Coronavirus

Henry

36 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Nope. I'm not. It's you who's doing that. 

Because people are being given notice of a change. I'd say it's pretty unfair to bring in a new law, that people can be charged for, with no notice. Wouldn't you? 

You're the one playing politics here.

You want to get back to me on the erroneous political point you made the other day, that you ignored my reply to? 

Actually nae sure what political point you are on about? Maybe missed it.

But I just don’t get why if it’s a threat we wouldn’t immediately shut down everywhere.

• Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, BrianFaePerth said:

Yeah much better that they are safe on the dole

They're more likely to be on the dole of the virus continues to grow. 

Id enforce the rules for venues strongly and support venues financially. 

16 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Lol, you should apply for a job as a covid marshal Parky. You're exactly the right type. 

Not at all. Your attitude of not caring about folk working in pubs is bizarre to me though, given you've said you work in that sector. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 4
10 minutes ago, Parklife said:

They're more likely to be on the dole of the virus continues to grow. 

Id enforce the rules for venues strongly and support venues financially. 

Not at all. Your attitude of not caring about folk working in pubs is bizarre to me though, given you've said you work in that sector. 

As you say I work in the sector so I know that the vast majority of the workers in it have the same attitude to this nonsense as me. 

6 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

2 households rule has almost certainly fucked our family holiday in the Highlands in the next couple of weeks. There was going to be 6 of us going but from 3 households. 

Just seems utterly bizarre that I can be in a pub with people from many other households but cannot meet my family for a holiday. 

It'll be the same rule in pubs, won't it? 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 3
14 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I can believe that some people are so sad that they klipe on others. I couldn't believe that anyone could grass AND then boast about it.

So I'm equally suspicious but wouldn't rule it out.

Easy way to avoid this from happening is by not breaking the rules and don't plaster it all over social media so others (grasses) see it.

10 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

2 households rule has almost certainly fucked our family holiday in the Highlands in the next couple of weeks. There was going to be 6 of us going but from 3 households. 

Just seems utterly bizarre that I can be in a pub with people from many other households but cannot meet my family for a holiday. 

There are rules and guidelines in place in pubs and restaurants to ensure people stick to them, when you're in another persons house or a holiday home you'll be more likely to break those guidelines.

4 minutes ago, minijc said:

Easy way to avoid this from happening is by not breaking the rules and don't plaster it all over social media so others (grasses) see it.

There are rules and guidelines in place in pubs and restaurants to ensure people stick to them, when you're in another persons house or a holiday home you'll be more likely to break those guidelines.

I can tell you didn't grow up in a scheme Mini

Guest the shepherd
1 hour ago, BrianFaePerth said:

Enjoy lads. Eh have a wee pub crawl planned for tomorrow night. Hundreds if not thousands of households represented.

Might even raise a glass for you all

Just don't go surfing or swimming afterwards, Brian.

#PoorNickSlater

27 minutes ago, Parklife said:

It'll be the same rule in pubs, won't it? 

You can sit at a table with only 2 households up to six. But you can share the rest of the pub with God knows how many households. 

I, like many, have stuck to the guidelines throughout. But I can't help but think it's those that are sticking to it who are now getting punished the most. 

The damage being done to people's mental well being is far greater than the virus itself and I can't help but think her decisions are now being made with one eye on next year's election. 

The problem is currently in Glasgow and Lanarkshire not anywhere else. But rather than risk imposing a lockdown on these SNP heartlands she's imposing them nationally to save any potential backlash from Glasgow or Lanarkshire.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1
Guest the shepherd
22 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Yeah it's only strangers it's safe to share a pub with

...as well as persons of NFA (No Fixed Abode), as they do not form part of a, or any, household. 

7 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

You can sit at a table with only 2 households up to six. But you can share the rest of the pub with God knows how many households. 

I, like many, have stuck to the guidelines throughout. But I can't help but think it's those that are sticking to it are now getting punished. 

The damage being done to people's mental well being is far greater than the virus itself and I can't help but think her decisions are now being made with one eye on next year's election. 

The problem is currently in Glasgow and Lanarkshire not anywhere else. But rather than risk imposing a lockdown on these SNP heartlands she's imposing them nationally to save any potential backlash from Glasgow or Lanarkshire.

?

Guest the shepherd
14 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

I, like many, have stuck to the guidelines throughout. But I can't help but think it's those that are sticking to it who are now getting punished the most. 

Great post min. One of the most rational, refreshing and sensible summaries on events given since the 23rd of March. 

Sweden has basically got to the herd immunity stage, if we'd followed them it would be all but over and the economy while damaged wouldn't be nearly so bad. I really think opening up and letting it go through the people will be the best for every nation, hiding was never the answer. We'll probably do this in Spring, Winter will kill off those too weak, be in a good position to do it then.

People giving me negatives for saying to Geoff don't spoil a holiday because it's 3 households not 2, losers!!!!! it's a made up comedy rule just to be different to England, fuck losing my holiday because nippy is being a fucking idiot again.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2
18 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

I, like many, have stuck to the guidelines throughout. But I can't help but think it's those that are sticking to it are now getting punished. 

The problem is currently in Glasgow and Lanarkshire not anywhere else. 

That last point is the really important fact in all of this. Aberdeen cases rise and a local lockdown is imposed. Glasgow/Lanarkshire rising and blanket restrictions on everywhere in Scotland including many health boards that have had zero or next to zero increases. Bottle job sturgeon terrified to single out Places in the central belt. 

1 minute ago, daytripping said:

I'd still go on holiday If I was you Geoff, no one is really sticking to the daft rules.

Unfortunately it'll be up to the owner of the accommodation (house) on whether they are willing to break the law and knowingly allow 3 households into their property. 

Whilst I appreciate she's not going to please everyone, she is certainly hell bent on not alienating the large SNP support in Glasgow and Lanarkshire.

1 minute ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

Unfortunately it'll be up to the owner of the accommodation (house) on whether they are willing to break the law and knowingly allow 3 households into their property. 

Whilst I appreciate she's not going to please everyone, she is certainly hell bent on not alienating the large SNP support in Glasgow and Lanarkshire.

Just promise to stay 1 metre apart, one-in-one-out for the bathroom and have a one-way system for the bogs etc. :thumbup1:

16 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

The rules/guidelines are frustrating to us all. We're all fed up with it. 

The damage being done to people's mental well being is far greater than the virus itself

While I agree that it's very hard on everyone and obviously some more than others, I don't agree with that. 

and I can't help but think her decisions are now being made with one eye on next year's election. 

I think the decisions are based on trying to suppress the virus through the coming winter. We can't let what happened March-July happen again. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 5