Coronavirus

Henry

28 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Of course we can't but your idea of inflicting absolute long term misery on 1 million people in the UK (that was roughly the number who shielded) and still not actually protecting them doesn't seem the best way forward to me. 

Furlough would've never been required wholesale like it was if we'd taken the virus seriously from the off. I agree, that's not a good strategy, it was however necessary back in March. 

It wouldn't provide adequate protection though IMO. We'll have to agree to disagree. 

I don't want to sacrifice those things either. I don't think we had to either, if folk would have greater respect and comply with the guidelines that were in place. That wasn't happening and now we've got harsher restrictions because the virus has spread again. 

Ive been following the guidelines and I'm being deprived of those things now. So you can imagine that I'm pretty pissed off about it. 

We're already developing effective treatments to treat those with acute cases. As we learn more about the virus we'll develop/discover more, We'll better understand the long term impact of it and hopefully we'll get a breakthrough that either 1) gives immunity or 2) reduces the effect of it on people.

I don't think we'll agree on much about all of this and I don't think either of us are likely to change the others opinion, so I'd say it's best for me to leave it there. 

You're the most boring person in the World, after reading that I almost lost the will to live and wanted to catch a deadly virus. Have you ever seen a naked woman?

I see why you attack the likes of Manboobs, Bluto, cheese, me, you're jealous, you aspire to be like us. Not having a go at all, you have youth on your side, you might get there one day. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3
57 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

The naked woman line was hilarious. I would give you a +1 for that alone if I could but it's against my religion, given your situation and all.

I don't think you belong in any group with those posters however. And I'm totally certain that punklife doesn't aspire to anything that remotely touches you. Be comfortable in your own skin. Everyone is an individual. We are not defined by our tribe nor the history of the tribe we think we belong to. See Doug Stanhope and jew jew jew jew jew and ape ape ape ape ape. 

I like nice people, those I mentioned are great people, could mention a load more, your milnes, poodlers, misers, redstars, nems, boofs, henrys, you as well rocket, loads more. Can't be doing with nasty people though, live and let live, just don't be a prick.

Got my bingo card out for his reply, lol. 

8 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

All this chat about students is fucking disgraceful. Leitch threatening them that they my not see their folks at Christmas now. How have we got to a point where perfectly healthy young people are getting blamed for catching a virus that they don't even notice they have? 

Leitch didn't threaten that, Matt Hancock did though.

1 minute ago, manboobs109 said:

Well it was just reported on the radio he did. Separate households and if the restrictions are the same at Christmas they won't be able to mix, the same as any other households. 

When asked about potential plans for Christmas, he said:

"I’m worried about people going to areas with infection and coming back with infection, not just for Christmas but for weekends, for perhaps special events at home.

"I would like them to think very very carefully about weekends at home, and think about how they can make that as safe as they can.

"I think we’ll have to take a view, in the next couple of months, about what we do at Christmas time.

"I think asking everyone to stay in their halls of residence for the two week holiday period over christmas is unrealistic, but we will have to put in place something that helps us keep safe.

"Christmas is going to be a difficult period to live with covid, so we’re going to have to think very carefully across the world and across the UK about how we do that."

7 hours ago, daytripping said:

I like nice people, those I mentioned are great people, could mention a load more, your milnes, poodlers, misers, redstars, nems, boofs, henrys, you as well rocket, loads more. Can't be doing with nasty people though, live and let live, just don't be a prick.

Got my bingo card out for his reply, lol. 

From the nastiest piece of work on here, that's quite the ridiculous post. 

• Downvote 2
45 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

All this chat about students is fucking disgraceful. Leitch threatening them that they my not see their folks at Christmas now. How have we got to a point where perfectly healthy young people are getting blamed for catching a virus that they don't even notice they have? 

I'll be completely ignoring that if I'm home in Aberdeen for Christmas. 

I am bloody sick of all this balls they are coming out with.  Surely the PCR test is nae up to it.  Even the inventor of it said many times before his death it would not be suitable for what they are using it for.  i just try and avoid all news.  Anything i do hear is off this thread.

One of my mates said deaths in houses were way up.  Probably due to the fear driven into older people.  I am disgusted at seeing so many of them struggling walking with masks on.  Its awful.

19 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Christmas is 3 months away. What kind of fanny even asks that question just now? 

Normally I'd agree with you Parky but for a lot of people you start saving for it, buying tickets home, generally looking forward to it now. It's reasonable in the circumstances to ask the question. I'm fucking skint and have no idea if I'm going to be working or not at Christmas so I'm planning on getting the nippers stuff shortly. Wanting to know if you are going to be allowed family round is fair enough. 

7 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Normally I'd agree with you Parky but for a lot of people you start saving for it, buying tickets home, generally looking forward to it now. It's reasonable in the circumstances to ask the question. I'm fucking skint and have no idea if I'm going to be working or not at Christmas so I'm planning on getting the nippers stuff shortly. Wanting to know if you are going to be allowed family round is fair enough. 

In the grand scheme of things though... you're saving for Christmas regardless of whether you can have 15 folk round for Christmas dinner or not. 

• Downvote 2
2 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Lighten up. Have you ever seen a naked woman, when delivered from adult to adult was inspired. It is good to celebrate infantilism in humour occasionally. There's a great quote that I can't remember right now about the importance of retaining the child within us. It'll come back to me. 

We're all waiting with baited breath RS.