Europa League 2020/21

5 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

Get past the noggies. Portugal will have just started their leagues. There is a small chance. But by Christ, we don’t get it easy in these draws. 

That is the precise reason you need to take your chances. the rangers on the back of a couple of good seasons (and some decent results it must be said) get their ranking up significantly enough to get reasonable draws. 

It's actually funny that if we beat the vikings we will be seeded in the PO round draw and the huns won't be.

45 minutes ago, OnceFaeMintlaw said:

The disparity between Maribor and Coleraine must be greater than the disparity between Sporting Lisbon and ourselves.  No?  Yeah?

So, providing we sort out the Vikings, we can do this.

40 minutes ago, slippers said:

The rangers beat Porto who won the league 2-0 and drew 1-1. Sporting finished 4th 22 points behind Porto and they lost there most influential player in Jan. 

Trying to find the positives... 

40 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Huns saw off Porto and Braga last season so it's nae as daunting as folk think. Braga looked especially shite. 

? 

:flag::scarf: :sheepdance:

48 minutes ago, slippers said:

The rangers beat Porto who won the league 2-0 and drew 1-1. Sporting finished 4th 22 points behind Porto and they lost there most influential player in Jan. 

Trying to find the positives... 

Unfortunately the huns have a different attitude going into these types of games.  

Here's hoping Derek has a bit of belief for a change instead of shitting the bed as usual

1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

Huns saw off Porto and Braga last season so it's nae as daunting as folk think. Braga looked especially shite. 

Agree + reckon that post Soul Bar drama squad has a hunger about it to make up for that whole, sorry fiasco.

I am confident that we are going to have decent season which, hopefully, has some European game time in it?

13 minutes ago, Dons21 said:

Suppose with the testing that teams have in place the risk is reduced. Not that a neutral venue would make all that much difference.

No fans has been weird for all teams starting back.

It could have a small effect of Sporting treating it like a pre season game intensity level

* you could see in the Huns game on August 1st how weird it was us getting our head round the behind closed doors element

Plastic pitch & the experience on it of the Norwegian teams is the biggest hurdle for us.

see the Viking/Molde highlights earlier. Looked like a soccer sixes match. Hope McInnes is drilling the side well on quick passing/movement & staying on their feet.

whilst we looked a far better side v Hibs, we pass & play anything like we did v St Johnstone & Viking will embarrass us in similar style to our humbling of Copenhagen a dozen years ago.

I think it's hilarious that he's so stubborn that he won't start any strikers when Eduoard is out.  They are absolutely there for the taking at the moment. 

He's one more bad result away from losing it completely I reckon. Going to be Hibs all over again. 

They're playing so inconsistently that they may well fuck up both the Champions and the Europa League qualifiers. 

34 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Celtic are on the brink of an implosion at the moment.

I think there will be a few factors at play over at Celtic Park this season, and all stem from the manager. 

Lennon suffers from depression, and if things don't go his way in the first half of the season then that could play a defining role in how things go as we head to the run-in. Don't underestimate the impact depression has on not only the day to day but in long term aims. 

In the past he has manufactured an exit from Celtic, which shows his loyalties to the club play second fiddle to his loyalties to Neil Lennon.  If things start going slightly askew will he bail rather than be the man who failed to deliver their greatest achievement since the European Cup? All I'm saying is don't be surprised if he starts conjuring up imaginary coins, cups, and gobs being aimed at him as a reason to quit before it all goes pear shaped. 

This is the 10 In A Row year. Celtic fans want this more than they want anything they've ever wanted. The pressure on Lennon to deliver is immense. This will be a test of character for him.

It's up for debate whether or not Lennon is a man of character. 

• Downvote 1
59 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think it's hilarious that he's so stubborn that he won't start any strikers when Eduoard is out.  They are absolutely there for the taking at the moment. 

He's one more bad result away from losing it completely I reckon. Going to be Hibs all over again. 

They're playing so inconsistently that they may well fuck up both the Champions and the Europa League qualifiers. 

Celtic don't have any lesbians in the boardroom that he can go on an epic homophobic rant at