Coronavirus

Henry

Surely the best solution is folk stick to the simple guidelines provided? Failing to do so will just bring tighter restrictions for all.

We are now at the point where travel restrictions and curfews are inevitable, which is fucking annoying and was completely avoidable if it wasn't for a selfish minority that don't like being told what to do.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3
12 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

Sounds like a good solution with one addition, there are plenty folk classed as the most vulnerable my dad included that are also sick if all this nonsense and would be happy to take their chances and get back to living a normal life.

Let your old man rock on then. Old enough to make his own decisions. 

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

Surely the best solution is folk stick to the simple guidelines provided? Failing to do so will just bring tighter restrictions for all.

We are now at the point where travel restrictions and curfews are inevitable, which is fucking annoying and was completely avoidable if it wasn't for a selfish minority that don't like being told what to do.

No one has any idea that if we'd had 100% following the 'simple guidelines' we'd be in any different situation than we are now. 

The facilities are all in place for people to shield so let them crack on. We can keep all the masks, sanitiser, screens etc and I think it's fair to ask people who have symptoms to self isolate (with financial support) but keeping families apart, ruining weddings, funerals, people missing their child's birth, the last moments of loved ones all has to stop and the powers taken back from the police. 

• Upvote 4

I think the "selfish minority" is a weak argument. The vast majority stuck to it.  What an incredibly blame culture society we bide in..... Medias fault 

Probably more to do with when you open up and testing a hell of a lot more (a body with the sniffles is apparently booking a test).  The whole thing is a shit show, 6 months down the line. 

Similarly my 90 odd year old grunny would probably rather take the risk and see her family than be locked up at home with nae visitors again for weeks on end. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, manboobs109 said:

No one has any idea that if we'd had 100% following the 'simple guidelines' we'd be in any different situation than we are now. 

The facilities are all in place for people to shield so let them crack on. We can keep all the masks, sanitiser, screens etc and I think it's fair to ask people who have symptoms to self isolate (with financial support) but keeping families apart, ruining weddings, funerals, people missing their child's birth, the last moments of loved ones all has to stop and the powers taken back from the police. 

I agree with this completely, I don't want tougher restrictions, trust me. All I want is to be able to pop over to my parents and see them indoors or outdoors when I want. In order to do this I have made a decision not to go to pubs, restaurants etc since pre March. I have also been following the rules throughout. Unfortunately it's looking increasingly likely that come next week I will not be able to see and support them.

I think it would be naive to think that we are where we are because people haven't broken the rules or are you suggesting the people following the guidance are the reason cases are increasing?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
2 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

I agree with this completely, I don't want tougher restrictions, trust me. All I want is to be able to pop over to my parents and see them indoors or outdoors when I want. In order to do this I have made a decision not to go to pubs, restaurants etc since pre March. I have also been following the rules throughout. Unfortunately it's looking increasingly likely that come next week I will not be able to see and support them.

I think it would be naive to think that we are where we are because people haven't broken the rules or are you suggesting the guidelines in place aren't helping?

Nice one Geoff.

7 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

I think it would be naive to think that we are where we are because people haven't broken the rules or are you suggesting the people following the guidance are the reason cases are increasing?

I'm saying they are increasing because we are returning to normal, as we should be. Its an infectious virus, it will spread between people, there is nothing that can be done about that now. All that can happen is slowing it down and it depends on your viewpoint whether you think slowing it down is worth the pain involved 

• Upvote 3