Coronavirus

Henry

It's nonsense, Parky is buying into the victim blaming on this. 

There's a super deadly, highly contagious virus going round which the government are seeking out victims. Somehow it's the victims own fault they are getting it for not following laws(not guidelines) So they punish us all by implementing more laws. 

It's a completely ridiculous situation being made worse by the ego's of the people in charge. Fuck them. 

• Upvote 3

It's beyond ridiculous that we may be heading towards a second lockdown where standard activities like going to the local restaurant/pub could be prohibited again, but in between the two lockdowns, we felt it was appropriate to open up borders for tourists to swan off to other countries.  Of course we had that under control by re-implementing 14 day quarantines only after infection rates in these countries reached unacceptable levels.  

To have no real strategy in March was incompetent.  To still be lacking any real strategy 6 months down the line is criminal.

• Upvote 2
11 minutes ago, Foster14 said:

It's beyond ridiculous that we may be heading towards a second lockdown where standard activities like going to the local restaurant/pub could be prohibited again, but in between the two lockdowns, we felt it was appropriate to open up borders for tourists to swan off to other countries.  Of course we had that under control by re-implementing 14 day quarantines only after infection rates in these countries reached unacceptable levels.  

To have no real strategy in March was incompetent.  To still be lacking any real strategy 6 months down the line is criminal.

Agree on the tourism. The air bridges thing was a farce. Shouldn't have been given the importance it was. Giving in to cunts whinging about their holidays. 

I think we are heading for tougher restrictions. The virus is growing and if it isn't nipped in the bud, we'll be back where we were in March. 

Folk can whinge all they like but the virus doesn't appear to have changed, just because we want it to. If folk think thousands more dead is a price worth paying, fair enough. I doubt the governments will though. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

About flights, surely a better testing regime would've helped.  Do we just leave the aviation industry to completely collapse? A complete shit show agreed. 

I'll be doing plenty whining if/when we are hit with further restrictions. Aberdeen already had much harsher restrictions put in place, turned the tide and again it now looks like we are away to be hit with blanket restrictions across the country. Bullshit Imo. 

Media doing there best to scaremonger again claiming NHS is going to be overwhelmed in October and how thousands more deaths could happen....no evidence of "thousands of deaths" in France etc. 

Looks like October holidays with the kids is going to be a right treat ?

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, tutankamun said:

Agreed but what about the epidemiologist on question time last night, was she talking out of her hat?

https://twitter.com/bbcquestiontime/status/1306720401356095492?s=20

How's she "aggressively protecting" the at risk groups? It sounds one of the least bad options (it does effectively create two societies though, the young and healthy and the old & sick, which is a moral question of whether that's okay. It'd also mean families all over the country kept apart again) but she'll need to outline how she's going to look after the people who need care. Daily tests for all care workers, with results back in 24 hours? 

She should come up with a workable plan.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
2 minutes ago, Zeus said:

About flights, surely a better testing regime would've helped.  Do we just leave the aviation industry to completely collapse? A complete shit show agreed. 

No, we support industries that can't operate. 

2 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Media doing there best to scaremonger again claiming NHS is going to be overwhelmed in October and how thousands more deaths could happen....no evidence of "thousands of deaths" in France etc. 

You'd like to think, given some advancements in treatment, countries will be better equipped to treat and mistakes that caused many deaths (Covid patients in to care homes) will not be repeated (although evidence came out yesterday suggesting that's exactly what the UK Government are trying to do). 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 4
2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

How's she "aggressively protecting" the at risk groups? It sounds one of the least bad options (it does effectively create two societies though, the young and healthy and the old & sick, which is a moral question of whether that's okay. It'd also mean families all over the country kept apart again) but she'll need to outline how she's going to look after the people who need care. Daily tests for all care workers, with results back in 24 hours? 

She should come up with a workable plan.

sounds more feasible than Boris' 'moonshot' or what we are currently doing (in and out of lock-downs ad infinitum, increasing deaths from other reasons, destroying the economy etc.)

1 minute ago, tutankamun said:

sounds more feasible than Boris' 'moonshot' or what we are currently doing (in and out of lock-downs ad infinitum, increasing deaths from other reasons, destroying the economy etc.)

Yeah, lockdowns are only a last resort. They bring so many other issues that they're not sustainable. 

Youd like to think we've used to last 6 months to build up our testing and track and trace systems so that we can isolate people who're positive ASAP before they go on to infect large numbers of others. 

My concern is that too many people don't give a fuck anymore to make that work effectively. You see even a couple weeks ago, when restrictions were fairly limited, people whinging like fuck about everything. That attitude will be what sees us back in lockdown, I think. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 3
Just now, Parklife said:

Yeah, lockdowns are only a last resort. They bring so many other issues that they're not sustainable. 

Youd like to think we've used to last 6 months to build up our testing and track and trace systems so that we can isolate people who're positive ASAP before they go on to infect large numbers of others. 

My concern is that too many people don't give a fuck anymore to make that work effectively. You see even a couple weeks ago, when restrictions were fairly limited, people whinging like fuck about everything. That attitude will be what sees us back in lockdown, I think. 

Nope. Massive over reaction for politicians is what will see us in lockdown again. 

• Upvote 4

I bet most folk are fucked off with these "rules". Shutdown, flatten the so called curve, open up again, cases spike, close again.  Bollocks. 

I pretty much stuck to it rigedly in the spring.  6 months down the line, nah poke that.  Nae good for anyone to be cooped up at home all the time.

4 minutes ago, Zeus said:

I bet most folk are fucked off with these "rules". Shutdown, flatten the so called curve, open up again, cases spike, close again.  Bollocks. 

I pretty much stuck to it rigedly in the spring.  6 months down the line, nah poke that.  Nae good for anyone to be cooped up at home all the time.

When we were being told a hundred or so people a day were dying you could just about buy it but now we know they've been fiddling the numbers and that a large percentage of the deaths were a direct result of government actions they can fuck right off

• Upvote 3

I think folk are just tiring of the governments scattergun approach to this virus and trying to make sense of what we're being fed on a daily basis.

Yesterday we were told it couldn't have been foressen that reopening schools and encouraging people back to work or to boost the hospitality sector whilst a virus is still circulating might just create a problem?!

Really??! None of your magical SAGE wizards recognised that an increase in social contact might have the effect of spreading infection? No wonder we have little confidence in the people supposedly making the decisions on our behalf.

We need more people like that Aussie chap posted earlier questioning the wisdom of our politicians and the people advising them.

The actions are disproportionate to the risks. People should be allowed to make their own decision about how exposed or otherwise they want to make themselves to this. Do we want to keep this lockdown malarkey going indefinately and ruin many more lives as an indirect consequence or do we crack on and maybe catch a cough or a fever that we've likely had hundreds of times before in the past and will have many more times in the future because, you know, theres been 'coronaviruses' present for centuries and we just accept them as a part of life.

There's no way out of this, lockdowns merely pause the spread. lifting them just restarts it.

Seems simple to me. Put strict meaures in place for care homes and the likes, probably don't go visiting elderly relatives if your not feeling your best (i doubt many do anyway), reopen the world and let folk make an informed decision on the 99% chance they'll be fine.

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Zeus said:

Spot on. Comes to a point we have to move on. 

1 hour ago, rocket_scientist said:

Artists usually see truth more clearly than most and have the courage to say it like it is.

Not that it's "courage" really. It's what we should all be doing all of the time. In the modern world of mass surveillance, people being encouraged to clype on one another, economic monopolisation, the pollution of the planet and the eradication of human rights, truth has been steadily compromised by stealth in favour of politics, compliance and arselicking.

Noel Gallacher and Ian Brown got slated as no doubt Van the Man will be for this. It's not a marvellous time for operation moonshot or whatever the fuck Hancock says.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/van-morrison-hits-out-at-crooked-facts-in-new-anti-lockdown-protest-songs-2756262?amp&__twitter_impression=true

You heard Ian's new song? Some message in that.

7 minutes ago, Fridge said:

What’s the point in the 10 o’clock thing?

Is it because the more pished you get the more likely you are to not obey the rules. Just makes no difference, folk will just end Up getting pished till closing time regardless of when it is.

Yip, and getting carry outs and heading back to house parties(which are meant to be verboten) Pointless waste of time.