Coronavirus

Henry

27 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Let's be honest, to a normal person lockdown is rubbish and does more harm than good. 

Not being able to see mates, family isnt good for the heid. Unless your a loner 

Humans are social animals at the end of the day. Saying family life doesn't really change is incorrect.  My 2 kids missed the family terribly in the early days of full lockdown.  I won't be sticking to that bullshit again if implemented which going by the disgraceful press seems likely. 

Was looking at a "staycation" for October last week. Would imagine there's no point in booking that 

We have one booked with her family for 4 weeks time, which looks like won't happen now 

Will get our cash back and book a couple of nights away just the three of us. Somewhere with a pool. All depends on fit Sturgo comes out with in the next week or so. 

5 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Careful where you go 

I was chased out of Torridon at the height of lockdown by pitchfork wielding weirdos.

The bottom line is people are not being admitted to hospital. For whatever reason. That's going to cause extreme apathy to another lockdown 

I love the East Neuk but a lot of people there let themselves down at the start of all this, moaning about visitors etc

4 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

We have one booked with her family for 4 weeks time, which looks like won't happen now 

Will get our cash back and book a couple of nights away just the three of us. Somewhere with a pool. All depends on fit Sturgo comes out with in the next week or so. 

This is it. I was all ready to book up, place had a pool which keeps the bairns happy. Will have to wait and see but can change all of a sudden. 

13 hours ago, minijc said:

There isn't really a problem, it's that you seem to think I'm unaffected in this situation, various stuff going on in and around my life, friends and family suffering but for the greater good we're all getting on with it, keeping ourselves and other right as we know that at some point things will get better so if wearing a mask for 15-30mins a day needs to be done, we do it, you're all getting bent out of shape thinking it's some new world order plan to take away our freedoms, meanwhile some of you voted for brexit which is restricting us much more than this virus.

When's that then?  

13 hours ago, cheesepipes said:

Its a caker to stick to the rules if you've never spermed up a woman, dont have a job, dont have a house, dont have a car and jettison friends who go on holiday. 

Unfortunately thats a tiny percentage of the population. 

Bunch of fucking cunts. 

The voice of reason returns

3 minutes ago, NEM said:

When's that then?  

I'm not sure but it looked like we were heading to a good place before things started to pick up again, it wouldn't have been back to being completely normal but some folk took the piss and we are now paying the price for it.

What I find interesting is, that if this virus is harmless to the many, which on the surface it does look that way why did the US Military ban the recruitment of anyone that had contracted the virus from signing up.  They later changed that to those that had been hospitalised by it before adapting it again to a case by case thing, there's a lot more to this virus than we are being told.

1 minute ago, minijc said:

I'm not sure but it looked like we were heading to a good place before things started to pick up again, it wouldn't have been back to being completely normal but some folk took the piss and we are now paying the price for it.

What I find interesting is, that if this virus is harmless to the many, which on the surface it does look that way why did the US Military ban the recruitment of anyone that had contracted the virus from signing up.  They later changed that to those that had been hospitalised by it before adapting it again to a case by case thing, there's a lot more to this virus than we are being told.

Surely that just shows lockdowns a complete waste of time?  Sweden reporting low numbers of cases now......

If you think we're going to eradicate the virus you've lost the plot even more than I feared ?

2 minutes ago, minijc said:

Hadn’t heard that. That is indeed suspicious.

16 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

You must try before you buy. Test drive first. Everyone falls in love with St Andrews but the tourists don't know the locals. There's bad karma there, don't know if it's because of the religious shit and the proddies burning the kafflicks or vice versa but you need to stay in a place to know it. Elie is full of rich snobs from Edinburgh (who the locals resent). Ainster locals are mad. Crail is like scum escaped from a coonsil scheme who think they're middle class now but who are wannabe Elie and put on the fake pretentions. But it's the locals who make up the majority and most of them are shit. Far worse than the weegies for seeing the worst in everything. We wouldn't have to go too deep into Captain Cunt's genealogy to find deep pools of toxic stinking Fife blood. 

Crails dead now. Half the houses are 2 homes or air b and b's. I'd like a wee place near the front in Ainster. I actually only stay about 45 minute drive from there so it's not the most ambitious plan. 

Guest the shepherd
42 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Less than 5 in Hospital in Grampian. 

Heres some graphs to scare everyone though! 

I prefer the graphical representation of pie charts myself to how the consumption and sales of macaroni, mince, tattie and beans, chicken, and scotch are getting on in the area. 

5 minutes ago, NEM said:

Surely that just shows lockdowns a complete waste of time?  Sweden reporting low numbers of cases now......

If you think we're going to eradicate the virus you've lost the plot even more than I feared ?

Hahaha I've nae lost it I swear but there has to be way, maybe somewhere in the middle where we can get on with a certain amount of restrictions, I really don't think having to socially distance and wear a mask in places where social distancing is out of the question is too much to ask.

Again there's many caveats to Swedens situation and they are still getting a few thousand new cases a week.

15 minutes ago, minijc said:

We are not in this situation solely cause folk took the piss. 

We were encouraged to go out and get food, go to the pub and help out these business's. If the government genuinely thought there wouldnt be some rise in cases they are fucking idiots. 

16 minutes ago, minijc said:

Not true. Cases are up because testing is up. It's not to do with anyone taking the piss. It was always here.

Theres also not more to it than were being told. I've viewed many journals/ research on it. It has unique traits for sure. But it's not the demon you want it to be, for whatever reason.

youre going to get it. It's more likely that you'll win the lottery than not get it. You'll be ok

1 minute ago, DelMonte said:

We are not in this situation solely cause folk took the piss. 

We were encouraged to go out and get food, go to the pub and help out these business's. If the government genuinely thought there wouldnt be some rise in cases they are fucking idiots. 

I completely agree, I don't think they had a complete handle on things in England when they started to urge everyone to get back to normal, up here we were in a very good place the virus was at a low level but when Westminster start a tourism campaign to send people up here it's always going to let the virus spread.

For what it's worth, another full scale lockdown up here would be wrong, a tighter approach with Glasgow would see our new cases fall, England though, they look fucked purely on the basis of their testing system.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
1 minute ago, Poodler said:

Not true. Cases are up because testing is up. It's not to do with anyone taking the piss. It was always here.

Theres also not more to it than were being told. I've viewed many journals/ research on it. It has unique traits for sure. But it's not the demon you want it to be, for whatever reason.

youre going to get it. It's more likely that you'll win the lottery than not get it. You'll be ok

How do you know I'll be ok?

More tests doesn't mean more cases, that's just a lazy assumption.  I don't think it's a demon but there's plenty of studies out there that show various issues after people recover and as time goes on I imagine they'll find more, hopefully they don't though. 

11 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

If you test more, you're going to find more.

The only issue on the table is whether the measures are proportionate to the threat.

If the viral load and the threat of hospitalisations and death is significantly less now than six months ago then the same full lockdown can't possibly be required.

The main problem is science. They haven't got a clue what the current threat is and I'm pretty sure they never learned enough about what it was doing in March to understand that fully either. It's either an extremely high medical risk to a substantial enough number of people or it's not. Do your fucking jobs people. 

Unfortunate choice of words . The main problem is not science per se but the lack of scientific knowledge with regards to Covid-19. 

52 minutes ago, minijc said:

How do you know I'll be ok?

More tests doesn't mean more cases, that's just a lazy assumption.  I don't think it's a demon but there's plenty of studies out there that show various issues after people recover and as time goes on I imagine they'll find more, hopefully they don't though. 

You're right, I don't know. I expect you'll be ok given your age.

24 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

No I don't use pedantry. I use "unfortunate choice of words" where there is a valid reason to do so, mostly where punklife feels that he gets misunderstood but in reality he can't help but annoy people because of his underlying arrogance issues that he has yet to work through. But we shouldn't be talking about him as he fucking hates it, again deriving from his arrogance that he knows best (about everything) and has nothing left to learn (which he will deny, correctly, but fails to appreciate that it's how he comes across, not how he actually is).

We should talk about you instead. I like and am flattered by your use of "unfortunate choice of words". It's best to use them more appropriately however and never for pedantic purposes, which your latest one was.

Seriously RS, I don’t give a fuck to be honest . Peace be upon you brother . ?