Coronavirus

Henry

32 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Because he's the one who came up with their strategy, so he's obviously going to say it's working brilliantly. Surely you can see he's not an impartial judge? 

Aren’t you the one that scoffs at anyone not taking expert advice? I’m not even going to look into this guy but I presume he’s not some Joe Bloggs off the street. And even if he is, his strategy seems to be less damaging than those you blindly follow. Make up your mind Parkie boy. You dive in with such an opinionated, self righteous view with a sprinkle of arrogance, at least be consistent in your approach.   

• Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, KingswellsRed said:

Nicola only seems to employ pro lockdown advisers.

Not actually sure they get much say, they're obviously nat supporters and will back her no matter what but it's pretty clear she makes the decisions. She's backed the wrong horse and is too far down the road to admit it now, instead of learning from other Countries we're reduced to closing pubs an hour early and keeping families apart.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2
4 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Not actually sure they get much say, they're obviously nat supporters and will back her no matter what but it's pretty clear she makes the decisions. She's backed the wrong horse and is too far down the road to admit it now, instead of learning from other Countries we're reduced to closing pubs an hour early and keeping families apart.

She is the First Minister

27 minutes ago, Quagmire said:

Aren’t you the one that scoffs at anyone not taking expert advice? I’m not even going to look into this guy but I presume he’s not some Joe Bloggs off the street. And even if he is, his strategy seems to be less damaging than those you blindly follow. Make up your mind Parkie boy. You dive in with such an opinionated, self righteous view with a sprinkle of arrogance, at least be consistent in your approach.   

No. He's Sweden's leading epidemiologist. The one who's credited as being chiefly responsible for their strategy.

In this conversation, if you read it properly, I'm not questioning his strategy nor his qualifications. I'm questioning whether the person who devised a strategy is the best person to be critiquing that very strategy. 

The article is entitled:

"Sweden's 'consistent approach to restrictions' saved it from second wave, expert says"

It contains quotes from solely the man who devised the strategy Sweden is following. It'd be like having Jason Leitch claiming Scotland's strategy is doing great. 

Anyway, I realise that it's irrelevant what I actually say and the most important thing is that it is me who is saying it. Hence why both you and Dayts are unable to read and understand what's been said in my posts. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2
20 minutes ago, daytripping said:

She's no better qualified than you and me hanz, she's an expert in nothing bar public speaking.

Well, maybe Im too trusting, My impression of her is of someone trying to do the best for her country. . She's being advised by a team of economists and health experts etc.., . Ultimately she makes the final judgement based on what the experts all her. That's her job. Time will tell whether she has handled it well or not but the uniqueness of the situation is the major factor in this and I for one don't envy her task. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
49 minutes ago, Parklife said:

No. He's Sweden's leading epidemiologist. The one who's credited as being chiefly responsible for their strategy.

In this conversation, if you read it properly, I'm not questioning his strategy nor his qualifications. I'm questioning whether the person who devised a strategy is the best person to be critiquing that very strategy. 

The article is entitled:

"Sweden's 'consistent approach to restrictions' saved it from second wave, expert says"

It contains quotes from solely the man who devised the strategy Sweden is following. It'd be like having Jason Leitch claiming Scotland's strategy is doing great. 

Anyway, I realise that it's irrelevant what I actually say and the most important thing is that it is me who is saying it. Hence why both you and Dayts are unable to read and understand what's been said in my posts. 

Where's the experts quote that says anything like the title of the article? He didn't write it. He actually goes out of his way to say it might be the wrong strategy, it's clearly you who isn't reading and understanding it. You've made an arse of it actually.

• Upvote 1
37 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Well, maybe Im too trusting, My impression of her is of someone trying to do the best for her country. . She's being advised by a team of economists and health experts etc.., . Ultimately she makes the final judgement based on what the experts all her. That's her job. Time will tell whether she has handled it well or not but the uniqueness of the situation is the major factor in this and I for one don't envy her task. 

She's letting her political views get in the way of things. She could have easily locked down Glasgow properly like she did in Aberdeen but is now saying it's due to her not being in control of the purse strings that she can't, utter bollocks. Furlough is still in place, the lock down would now be nearly over if she acted in a consistent manner. Health experts should be doing the decisions, government should be advising them on the financial side of what is possible. She's showing herself up to be inept, not even travel restrictions in Glasgow, that wouldn't have cost anything, we had them here during our lockdown (for a handful of cases). She's looking after her voting heartland, even the most blinkered must see that. Would be uproar in Glasgow with an Aberdeen style lockdown and she knows it.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1