Coronavirus

Henry

22 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

The Doublewood 12 yr old is the best pound for pound whisky in the world and been my favourite for a while now. I get it for £36. Carribean Cask was very cheap in Sainsbury's recently so restocked on that. Wouldn't advise the 17 yr old. Treated myself to a bottle in December, first time I'd tasted it, very gorgeous but can't justify the cost. 

My local has the 14 year old for £3.50 a nip! The biggest bargain in booze. 

5 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

You could’ve been picking fruit all summer but chose not to.

Funny enough I was speaking to a guy on Tuesday, caddie at the Old Course, who picked Strawberries for 4 months over the summer. Sounded brutal, hard fucking work, but he was clearing £400 to £500 a week with overtime. The situation on the Berry farms was very different to how it was portrayed by the tories/papers

6 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Funny enough I was speaking to a guy on Tuesday, caddie at the Old Course, who picked Strawberries for 4 months over the summer. Sounded brutal, hard fucking work, but he was clearing £400 to £500 a week with overtime. The situation on the Berry farms was very different to how it was portrayed by the tories/papers

A 4 month summer? When did this happen?

How the fuck can small businesses contemplate paying 55% of an employees wages for 33% of their hours? 

Given employees are only working 33% of their hours, does this not also suggest that production and in most cases, sales and margins are down by a relative percentage.

So, in a lot of respects, it will actually be costing an employer/business owner to operate, rather than making profit.

Can’t see that trending myself.

25 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

How the fuck can small businesses contemplate paying 55% of an employees wages for 33% of their hours? 

Given employees are only working 33% of their hours, does this not also suggest that production and in most cases, sales and margins are down by a relative percentage.

So, in a lot of respects, it will actually be costing an employer/business owner to operate, rather than making profit.

Can’t see that trending myself.

Is a strange one. How does the maths work out if someone works 50% of their hours, does government pay 1/6 of the remaining 50%? How much would business have to pay?

All over my head but hopefully it keeps some folk in a job.

2 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

Also very true. It's why I insisted my family NEVER buy me anything anytime, birthdays or Xmas. 

Im the same. I sound like a right miserable bastard saying ‘dont get me anything’ every year to everyone. The missus cant help herself tho so i waste my breath. Tbf the last few years she gets us both a weekend away in a nice hotel so fair doos. No more fucking aftershave please. 

5 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

I keep getting asked what I want for my birthday. It’s a significant milestone one but I can’t honestly think of anything to suggest. Trying hard to think of something you want actually never turns out to be something you actually need. 

Just ask for flight(s) somewhere.

holidays are the best gifts 

5 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

The night of the Bayern game about 12 years ago, we snorted over a grand's worth (at street value, I wasn't paying, my mate was dealing). I got bored of it and didn't bother after 3/4 a.m. Not worth doing these days. CTF. Cut te fuck and shit quality. 

Rare to find a supplier of good quality but they are out there.

A lot of muck though.