out of context and by doing so, missed the whole point. 

Yeah I two footed that one and made a cunt of it, never mind.

2 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I think the bigger issue that he's referring to, the same argument that Peter Hitchens has been consistent in for six months now, is that the measures being implemented are disproportionate to the threat.

Yes there is covering legislation regarding emergency police powers but we the people are accepting wholesale crashing of our economies, wealth reduction, sporadic lockdowns, wearing masks etc. etc. and the forerunner for what may or not become the biggest stripping of basic human rights ever. 

Top posting Rocket, I'm impressed.

5 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I think the bigger issue that he's referring to, the same argument that Peter Hitchens has been consistent in for six months now, is that the measures being implemented are disproportionate to the threat.

Yes there is covering legislation regarding emergency police powers but we the people are accepting wholesale crashing of our economies, wealth reduction, sporadic lockdowns, wearing masks etc. etc. and the forerunner for what may or not become the biggest stripping of basic human rights ever. 

Well said. 

9 minutes ago, daytripping said:

When people vote blindly because all they care about is independence it means we don't have a balance in the assembly, a strong opposition is important in any democracy or you end up with a dictatorship, sadly that's where we're at right now. Laws on freedom and peoples rights should always be debated, not handed out in a propaganda speech.

Yeah, a lot of this has become political with folk.  Making it a binary issue. 

Blindly backing Sturgeon on all decisions because of political leanings rather than challenging the logic of specific actions. 

And accusing people who disagree with anything she does as being Tory. 

And the reverse at the other end of the spectrum. 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Blindly backing Sturgeon on all decisions because of political leanings rather than challenging the logic of specific actions. 

The last point you make is an absolute classic from many posters on here 

10 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

And the reverse at the other end of the spectrum. 

I've not seen anyone on here blindly backing all decisions tbh. I've seen plenty blindly criticising them though. Political partisans are generally best ignored. 

Agree with the rest though. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2
2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I've not seen anyone on here blindly backing all decisions tbh. I've seen plenty blindly criticising them though. Political partisans are generally best ignored. 

Agree with the rest though. 

I wasnt specifically pointing the finger at anyone on here. It was more an observation on general conversations outwith the bubble that is the hat. 

1 hour ago, rocket_scientist said:

Edit: not to mention the destroying of social interaction, the turning of our pubs into a sterile experiences and everything else that we need to function as healthy societies. So many old folk have been sacrificed more by the neglect of existing conditions and emergency panic measures than the virus and forced them to die alone. 

You can be my spokesman any day RS. Very well put. 

Just now, tutankamun said:

yes we did. some papers were up in arms about it. it was discussed on here in the now deleted thread.

I'm not convinced. Both of these have been relatively recent developments. The papers were almost universally behind the original proposals (lockdown) at the time. A few lone voices, Hitchens etc, expressed doubts but they were few and far between in the msm