Coronavirus

Henry

3 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Why the fuck would anyone ask you to define anything?

Go on then. Let's hear why people who have different political views to you must be part of a "cult"?

Debate you want? Maybe start by a few short sentences of what you believe in?

Why are Churchill and Johnson worthy of your respect might be a start? Then you can follow that by telling us why Scotland should not be independent?

It was you who asked me!!!!! ????

• Downvote 3

38 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Cult members out in force, it really isn't worth it. Flu has a vaccine Covid doesn't, Flu will still kill more Worldwide this year and next, then the next, Cancer will kill way more than them both. There's no point debating with people who have a political ideology behind what they're saying.

Someone asked me to define what is the cult about a week ago, even this board is proof of it, no matter what happens the nats must be defended.

Flu kills 250,000 - 500,000 worldwide annually, COVID-19 is over 1,000,000 deaths in less than a year.

Don’t need to be a member of a cult to know that you spout lies and are full of shit.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1
9 minutes ago, Ohjimmyjimmy said:

Flu kills 250,000 - 500,000 worldwide annually, COVID-19 is over 1,000,000 deaths in less than a year.

Don’t need to be a member of a cult to know that you spout lies and are full of shit.

Seriously, haha. Really not worth it. Jesus, I think I've bumped into the thickest people in the World then come on here and get astounded.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
2 hours ago, daytripping said:

Flu is more serious than covid, do some basic research min. Flu will keep a young healthy person in bed for a few days, covid doesn't. To those under 80 with no pre existing conditions it's virtually harmless. Look at the hospital admissions and ICU admissions for any proof you need. 

Can you tell us what the Infection Fatality Proportion is of the common cold, seasonal influenza and covid 19?

Question isn't just for daytripping but is open to all the its nothing side of the argument @Millertime  @NEM  @maryhilldon

Anyone?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2
1 hour ago, rocket_scientist said:

Why the fuck would anyone ask you to define anything?

Go on then. Let's hear why people who have different political views to you must be part of a "cult"?

Debate you want? Maybe start by a few short sentences of what you believe in?

Why are Churchill and Johnson worthy of your respect might be a start? Then you can follow that by telling us why Scotland should not be independent?

Ive sat in a pool for a while,im taking a ?dayts m8 ..??

Just on your incessant ??war theme...(obviously ur up to speed now with Monty earlier, ?)?

Distinguished  WW2 General...Quoted this .???

Can you name him???

Quite apt in our modern mad world ...

"

No bastard ever won a war ...dying for his country....he won it....buy making the other poor bastard die for his.....

"

??

If its got a 1 to 4 % mortality rate, as claimed above, why have only a handful of people died from it in the last couple of months? 

As explained in the BBC article linked this week it basically doubles your chance of dying. If you have a very low chance you'll stiil have a low chance, if you have a high chance it'll speed it up. 

Whether it's worth destroying the economy, ruining lives and giving up basic human rights to slow that down depends on your point of view but its a fact that it exists now, will always be among us and will always be killing people so at some point we'll need to accept that and carry on with life. 

17 minutes ago, Zeus said:

It's all about Covid moobs, come on now. 

Doesn't matter if your terminally ill with Cancer or have had a life changing accident. 

Close everything, doesn't matter about folks livelihood.

NHS services are getting back to normal. Pretending Covid isn't a problem would just lead to them all being shut again (like it did the first time around). Do you think that's the best way forward? 

I find it absolutely mental how folk cannot see that the restrictions are the only thing that keep businesses open and protect folks livelihoods.

If Covid prevalence is allowed to get out of control in the general population then there'll not be enough healthy Drs to treat people, no one will be going to pubs, schools will be shut, etc. 

Honest to fuck man. ?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

NHS services are getting back to normal. Pretending Covid isn't a problem would just lead to them all being shut again (like it did the first time around). Do you think that's the best way forward? 

I find it absolutely mental how folk cannot see that the restrictions are the only thing that keep businesses open and protect folks livelihoods.

If Covid prevalence is allowed to get out of control in the general population then there'll not be enough healthy Drs to treat people, no one will be going to pubs, schools will be shut, etc. 

Honest to fuck man. ?

Parky, the vast majority of people are asymptomatic or have a very mild form. They also won't all suffer from it at the same time. You have this mental idea that everyone would all be confined to bed at the same time, it's just nonsense. 

Not enough healthy doctors? Cmon eh? 

4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Honest to fuck man. ?

That's not what I'm saying Parky. I was clearly being sarcastic. 

Have measures in place for Covid, aye.  

The furlough or economic help folk are getting is fine, but come on now their is a chain reaction and the help only goes so far. Owner of a Belmont cinema earlier on radio Scotland explained this well. 

Actually fuck it, canna be fucked even arguing back more. Shut everything, protect the NHS, save life's. ?

8 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Honest to fuck man. ?

So how have Sweden managed to keep everything open with softer restrictions than ourselves and yet they not only have enough healthy Doctors to treat everyone, hardly any of those are COVID patients nowadays? 

Just now, manboobs109 said:

Parky, the vast majority of people are asymptomatic or have a very mild form. They also won't all suffer from it at the same time. You have this mental idea that everyone would all be confined to bed at the same time, it's just nonsense. 

Not enough healthy doctors? Cmon eh? 

No, I don't have that "mental idea" at all. You've just shown you haven't actually understood what I've said. if virus prevalence is at say 10% of the population, then that's a huge number of people unable to work at any one time. Or do you want people at their work with mild symptoms and spreading it? 

You're expecting young, healthy people (drs, carers, those who care for relatives, cleaners, cooks, etc) all who have to come in to contact with the elderly and vulnerable people who this does badly impact to live in a society with high virus prevalence? How do we "protect the vulnerable" when people who look after them are living in such a place. 

Take for example Family X - Family X are a couple with 2 kids (aged 12 and 14), the father in the family is also primary carer for his elderly parents. In order to "protect the vulnerable", do both working parents have to stop working and the kids stop going to school? Or do we just let them go about as normal, in society with high virus prevalence, while also caring for the elderly relatives? 

• Downvote 2
5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

No, I don't have that "mental idea" at all. You've just shown you haven't actually understood what I've said. if virus prevalence is at say 10% of the population, then that's a huge number of people unable to work at any one time. Or do you want people at their work with mild symptoms and spreading it? 

You're expecting young, healthy people (drs, carers, those who care for relatives, cleaners, cooks, etc) all who have to come in to contact with the elderly and vulnerable people who this does badly impact to live in a society with high virus prevalence? How do we "protect the vulnerable" when people who look after them are living in such a place. 

Take for example Family X - Family X are a couple with 2 kids (aged 12 and 14), the father in the family is also primary carer for his elderly parents. In order to "protect the vulnerable", do both working parents have to stop working and the kids stop going to school? Or do we just let them go about as normal, in society with high virus prevalence, while also caring for the elderly relatives? 

When you say caring do you mean personal care? That's usually done by professional carers who could be tested regularly if we stopped bothering testing every kid with the sniffles and their families. If it's just getting shopping, tuning the telly and paying bills etc that can all be done with distancing, magic masks etc. I'm not allowed anyone into my home at the moment so don't moan about the elderly and sick being excluded from society. 

Just now, manboobs109 said:

When you say caring do you mean personal care? That's usually done by professional carers who could be tested regularly if we stopped bothering testing every kid with the sniffles and their families. If it's just getting shopping, tuning the telly and paying bills etc that can all be done with distancing, magic masks etc. I'm not allowed anyone into my home at the moment so don't moan about the elderly and sick being excluded from society. 

You are allowed in someone's home in a caring capacity and someone is allowed to come in to care for you. I have to do it all the time, I know. Showing you don't have a clue, yet again. 

Youre happy to have Covid positive people (which is the implication of having a high virus prevalence, that's what will happen) in the homes of vulnerable people and helping look after them? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

You are allowed in someone's home in a caring capacity and someone is allowed to come in to care for you. I have to do it all the time, I know. Showing you don't have a clue, yet again. 

Youre happy to have Covid positive people (which is the implication of having a high virus prevalence, that's what will happen) in the homes of vulnerable people and helping look after them? 

Parky, get to fuck with your 'don't have a clue' chat.  I wasn't talking about care and you know that. 

13 hours ago, Reed or deed said:

At the peak during March and April, normal admittance figures for intensive care wards was exceeded by 46% in Scotland alone.

Dont forget this was when everybody was being locked at home.

Why are you limiting it to UK hospitals?

Admittance being higher than normal doesn't mean they were bursting at the seams.  bursting at the seams implies they were close to being over run which wasn't the case.

I live in the UK why would I concern myself with other countries?

9 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Parky, get to fuck with your 'don't have a clue' chat.  I wasn't talking about care and you know that. 

Well how do we "protect the vulnerable" Like you keep banging on about? We'll need mountains more carers as family members won't be able to do it at all (unless they also isolate their entire family from society).  

You've wittered on about "protect the vulnerable" and let everyone get on with it for months. So you must have a plan on how to do it. Elaborate. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
10 hours ago, Ohjimmyjimmy said:

?

Course it is.

They've been continually lying about figures over the course of the pandemic - if you believe it's killed that many seek help.

• Downvote 1
7 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Well how do we "protect the vulnerable" Like you keep banging on about? We'll need mountains more carers as family members won't be able to do it at all (unless they also isolate their entire family from society).  

You've wittered on about "protect the vulnerable" and let everyone get on with it for months. So you must have a plan on how to do it. Elaborate. 

You've asked me that before and I've answered it, you just choose to ignore me.

43 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Honest to fuck man. ?

They could have stayed as normal the whole time. 67 million pound hospital not even touched. 

29 minutes ago, minijc said:

Sweden are doing so well that they are looking to bring in some restrictions which are in line with other European countries.

Here he goes, Dr Doom ?

Are they?  Which restrictions?  Few articles I've read lately have Sweden almost back at normal.  Barely anyone in hospital with it (28 in Stockholm and surrounding area out of 2.4 million population).

Massive over reaction here but they've went too far with it now to admit they fucked it and the sheep who blindly lapped it up don't want to admit they've been had.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
1 minute ago, DelMonte said:

They could have stayed as normal the whole time. 67 million pound hospital not even touched. 

It's currently being used to help with the backlog in other areas and remains available should it be needed to deal with Covid in future. 

A relatively tiny investment investment in the grand scheme of things. Well worth it. 

2 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

You've asked me that before and I've answered it, you just choose to ignore me.

Can you link it to me please? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2