Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Coronavirus

Henry

1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

You should wise the fuck up. You are getting it so wrong. Nobody on the planet thinks that I give a fuck about any poster's opinion of me on here. It doesn't put money in my pocket. I don't PM any cunt. I don't want to meet anyone from here. I will slag EVERY post I don't agree with, whoever posts it. You're clutching at straws having failed at strawman's. This started because YOU had a problem with me agreeing with others. You called it arselicking. What fucking ever. Grow up or go fuck yourself. 

I understand what you mean, but if you clearly analysis it. You’re wrong on this occasion. 

7 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

Nice speech dayts. I think you've possibly got too many halcyon memories though. For the record, I know 4 or 5 posters on this site outwith this site, posters with considerable years posting (although two don't post no more, both excellent humans). If you and whoever connected big enough, you'd still be in touch. 

Anyone else read that with Trump's voice in mind ?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
9 hours ago, Millertime said:

I am surprised you find it boring

A humans surge capacity is on those occasions when we have a real threat, we are able to operate beyond our normal, everyday capabilities 

If a car fell on your child, you would from somewhere summon the strength to lift the car off them

Generally speaking, risk or danger only lasts a short time,  but what with this fucking shit show hanging over us for 9 months and counting,  people have been operating at their surge capacity for so long that they are now crashing in a major way

This could be what is leading to higher cases,  as people are so fucking exhausted and run down that their immune systems are compromised 

Well, there has been some shite spoken on this thread. There is some amount of shite spoken on this forum in general, but this takes the biscuit.

People operating on their surge capacity for so long is leading to more cases ??????

• Like 1
8 hours ago, daytripping said:

Parkie loves a minus, sad cunt.

You've just made that up, haven't you? 

7 hours ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Yeah. That'll definitely happen... 

35 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

1 million breast screenings now missed due to covid nonsense. That will cost thousands of lives and lives of younger people 

Rescheduled, I think you mean. Not ideal, that's for sure. Taking the virus more seriously earlier, rather than letting it spiral out of control, would've enabled the UK to keep other health services going and mean this hadn't happened. 

We've been failed by our leaders. 

• Downvote 1
9 hours ago, Millertime said:

The last paragraph about it potentially being the reason for immune systems being down

I cant even remember typing that, I was half watching sportscene at the time and was on auto pilot on here 

Is there a direct link between using adrenaline and the weakening of your immune system?

i feel like that's a lot of joining the dots. People are exhausted after 9 months of doing physically less than ever before . I don't believe that at all 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Rescheduled, I think you mean. Not ideal, that's for sure. 

Rescheduled lsnt good enough. It should never have been stopped. Brutal for cancer patients. 

A bit less serious for me but still I've been told "you probably won't be seen for the foreseeable" 

Protect the NHS! 

1 hour ago, Poodler said:

Is there a direct link between using adrenaline and the weakening of your immune system?

I suffer some adrenal fatigue as a result of road cycling 40km daily while sharing the road with muppets and cunts.

It contributes to inflammation flare up, and presumably some immune system weakening, but lets face it, whether its lockdown blues or daily road rage these environmental conditions are not akin to being battle scarred and shell shocked on the eastern front back in 1941

excess cortisol release, innit   

Outside of normal daily fluctuation, cortisol also turns on in response to stress.  Emotions like fear, disgust, and anger trigger immediate cortisol release.

You also release cortisol when you feel threatened, whether the threat is real (a snake in front of you) or hypothetical (thinking you’ll be fired from your job).

Once released, cortisol does its job by binding to the glucocorticoid receptor, a nuclear receptor found in most cells throughout your body.

https://perfectketo.com/cortisol/

55 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Rescheduled lsnt good enough. It should never have been stopped. Brutal for cancer patients. 

A bit less serious for me but still I've been told "you probably won't be seen for the foreseeable" 

Protect the NHS! 

Indeed. If we'd had the "protect the NHS" mantra 2 months earlier, we could've avoided all these issues. 

Ive got close family Going through different stages of cancer treatment, so know well how it's affecting people. 

6 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I don't agree that we should've "done a Sweden". I think we should've locked down even sooner than March 13th when I tweeted that we should have already been, which was ten days before we did.

Harder earlier and testing properly (including at airports) would've made a major impact on transmission when it was at its most dangerous. Then it could've been managed and measured out of sooner with less pain instead of wrecking the economy and millions of people's health and lives. 

Do you think that if we went "harder earlier" that we would be in the same current situation as we are at present - i..e back in lock down with limits on opening times, household contact etc.?  Or do yo think we would be back open for business and nearing "normal again"?

Personally I don't think that would be the case unfortunately.

• Downvote 1
42 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I don't agree that we should've "done a Sweden". I think we should've locked down even sooner than March 13th when I tweeted that we should have already been, which was ten days before we did.

Harder earlier and testing properly (including at airports) would've made a major impact on transmission when it was at its most dangerous. Then it could've been managed and measured out of sooner with less pain instead of wrecking the economy and millions of people's health and lives. 

I've got my own, fairly unusual, ideas about international travel that would certainly have helped in this case. Unfortunately I'm alone in my thoughts on this one. 

1 minute ago, manboobs109 said:

The kind of thing that happens when there's no logical and coherent strategy. 

The worst government in my lifetime by a long way. Featuring a cabinet picked not based on their capabilities but solely on their pro-Brexit stance. Little wonder they're a shambles. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
43 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I've no idea where we would be now. All I know is that the countries that did go hard and early are in a whole lot better position than the UK. The South Korea health minister on Marr told us what to do. As did the WHO. We did the opposite. 

39 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Imagine that you have mentioned this previously, but what job and industry do you work in? 

Why do I ask, well there is not a company/organisation who have not made stupid decisions somewhere along the line - granted Aberdeen City Council has their fair share of blunders but somehow these incompetent leaders keep on getting voted in as others prefer to moan like fuck about it as opposed to actually doing something about it.

• Downvote 1
15 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Imagine that you have mentioned this previously, but what job and industry do you work in? 

Why do I ask, well there is not a company/organisation who have not made stupid decisions somewhere along the line - granted Aberdeen City Council has their fair share of blunders but somehow these incompetent leaders keep on getting voted in as others prefer to moan like fuck about it as opposed to actually doing something about it.

Because folk just blindly vote for Labour / SNP / Tories whoever regardless of who the spastic councillor is.

• Upvote 1
28 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

This fits my bill too: -

Why are you trying to engage with me? There are hundreds of other posters you could address. Why me?

Did you forget that you've been gratuitously attacking me for the last 2/3 days? Or were you hoping I would forget? Did you forget that you just -1 bombed every post of mine? Did you think I really cared? Did you forget that you complained that this was a fitba forum, not a debating club?

Are you confused? Fresh from complaining about how bad my posts are, you've spent most of your time in the last couple of hours trying to get me to post more? Weirdo. 

Nice deflection.  Are you going to answer my question or not?

• Downvote 1