Coronavirus

Henry

18 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Sweden has basically got to the herd immunity stage, if we'd followed them it would be all but over and the economy while damaged wouldn't be nearly so bad. I really think opening up and letting it go through the people will be the best for every nation, hiding was never the answer. We'll probably do this in Spring, Winter will kill off those too weak, be in a good position to do it then.

People giving me negatives for saying to Geoff don't spoil a holiday because it's 3 households not 2, losers!!!!! it's a made up comedy rule just to be different to England, fuck losing my holiday because nippy is being a fucking idiot again.

No they haven't,  Denmarks economy is almost just as good as Swedens over the covid period and they locked down, main difference is Sweden have had 5843 deaths, Finland, Denmark and Norway have had 1228 between them.  What people don't realise is that your average Swede has followed social distancing themselves, WFH is being carried out and they have, much like other places changed their way of life to try preserve it, the other huge factor is that these countries get their food boosted with vitamin D which is a huge help against this virus.

15 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

You not familiar with Mastrick, Northfield, Tillydone, Sandilands or my old abode, Ferriers?

There is good and bad everywhere, both people and places although in some of these places I named, some of the best people you will meet.

Not aware of those places Rocket, as someone from the more affluent area of Torry, I look down on those lesser heaps.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Let's not go assuming that people haven't suffered considerably with mental health issues again by projecting your own opinions onto subjects you know very little about. 

It's this kinda stuff that gets you in bother. 

I Literally agreed it's been "Very hard on everyone and obviously some more than others". 

You need to start reading what I type, rather than what you want to me to have typed so you can start flinging baseless attacks at me again. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 3
1 minute ago, Parklife said:

I Literally agreed it's been "Very hard on everyone and obviously some more than others". 

You need to start reading what I type, rather than what you want to me to have typed so you can start flinging baseless attacks at me again. 

I've never flung a 'baseless attack'. 

You often make opinions based on your personal views or experiences without considering that you're not in full possession of the facts. 

• Downvote 1
8 minutes ago, Parklife said:

The rules/guidelines are frustrating to us all. We're all fed up with it. 

While I agree that it's very hard on everyone and obviously some more than others, I don't agree with that. 

I think the decisions are based on trying to suppress the virus through the coming winter. We can't let what happened March-July happen again. 

If decisions have been based on trying to suppress the virus coming into winter, why was there such a large drive in schemes such as eat out to help out? Surely that's not how you go about suppressing the virus?

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I doubt even you believe that. 

Fucking right there are. One of my mates for one, 4 months off work, full pay, he's praying for another full lock down. I also know a hospital porter that's been coining in the overtime sitting all night watching Netflix. 

Yer social media, rainbow in the window, NHS pot bangers love the drama of it all. Moaning about Covidiots and making sure all their good deeds are plastered all over Facebook. 

There are fucking loads of people loving all this and they are contributing massively to the political decisions made on this. 

• Upvote 5
13 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I've never flung a 'baseless attack'. 

You often make opinions based on your personal views or experiences without considering that you're not in full possession of the facts. 

You have. On multiple occasions. Normally due to you not reading my post. 

For example, you're having a pop at me here when you've clearly not read what I've said. 

Read the interaction again. Geoff stayed something. I acknowledged his point but disagreed. We're allowed to disagree. Not sure why you continually get so pissed off with me doing that. Put me on ignore and you'll have to read a word I type. Sorted. 

12 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

If decisions have been based on trying to suppress the virus coming into winter, why was there such a large drive in schemes such as eat out to help out?
Surely that's not how you go about suppressing the virus?

That was a UK government policy though. Which, while it clearly gave good support to the sector, probably wasn't compatible with virus suppression. 

• Like 1
Guest the shepherd
22 minutes ago, Parklife said:

The rules/guidelines are frustrating to us all. We're all fed up with it. 

While I agree that it's very hard on everyone and obviously some more than others, I don't agree with that. 

I think the decisions are based on trying to suppress the virus through the coming winter. We can't let what happened March-July happen again. 

What an unbelievably naive comment.

Geoff Tipps is right; the deep, lasting impact lockdown measures have had on people's mental health far outweighs the harm the virus allegedly has done.

Regional suicide rates are up and the rate of absolute poverty is at unacceptably higher level than before 23/03/2020. Aye right enough, lockdown measures have had no effect on people's mental health then. 

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

You have. On multiple occasions. Normally due to you not reading my post. 

For example, you're having a pop at me here when you've clearly not read what I've said. 

Read the interaction again. Geoff stayed something. I acknowledged his point but disagreed. We're allowed to disagree. Not sure why you continually get so pissed off with me doing that. Put me on ignore and you'll have to read a word I type. Sorted. 

That was a UK government policy though. Which, while it clearly gave good support to the sector, probably wasn't compatible with virus suppression. 

I'm afraid that it's you that doesn't read what you post. 

You stated that the damage to people's mental health was not as great as covid which in a huge number of cases is obviously complete nonsense. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I do. Honestly. I read and understand it all. You continually don't. 

You stated that the damage to people's mental health was not as great as covid which in a huge number of cases is obviously complete nonsense. 

I know what I typed. 

In some cases it is. In some it isn't. On balance, I'd say the overall impact of Covid is greater than the impact of the current restrictions on people's mental health.

You can disagree, just like Geoff does. That's fine. It's called having a discussion when people do that. 

• Like 1

I'd have more respect for Parkie if he just held his hands up admitted he was wrong, but he's far too stubborn for that, even when he knows he's wrong he chooses to ignore it and attack. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Guest the shepherd
36 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Good post. Whilst mental health has taken a big hit - and I also read that suicides everywhere are sky high as you say - I suspect the full extent of it has yet to come.

They've not said what the Birmingham stuff was all about (or if they did, I missed it) but I'm surprised we've not got more nutters fleein aboot deein nutjob things. 

Fair summary min.

No motive as yet has been attributed to the Birmingham stabbings, although there doesn't really have to be as whoever carries out such an act is a complete psychotic. Other stories of challenging behaviour I heard about were vehicles being set alight in Bristol, the usual stabbings in London and a phone mast being set ablaze in Bradford. Nothing really out of the ordinary though.

However, events of these genres are only going to escalate whilst these needless and oppressive lockdown measures continue to remain, be altered or increased. 

18 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

I'd have more respect for Parkie if he just held his hands up admitted he was wrong, but he's far too stubborn for that, even when he knows he's wrong he chooses to ignore it and attack. 

1. How am I wrong? We disagree. It's subjective. 
2. I'm not attacking anyone. If you want to see attacks, go check out Aberdeen1970's posting history to me. 

• Like 1