Coronavirus

Henry

13 hours ago, Parklife said:

I do. Honestly. I read and understand it all. You continually don't. 

I know what I typed. 

In some cases it is. In some it isn't. On balance, I'd say the overall impact of Covid is greater than the impact of the current restrictions on people's mental health.

You can disagree, just like Geoff does. That's fine. It's called having a discussion when people do that. 

Was reading a Norwegian article which while then numbers are likely different in the UK, the sentiment will be the same.

In the first 6 months of 2020, they had 5 times as many calls from young people talking about suicide. Worse still, the numbers have been doubling roughly every month since this began. They also highlighted that that’s the number of calls they can answer, they’ve not enough funds to staff up and take every call.

There is also a huge increase in older folk, especially amongst the self-employed who are calling.

Given we’re still in the time of furloughs and cash being relatively plentiful, this will only get worse. 

41 minutes ago, BrianFaePerth said:

Was reading a Norwegian article which while then numbers are likely different in the UK, the sentiment will be the same.

In the first 6 months of 2020, they had 5 times as many calls from young people talking about suicide. Worse still, the numbers have been doubling roughly every month since this began. They also highlighted that that’s the number of calls they can answer, they’ve not enough funds to staff up and take every call.

There is also a huge increase in older folk, especially amongst the self-employed who are calling.

Given we’re still in the time of furloughs and cash being relatively plentiful, this will only get worse. 

Yeah. It's no doubt an issue. Which is why the governments need to support people. Both with full resumption of support services and financial assistance for industries impacted by restrictions. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4
2 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

Nephew has been hesitant going out to meet pals go to school and carries a mask everywhere.  Wee loon is only 6.  Breaks my heart.  Poor kids right now.  At least I have had a decent life.  What shite have they got coming in these times ahead?

On the flip side my 9 year old absolutely loved being off school for a long time, has improved socially, regularly challenges the point in wearing masks and is pretty much living a normal life. Remember there is no social restrictions on U12's in Scotland so I'm not sure why any kid U12 would be living a different life than before?

53 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

Nephew has been hesitant going out to meet pals go to school and carries a mask everywhere.  Wee loon is only 6.  Breaks my heart.  Poor kids right now.  At least I have had a decent life.  What shite have they got coming in these times ahead?

sounds like he's too soft.

25 minutes ago, RUL said:

Aye. Think those in 3rd/4th year will be impacted somewhat but then some of them have got grades they would never have got with real exams so not all bad?

Unless they came from impoverished areas! 

I'm a bit out of the loop, is the music in bars thing being reviewed? 

Guest milne_afc
27 minutes ago, RUL said:

Aye. Think those in 3rd/4th year will be impacted somewhat but then some of them have got grades they would never have got with real exams so not all bad?

??

2 hours ago, RUL said:

On the flip side my 9 year old absolutely loved being off school for a long time, has improved socially, regularly challenges the point in wearing masks and is pretty much living a normal life. Remember there is no social restrictions on U12's in Scotland so I'm not sure why any kid U12 would be living a different life than before?

Probably got a couple of shitebag parents.  Like Parkie if he wasn't shooting blanks

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, tutankamun said:

zero new cases in Aberdeen today, 1 in the shire.

Aberdeen & shire has averaged just over 2 new cases / day for the last 2 weeks. :nutter:

Which is why the new rules should have been area specific, she did it with Aberdeen but won't with Glasgow, wonder why?

No travel restrictions like we got either, I don't want those manks coming to our City, same goes with Fife, keep your disease away from us, ok it's a fairly trivial sniffle but she needs to be consistent with her message.

17 minutes ago, tutankamun said:

zero new cases in Aberdeen today, 1 in the shire.

Aberdeen & shire has averaged just over 2 new cases / day for the last 2 weeks. :nutter:

Aye seen that. Dundee also only 2.

Think even the most avid Sturgeon fans in Aberdeen must be querying this. 

Wish some of the press would query this approach in her daily updates.