Coronavirus

Henry

7 minutes ago, Fridge said:

What’s the point in the 10 o’clock thing?

Is it because the more pished you get the more likely you are to not obey the rules. Just makes no difference, folk will just end Up getting pished till closing time regardless of when it is.

Yip, and getting carry outs and heading back to house parties(which are meant to be verboten) Pointless waste of time.

5 hours ago, Parklife said:

Agree on the tourism. The air bridges thing was a farce. Shouldn't have been given the importance it was. Giving in to cunts whinging about their holidays. 

I think we are heading for tougher restrictions. The virus is growing and if it isn't nipped in the bud, we'll be back where we were in March. 

Folk can whinge all they like but the virus doesn't appear to have changed, just because we want it to. If folk think thousands more dead is a price worth paying, fair enough. I doubt the governments will though. 

Absolute pish and wind.  The virus has clearly changed - look at the deaths versus cases now compared to March

8 minutes ago, Parklife said:

You think the case numbers from March were an accurate reflection of virus levels? 

Thats cute. 

Hang on a second dweeb - have you not repeatedly been posting about how low a % of folk have already been infected?  

Now you're claiming a lot more folk have had it than has been reported?

THAT is cute

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, minijc said:

Funny seeing the people that moaned about the initial guidelines and openly saying they won't follow them now crying as it's clear things are away to get locked down again, your own fault really.

Nah that's bullshit mate.  The vast, vast majority have been following the rules.  A few weeks we were told in March, it's been 6 months now and we're no further forward.

On top of that they've been caught out lying time and time again about numbers.

No wonder folk now think they can ram it

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
1 minute ago, NEM said:

Nah that's bullshit mate.  The vast, vast majority have been following the rules.  A few weeks we were told in March, it's been 6 months now and we're no further forward.

On top of that they've been caught out lying time and time again about numbers.

No wonder folk now think they can ram it

The majority will have followed but a large number didn't because they were being stubborn, all the non maskers EXPOSED, all those younger ones that can't behave themselves in bars EXPOSED, we're heading for an awful winter.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Non mask wearers exposed?  ?

Go blow some cigarette smoke through your 30p mask see how effective is is at stopping smoke particles which are multiple times bigger than the virus 

"Heading for an awful winter"

Aye if the boot locks us down we are.  Economy ruined, suicides through the roof, cancer treatments cancelled, diagnosis missed etc etc.

We had a mild flu season last year, this is a bad one.  End of

1 minute ago, minijc said:

The majority will have followed but a large number didn't because they were being stubborn, all the non maskers EXPOSED, all those younger ones that can't behave themselves in bars EXPOSED, we're heading for an awful winter.

It is still possible to catch Covid even if you have followed every single rule / guidance / law to the letter.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
Just now, tutankamun said:

It is still possible to catch Covid even if you have followed every single rule / guidance / law to the letter.

I know that but what doesn't help is the non maskers, those that can't/won't follow simple rules and cry about them, if they did maybe we'd be in a better position now.

37 minutes ago, NEM said:

Hang on a second dweeb -

Haha you're such a fanny. Calm down the aggression and you'll avoid looking like a tube in every post. 

have you not repeatedly been posting about how low a % of folk have already been infected?  

Correct. Based on serology testing that's been done.

Current confirmed case numbers would mean something like only 0.004% of people in Scotland have had Covid. It's clearly higher than that. What I was arguing Against was idiots claiming something like 50% of folk have had it. Dayts "just had a feeling" it was around 80% ?

Try reading and understanding discussions before trying to reference them back. 

Now you're claiming a lot more folk have had it than has been reported?

THAT is cute

As above. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You just know if England bring in 10pm pub closures nippy will make it 9pm here, she's been caught out by them bringing in those new rules, called the cobra meeting so she can play catch up without it looking like she's copying them. It's all such a farce, count hospital admissions and deaths, numbers who have tested positive means nothing, most who have it won't even know. Guy at my works grandkid was going for a test the other day, sniffle and a cough, a fucking cold!! there's many more like that, more you test, more positives you'll get, means nothing.

12 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

The dickhead Caudwell on QT last night was talking about the viral load. I don't think there's any dispute that deaths are way down. New infections in Grampian were zero yesterday and have been negligible for ages.

Whatever the true numbers of "cases" were in March and whatever the prevalence and the transmissability (R) was 6 months ago, I don't understand why we don't just compare deaths now v deaths then?

For some reason the number of deaths isn't important now. The whole point of all this is to avoid deaths but the fact we are avoiding them isn't enough anymore. It's all bullshit. 

9 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

It's not a dig? Well why take the superior, exclusionary and isolationist tone?

The Aussie bloke on the link I posted yesterday was targeting YOUR government, the arsewipes who spent ONE BILLION per death.

So if WE are being played for fools (which I agree with), how come YOU are not?

It’s not a dig. It’s a why the fuck are you going along with it.

As for the billion dollar thing, eh couldn’t agree more

Is there actually some evidence out there that supports early shutting of restaurants/pubs?  

A curfew seems a bit of a strange restriction.  Can't really see how an early close reduces transmission.  If the suggestion is that later drunken activity encourages more contact, then are people just not going to do that earlier in the day?

2 minutes ago, Foster14 said:

Is there actually some evidence out there that supports early shutting of restaurants/pubs?  

A curfew seems a bit of a strange restriction.  Can't really see how an early close reduces transmission.  If the suggestion is that later drunken activity encourages more contact, then are people just not going to do that earlier in the day?

They might have data that the times that positive cases have been in pubs is late at night. Nothing I've seen published though. 

Limiting hours in the pub will reduce risk though at least on a pro-Rata basis though. Potentially by more if that's when the pubs are busiest. 

26 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

I've only worn a muzzle twice. I thought customers would be bothered at first but nobody actually believes they work, it's all about fitting in, showing how considerate you are, despite knowing deep down they do fuck all. No pubs down my way are forcing people to wear them, not the couple I've been in for a pint anyway. 

I only wear one going to the bar (actually use a scarf, don't have a mask) Doesn't sit well with me but it's either that or I won't get a pint.  Don't wear it in shops. 

14 minutes ago, Parklife said:

They might have data that the times that positive cases have been in pubs is late at night. Nothing I've seen published though. 

Limiting hours in the pub will reduce risk though at least on a pro-Rata basis though. Potentially by more if that's when the pubs are busiest. 

He asked for evidence, not your opinion. 

7 hours ago, Zeus said:

About flights, surely a better testing regime would've helped.  Do we just leave the aviation industry to completely collapse? A complete shit show agreed. 

I'll be doing plenty whining if/when we are hit with further restrictions. Aberdeen already had much harsher restrictions put in place, turned the tide and again it now looks like we are away to be hit with blanket restrictions across the country. Bullshit Imo. 

Media doing there best to scaremonger again claiming NHS is going to be overwhelmed in October and how thousands more deaths could happen....no evidence of "thousands of deaths" in France etc. 

Looks like October holidays with the kids is going to be a right treat ?

What? More than you do already about it?

• Like 1