Jump to content
manboobs109

Coronavirus

Bebo

Download the Android and iOS contact tracing app, Test & Protect.

test-protect.png

Message added by Bebo

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, minijc said:

It's been said from early on, even by the scientists and doctors I don't agree with that to achieve herd immunity you need a vaccine of some sort.

Presume you'll be first in line for an untested vaccine?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NEM said:

Presume you'll be first in line for an untested vaccine?  

Absolutely not, I don't trust it nor do I want it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, minijc said:

It's been said from early on, even by the scientists and doctors I don't agree with that to achieve herd immunity you need a vaccine of some sort.

How can you be so sure that you are qualified to dispute what scientists and doctors are saying?

Yes we know that there is no consensus across science and medicine on many issues but what specifically are the ones you are referring to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, NEM said:

It gives creedence to the Irish fellows theory that having let the virus spread amongst the population with minimal measures, it has run its course as any flu-type virus would. Its higher death rate attributed to a milder flu season in 2019 and an exposed care sector.
While the rest of us are fannying about with lockdowns and 'rules of six' we're merely prolonging the agony whilst we wait for enough of the population pass it around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry my bad. You said already.

You're saying that herd immunity is impossible without a vaccine. I think what Patrick Vallance was saying six months ago was based on other viruses, that once you've had it, you will be immune. It was therefore desirable for lots to get infected is how I interpreted him back then, before the first (and biggest) of their many U-turns. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

How can you be so sure that you are qualified to dispute what scientists and doctors are saying?

Yes we know that there is no consensus across science and medicine on many issues but what specifically are the ones you are referring to?

I'm not qualified, never said that I was but I've got plenty of time to research what I read or hear then form an opinion that way.  The research includes going in to the background of the scientists or doctors, that's why it was pretty easy to spot Sikora a mile off, reading in to his past was fun.  Now that doesn't mean I (we) should dismiss absolutely everything he says but the main bulk of what he's been say has been rubbish and the timing of it has been interesting as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Sorry my bad. You said already.

You're saying that herd immunity is impossible without a vaccine. I think what Patrick Vallance was saying six months ago was based on other viruses, that once you've had it, you will be immune. It was therefore desirable for lots to get infected is how I interpreted him back then, before the first (and biggest) of their many U-turns. 

He said at the time you'd need 60% of the population to get infected, last time any data came out just under 6% in the UK was showing anti bodies, granted that was a couple of months ago now, so with needing 60% to achieve a form of Herd immunity so we'd need 10-12 waves of this to hit for it to be effective, assuming governments have learned some lessons you'd hope there would be less deaths but then as history shows, mainly looking at the deaths from the Spanish flu the second wave was even worse than the first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There goes a dig at the government and her lack of borrowing powers and the furlough scheme ending, this covid update that her supporters say isn't political.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, minijc said:

 

LOL

 

Good.  Pity it wasn't 0% as that'd be an end to the entire sham.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, minijc said:

He said at the time you'd need 60% of the population to get infected, last time any data came out just under 6% in the UK was showing anti bodies, granted that was a couple of months ago now, so with needing 60% to achieve a form of Herd immunity so we'd need 10-12 waves of this to hit for it to be effective, assuming governments have learned some lessons you'd hope there would be less deaths but then as history shows, mainly looking at the deaths from the Spanish flu the second wave was even worse than the first.

I remember that 60% figure, you're right. This was the same time as BlowJob went on TV telling Schofe that we should "take it on the chin".

Jacinda and Trump publicly ridiculed the concept of herd immunity so the scientific advice they were getting in NZ and the US was obviously totally different to what Vallance and Whitty were giving out at that time. Before they U-turned on this and every other thing, the airports being an amazingly stupid omission.

Which goes back to what most of us suspected all along, that the governance from day one has been totally incompetent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NEM said:

Good.  Pity it wasn't 0% as that'd be an end to the entire sham.

HAHA ffs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, minijc said:

HAHA ffs

The pandemic is over mate don't you watch the news?  What we have now is a casedemic.  No more testing, no more cases.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NEM said:

The pandemic is over mate don't you watch the news?  What we have now is a casedemic.  No more testing, no more cases.

 

 

So when loads of people die, who is at fault?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, minijc said:

So when loads of people die, who is at fault?

Hardly anyone's dying from it now hence why they report cases instead.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NEM said:

Hardly anyone's dying from it now hence why they report cases instead.   

So that means no one will die of it in the future as more and more become infected with it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, minijc said:

So that means no one will die of it in the future as more and more become infected with it?

Here's some news for you mate and you might want to sit down before reading it.........

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

People die every day!  We're all going to die at some point.  Until then I'd like to live please, not hide away from a dose of the sniffles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, minijc said:

So that means no one will die of it in the future as more and more become infected with it?

You've lost me. I have no idea what arguments you are presenting and I have no idea what you're actually saying.

I accept that this will be mostly my fault but you don't make it easy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NEM said:

People die every day!  We're all going to die at some point.  Until then I'd like to live please, not hide away from a dose of the sniffles.

I broadly agree with all your sentiments but you misrepresent the insidious effects of Covid-19 on a small number of people. It hits not just the respiratory functions but it goes way beyond breathing, the full extent of which is as yet unknown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, minijc said:

So that means no one will die of it in the future as more and more become infected with it?

Folk get knocked down by a bus ffs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

You've lost me. I have no idea what arguments you are presenting and I have no idea what you're actually saying.

I accept that this will be mostly my fault but you don't make it easy!

NEM wants to stop the testing and get right back to normal, that's fine, lets just pretend the virus doesn't exist and that it doesn't impact many people.  If we drop the testing and pretend covid isn't a thing, who/what is to blame when the NHS starts to struggle due to the demands of the sick?  Who/what is to blame when there's thousands more excess deaths?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I broadly agree with all your sentiments but you misrepresent the insidious effects of Covid-19 on a small number of people. It hits not just the respiratory functions but it goes way beyond breathing, the full extent of which is as yet unknown.

Yes but you can't halt life for everyone because of a few outliers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, minijc said:

NEM wants to stop the testing and get right back to normal, that's fine, lets just pretend the virus doesn't exist and that it doesn't impact many people.  If we drop the testing and pretend covid isn't a thing, who/what is to blame when the NHS starts to struggle due to the demands of the sick?  Who/what is to blame when there's thousands more excess deaths?

 

Stop being such a fucking bedwetter 😄

I never said to pretend it didn't exist.

We don't routinely test tens of thousands of people each day and announce a daily death score for any other illness, why should we for one that has a miniscule chance of killing folk and which appears to be burning out anyway?

Edited by NEM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, minijc said:

NEM wants to stop the testing and get right back to normal, that's fine, lets just pretend the virus doesn't exist and that it doesn't impact many people.  If we drop the testing and pretend covid isn't a thing, who/what is to blame when the NHS starts to struggle due to the demands of the sick?  Who/what is to blame when there's thousands more excess deaths?

Nobody is pretending that it doesn't exist.

You are assuming that the NHS will struggle because you assume that there will be overwhelming demand and you assume that this will lead to thousands of excess deaths.

I don't believe that to be the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NEM said:

Yes but you can't halt life for everyone because of a few outliers

I agree with that too but I didn't say that. I said we broadly agreed but that you were being guilty of minimising the effects of the virus to support your argument, which is disingenuous at worst or unsound at best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NEM said:

 

Stop being such a fucking bedwetter 😄

I never said to pretend it didn't exist.

We don't routinely test tens of thousands of people each day and announce a daily death score for any other illness, why should we for one that has a miniscule chance of killing folk and which appears to be burning out anyway?

Totally agree and the research on what is known as "viral load" is being conducted as we speak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People have died, people will continue to die. Once we have a vaccine, people will still continue to die, it'll give those most at risk a bit more protection, but wont be some wonder cure. How long do we keep these rolling counts going without some sense of perspective?

2 years ago there was a flu epidemic with 10's of thousands of deaths. We have a flu vaccine.

The fear with COVID has been heightened by media and social media who catastrophise everything these days. The dissenting voices get drowned out by those controlling the narrative.

CASES RISING, 2nd WAVE!

"yeah but deaths have been low for months and conti.."

CASES RISING, 2nd WAVE, YOU'LL KILL YOUR GRANNY!!

Edited by thedandydon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are some fuckers screaming for a second national lockdown. They need to calm down and wise the fuck up. 

Fuckers like Peston and his ilk don't help 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...