Coronavirus

Henry

49 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

She wasn't 'lying' ,come on now Moobz for the love of fuck. You're a better man that that. 

So after 6 months of spouting the numbers it was suddenly just realised a more accurate way of recording them could be made? And she never questioned that? 

Incompetent then, and big of her to admit it, point stands. 

59 minutes ago, KingswellsRed said:

Considering these countries wore masks right from the start and even before the pandemic, I don’t see how it could be measured there. I am talking about countries where the line on the case graph remained on the same course after introducing mask mandates.

The number of cases in Scotland has steadily increased since 10th July

1 hour ago, minijc said:

There's plenty I don't agree with the governments approach on, if they have been faking hospital numbers then that is completely wrong, like with anything you need total transparency and that goes both ways so if things are worse than they are letting on or better.  For me it's right to be cautious especially up here as we've shown in Scotland that we can get on top of the virus but too many don't seem to be willing to follow basic rules, the masks I get why some don't want to wear them but it's pretty obvious that wearing them may lead to things getting back to normal quicker.

Personally think UBI is the best way forward out of this mess and it makes the most sense, it would be fairly easy to implement in Scotland, probably UK wide actually but it doesn't fit the Tories ideology (not a dig it's just not something they believe in) but if put in place properly it would help so many people through what has become a horrendous time.

Talk of curfews etc is dumb especially right now, if things get out of hand in November and December it would make some sense I think but again governments need to be transparent with the thought process behind it and you can't be rolling out schemes to encourage people to go out and act 'normal' then berate them when social distancing and other guidelines breakdown.  I suppose though if things do get out of hands all the governments will have learned their lessons already and act better, a proper, hard lockdown earlier in March would've saved countless people from dying and I imagine we'd be in a better place now than what we currently are. 

spot on min

30 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

9 cases in Grampian today and we are on the same restrictions as the central belt? 7 in the Highlands. 

Sturgeon bottled locking down Central Belt areas but was happy to lockdown Aberdeen. Cowardly and weak

Totally. 

She bleats on about cases in Scotland trebling. Aye they are trebling in the central belt. 

Massively reduced here compared to 4-5 weeks ago. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Totally. 

She bleats on about cases in Scotland trebling. Aye they are trebling in the central belt. 

Massively reduced here compared to 4-5 weeks ago. 

Which proves the lockdown worked. The Scottish Government could have nipped this outbreak in and around Glasgow in the bud sometime ago, but instead they have decided to allow it to spiral out of control. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
50 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I lived in Hong Kong for six years and our eldest daughter is moving there in 2021. When we went to China the poverty was unreal and having seen the Ai Wei Wei exhibition at the RA a couple of years back, human rights are still an utter disgrace. So I hardly think they can be held up as a beacon or a good example for anything.

Blaming them for the pandemic is ignorant however. It was an inevitable outbreak and there will be many more to come, for the reasons David Attenborough showed in Extinction: The Facts, the destruction of bio-diversity. This was a virus that both the UK and the USA knew was coming, as Obama explicitly said and what Operation Cygnus was about.

Was that the chap who exhibited at the Tate Modern with the porcelain stones?

1 hour ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

Is my dad who is 63 and suffers with MS and dementia considered one of these coffin dodgers? 

I have no doubt if he contracts COVID-19 he wouldn't survive it. So I assume you're suggesting its people like him that are ruining it for everyone and not those who refuse to follow simple guidance?

Sorry to hear your father has these devastating aliments. But I can't see it ever being "safe" for him to not shield until there is a vaccine (if ever), can't you see the argument that while some measures (masks etc) should be taken, people and particularly the young should be free to make there own decisions on where they go and what they do?

Anti-body testing indicates over 1 in 10 people in London have had it already, no measure will ever eradicate the disease (see NZ) and it will always come back until there is a vaccine. So why ruin the economy when your father and his close family can make their own decisions on what to do, when to shield, extra cleaning measures etc?

And don't say the rest of the population should be responsible and suffer lock downs for a tiny minority of the population, while their lives and futures and education are fucked. 

• Upvote 2
Guest the shepherd
59 minutes ago, NEM said:

Pinocchio sturgeon

Scotgov lying about hospital numbers by a huge margin (87% on the 26th of August as an example).

How many deaths have been wrongly attributed to Covid in the same manner?

No wonder she was coming over all sheepish and less vitriolic and aggressive, as she normally is, at the daily briefing earlier today.  She has finally been exposed for what she is (a heartless lying rat) , of which a good lot of us knew already via observation, experience and analysis. 

We have been fed complete and utter propaganda by her and Boris Johnson from day one of lockdown in order to support their own self-prestige, self-importance and political agendas. Nothing more, nothing less. 

4 minutes ago, the shepherd said:

No wonder she was coming over all sheepish and less vitriolic and aggressive, as she normally is, at the daily briefing earlier today.  She has finally been exposed for what she is (a heartless lying rat) , of which a good lot of us knew already via observation, experience and analysis. 

We have been fed complete and utter propaganda by her and Boris Johnson from day one of lockdown in order to support their own self-prestige, self-importance and political agendas. Nothing more, nothing less. 

get a grip

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3
31 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

What an incisive rebuttal

He's a cult member, can't be helped. 

They've put it down as an admin error, every right thinking hospital worker has been saying it for Months, there are no fucking patients. 

It's gone beyond the point of insanity, it's a new flu that kills people at deaths door. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
7 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Totally agree. On yersel dayts.

Hud on, beyond insanity... in Scotland only?

What about your beloved Tories? 

It's nature wiping out some old people, it's the way things work. Strongest live, weakest die. We can't have people living forever, their brains would be like jelly, bodies marching on. It's no way to live, dressed and arse wiped by a teenager. Disease will never go away, if it did we'd be really fucked.

• Downvote 1
2 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I think you missed the question. Which was quite remarkable given that this was the whole post.

You said that it was beyond insanity. I said that I agreed with this. I then asked if you were talking about Scotland only?

In other words, what's so different between Scotland and England? Is it not beyond insanity there too?

England have not been lying about hospital numbers, they've been proportionate when its came to local lockdowns. They don't feel the need to give a daily propaganda statement that only increases thick peoples worries. Handled it way better than Scotland. 6 people rule is pretty fair, add in from 2 households unfair. My daughter had to cancel a weekend away with pals this weekend, in England would have been legal. Young fit kids, no danger at all of them dying, road trip would be more dangerous. We've been mislead, pictures of Chinese people collapsing in the streets, Italian hospital over ran, all crap.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1