Coronavirus

Henry

8 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Just seen you scoff a few times over peoples' understanding.

you can meet your ma at the pub but not at home.

is it wrong to think that's strange? 

I know it's annoying reading it with cliches like 'worlds gone mad' etc 

Met the ?today ....half explained his Hamburger hill....??

Different world eh??

Heed nip at work?

Were smashing Winters asap?

Terry hall on da juker?

9 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Just seen you scoff a few times over peoples' understanding.

you can meet your ma at the pub but not at home.

is it wrong to think that's strange? 

I know it's annoying reading it with cliches like 'worlds gone mad' etc 

Ok, I get you, but the reasoning being given for this is that pubs, cafes etc are a controlled environment whereas the home is not. 

Apologies if it comes across as 'scoffing' but the reasoning has been explained countless times yet folk still come away with this argument. 

7 minutes ago, Misers Hill said:

Met the ?today ....half explained his Hamburger hill....??

Different world eh??

Heed nip at work?

Were smashing Winters asap?

Terry hall on da juker?

Haha what a life he leads eh? 3k on hookers, drink and drugs, he's a genius!!

Absolutely min, I've not been in since it opened, is the juker on?! 

Have een for me the night!

7 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:
5 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

More big darkies wanking in wardrobes at Hanz's mum's though

Less likely that El Hanzo will kiss his mum with tongues in a pub. 

6 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

?Loads of steaming teenagers and folk squeezing past to get to the bogs in your mas? 

:rolleyes: I gave you the reasoning  ( not my reasoning)  for the question asked and you reply with 'mum' jokes?

cool  

10 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Where do you think you're more likely to catch a virus Hanz?  Busy pub or quiet house?  Somewhere with dozens of people sharing facilities or somewhere with  2 or 3 people?  

Where do you think you're more likely to catch a virus, MhD? A controlled environment or an uncontrolled one? Somewhere where there are tangible measures  actively taken place or somewhere where there are not any?

11 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

This idea that if you are against lock down because you don't care about people is just a way of shutting down opposition. I'm against lock down because I do care about people and I see the harm these ludicrous rules are doing. 

Yep that's usually the wet blankets way of trying to come across as caring while putting deaths squarely on the shoulders of those who don't agree with the restrictions put in place.

While completely ignoring the fact that these restrictions lead to job losses, people losing businesses they've spent their whole lives building, the impact on mental illness, subsequent suicides, people getting pushed further towards poverty etc etc.

"Yeah but we'll support these people" is usually the token answer to prove their still all heart.... 

• Upvote 4
10 minutes ago, Quagmire said:

Yep that's usually the wet blankets way of trying to come across as caring while putting deaths squarely on the shoulders of those who don't agree with the restrictions put in place.

While completely ignoring the fact that these restrictions lead to job losses, people losing businesses they've spent their whole lives building, the impact on mental illness, subsequent suicides, people getting pushed further towards poverty etc etc.

"Yeah but we'll support these people" is usually the token answer to prove their still all heart.... 

Top reply. 

Total tunnel vision to corona. Complete load of nonsense 

"Protect the NHS!" 

9 hours ago, daytripping said:

Yep, totally agree. One of life's good guys, best poster on here. That pricks like ak and parkie get pleasure out of  trying to slag him only shows them up, weird behaviour against someone who never bothers anyone and provides great entertainment. @Jealous.

A racist scumbag, an alky and a guy with multiple personalities. Quite the trio. 

• Downvote 3
22 minutes ago, Quagmire said:

But it's not solely the restrictions that have led to that. It's the virus itself. Whether restrictions had been placed on some sectors or not, the impact of the virus would have likely decimated them. If the virus had become far more widespread, with far more people sick and far more people "isolating" economic output would've been just as harshly reduced. 

Plus, do you really think, that if the virus was at high levels everyone would be keen to go out for a meal or for a pint and risk getting it and subsequently having to take (potentially unpaid) time off work? 

I think we're now at a pretty reasonable point. We have kids in full time schooling (enabling their parents to work), the vast, vast majority of NHS services have resumed and we can go for a meal or a pint if we desire. 

I would liked to have had the 6 people from 2 households, which was only recently introduced, tried for longer. With the harsher restrictions continuing in the west of Scotland where they have been in place for the past couple of weeks.

I appreciate that many will disagree with all that and think we should have different things in place but I think the focus on keeping schools open and an NHS as close to fully functioning as possible are the right ones.

I do agree with you that saying people don't care about others if they are against some of the restrictions is right. That's not helpful. Just like calling folk "wet blankets" if they do agree with restrictions isn't helpful. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2