Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Coronavirus

Henry

Just now, manboobs109 said:

We certainly lead the world in drama queens, that's for sure. 

Really, I'd say America is far worse but both places mirror each other in a lot of ways.  The way of living in the UK is broken, has been for sometime, to many low level morons that lap up to governments that hate them, that play them every step of the way knowing that they'll get angry at the most backward things.

1 minute ago, minijc said:

Really, I'd say America is far worse but both places mirror each other in a lot of ways.  The way of living in the UK is broken, has been for sometime, to many low level morons that lap up to governments that hate them, that play them every step of the way knowing that they'll get angry at the most backward things.

You may be correct Mini. I blame social media. It's not good for humans. 

1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

Austerity mark 1 was a lie, a political excuse, a label to post notice to the people  not to expect public investment. Nobody started working less overnight. The productivity of the workers didn't change.

What did change in 2008 was that the fraudulent financial instruments started coming home to roost, as portrayed in the excellent film The Big Short. Given how compliantly we accepted that, this virus and the shutting of the economy and the scale of the borrowing is an extremely convenient forerunner of what is to come. 

An excellent film and the audacity of it is really something. That we've all seen it, we all know it, and we all accept it. Without so much as even a chuckie thrown at an establishment building. Pathetic. 

Just now, manboobs109 said:

You may be correct Mini. I blame social media. It's not good for humans. 

Social media is both good and bad.  I'd say having a government hell bent on destroying free thinking, keeping us all in the old way of thinking and working is far more damaging than social media.

As people we need to come together, stop with the division and make the governments change their ways, abolish the banks and abolish the schools.

Guest milne_afc
2 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Austerity mark 1 was a lie, a political excuse, a label to post notice to the people  not to expect public investment. Nobody started working less overnight. The productivity of the workers didn't change.

What did change in 2008 was that the fraudulent financial instruments started coming home to roost, as portrayed in the excellent film The Big Short. Given how compliantly we accepted that, this virus and the shutting of the economy and the scale of the borrowing is an extremely convenient forerunner of what is to come. 

There'll be some more very rich friends of Tories as a result of the industrial scale embezzlement going on right now. All done with almost zero resistance. 

5 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

No, it needs changed.

Your bitterness towards schools may be from your own failure there but had you been bright enough to go to university - before the days of Tony Blair where even the illiterate could get in - your critical thinking would have flourished. In tertiary education, unlike the rote learning that you couldn't even master, students are taught how to think, how to question, how to tackle problems. To do this, you need basic communication and language skills, which the majority don't have. 

I've got no bitterness towards schools, I didn't enjoy my time at school for various reasons, I also didn't apply myself enough because I didn't see the point.  I enjoyed a couple of classes, Modern Studies was my favourite because I had an excellent teacher that made it worthwhile.

As for going to university, I've looked at going a couple of times but I simply can't be arsed with it, I'd much rather work on what I've got and learn things at my own pace. 

3 minutes ago, minijc said:

I've got no bitterness towards schools, I didn't enjoy my time at school for various reasons, I also didn't apply myself enough because I didn't see the point.  I enjoyed a couple of classes, Modern Studies was my favourite because I had an excellent teacher that made it worthwhile.

As for going to university, I've looked at going a couple of times but I simply can't be arsed with it, I'd much rather work on what I've got and learn things at my own pace. 

'Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible.'

Rickover

4 minutes ago, Millertime said:

You're either on the epic fishing trip of a lifetime or you are the perfect example of what we are trying to say

The general public (you) are being brainwashed into shitting your pants over absolutely nothing 

Your mental health is taking a battering from it 

No it isn't, if anything since March my mental health has improved, some would even say that it has improved massively.

1 hour ago, rocket_scientist said:

I didn't understand one sentence in this apart from the last one.

Whatever financial shenanigans you're referring to, perhaps the collapse of the city and of Wall Street would be a good thing?

Then proper regulations to ensure non-repetition and then we live within our means? We are all making enough profits. It's just getting stolen and wasted by corrupt and inept governments. 

It was a tangent, using the analogy of leaving the EU. Suppose what I'm struggling to understand is why they must know they are fucking things over and not even by accident.

Or the only thing that matters is the lie of the day... and in the background feathering the nest by helping friends, friends with money. I'd guess next is put in Hunt, clean slate from all the fuck ups Sell the NHS.

12 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Seriously, this isn't for a laugh,  post a pic of you

I am convinced I know how you look based on your posts

Weird comment. You're way off too. Thanks for playing though. 

9 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

In your mind it's not. 

I respect your viewpoint and your stubbornness into justifying it but the current measures are not sustainable for much longer. When you have children im sure your opinion will change significantly from what it is now. 

Well how do we protect vulnerable people if we let the virus run at high levels in the general population? 

Weird comment on children too. What relevance is it? 

1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

How does having kids alter one's perspective on what the measures should or should not be?

I am sure it does for some. I just don't see any correlations.

There's none. It's a thing people say when they're unable or unwilling to articulate their point. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
Just now, Millertime said:

I thought it would have been obvious 

1) childcare

2) children not seeing their family, so affecting bonds

3) children not seeing friends, affecting their development 

4) children not being exposed to normal germs, affecting their immune development 

5) children not being able to stay with their granny, affecting my mood

All of those things can happen, ya dafty. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
2 minutes ago, Millertime said:

I thought it would have been obvious 

1) childcare

2) children not seeing their family, so affecting bonds

3) children not seeing friends, affecting their development 

4) children not being exposed to normal germs, affecting their immune development 

5) children not being able to stay with their granny, affecting my mood

6) children missing out on key extra curricular activities impacting their social skills, development and implentation of key life skills. 

5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Weird comment. You're way off too. Thanks for playing though. 

Well how do we protect vulnerable people if we let the virus run at high levels in the general population? 

Weird comment on children too. What relevance is it? 

There's none. It's a thing people say when they're unable or unwilling to articulate their point. 

Vulnerable people can continue to shield as they already do if they make that decision to. They're shielding as it is so why not allow the fit and healthy to get back to more of a normality. 

It's ignorance to think children aren't being impacted here Parky. You're blinkered in your viewpoint due to you not having to think about the repurcussions for children.