Coronavirus

Henry

Guest milne_afc

That's the groundwork laid for some meaningless restrictions tomorrow. 

I guess it'll be, 10pm national curfew, no mixed households, mandatory masks in all settings.

Waste of time imho. 

Edit: visits to care homes should be stopped immediately - only sensible measure I can think of. 

14 minutes ago, Zeus said:

50k cases a day says that complete gonk Whitty. Lovely bit of scaremongering 

No mixing households, continue to work though but just don't enjoy yourself 

50k isn't a scary number especially when it looks like we're closer to 30k a day right now instead of the reported 3800.

Guest milne_afc

50k cases/day equates to 200 deaths/day. 

We could live with that rate for over 800 years. That's without factoring a vaccine, improved treatments and evolution. 

#scamdemic

Guest milne_afc
Just now, StandFree1982 said:

England will be locked down. They've just got no clue what they're doing yet, hence the distraction with that pointless meeting today. 

I don't think so. Whitty said the virus is out there and basically irrepressible - just have to mitigate against mass spreading. 

They'll let public whip itself to a frenzy in the next 24hrs, fearing the worst, then set out some pretty weak restrictions - making Blojo look like a cool dude to middle Guffland. 

Guest milne_afc
1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

Great speech by Nicola just now. Talking to BlowJob next and is correctly looking for a 4-nations consistent package of measures. Nailed Gove and the lack of action in arranging a Cobra. I reckon the "package of measures" will not be full lockdown but may include compulsory masks, more protections for the vulnerable, fines for non-isolation and financial help for the isolating.

She said fines are a barrier to folk getting tested. More likely offering support for those asked to self isolate. 

1 minute ago, Sooper-hanz said:

That’s quite easy to live with .

piece of piss 

For some maybe. 

Shite for most folk i know. 

Pubs - doesn't overly bother my day to day life. Should stay open imo. Will hammer more jobs 

Households mixing - shite, I can't see my pals or family. Selfish but imagine most folk who have pals or with kids feel the same

5 mile limit - shite. Just sets off folk asking why you are there or folk being clypes. 

4 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

That’s quite easy to live with .

piece of piss 

Easy for you maybe Hanzoid but nae for all the bars and restaurants and shops going bust.

Which has a knock of effect to the whole economy, more unemployment, less folk spending cash in shops, folk nae moving house or buying cars etc

• Upvote 1
Just now, StandFree1982 said:

The problem with these figures is that the antibodies don't last forever. They last for at least 3 months, but that means that some of the people who have had it at the very beginning may be susceptible to it again very soon.  So some of those 8% will no longer have the antibodies.  

Indeed, this is why it's funny seeing everyone continually wank over herd immunity.