Europa League 2020/21

11 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Whilst (if extremely fortunate in beating Sporting) taking their seeding, we have had pretty damn shitty luck for playoff tie ffs. 
ach well just hope we give ourselves the chance to play them.

home one off game. Never know.

we get chance to play them having beaten Sporting & anything is possible 

We just need another Bayern or Copenhagen night. It's not beyond the realms of possibility in a one off home tie. 

Unfortunately there won't be a full house to get behind the team though. 

3 hours ago, RUL said:

Tough draw but at least it's at home and we won't have to fork out for a plane, assuming we get past Sporting.

Thank fuck for the Europa Conference next year, these draws are a joke.

No plane to fork out for but equally we don't get to sell the TV rights so we gain some and loose some 

31 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I thought it was derived from the last 5 years as there are columns with points for each of the last 5 seasons? 

I doubt we have 33% of the coefficients in the last 5 years and even if we did, I’d expect Celtic to have achieved more (possibly also SevCo from the last two years)

This has to be the best team this year and because we have played more.

It looks good, but easily picked apart

4 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

I doubt we have 33% of the coefficients in the last 5 years and even if we did, I’d expect Celtic to have achieved more (possibly also SevCo from the last two years)

This has to be the best team this year and because we have played more.

It looks good, but easily picked apart

So it must be an error then?  The points from the other countries look sensible enough. 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

OK fair enough.  Pointless then really 

What stands out for me (if I read it correctly) that were 13th this year but could be 10th for next seasons campaign.

That means that the Scottish cup winners (3rd) would go straight into the Play Off round of the Europa League and guaranteed group stage football, either by qualifying or dropping into the Conference League groups

Next seasons european competition looks interesting having had a look. Say we finish 3rd this season (which is highly probable) we’d start next season in UEL Q3 so bypass the first two rounds that we had to just play there. Big change being next year that if we are to lose then there  is the UEFA conference league to fall back on so we’d go into the play off round for that or if we were to progress Q3 and lose in the UEL play off round then we’d end up in the conference league groups. Shouldn’t give up hope on Europe if we can’t qualify this year because looks like there’ll be a great chance for access into later competition next year.

4 hours ago, Dave Bus said:

Next seasons european competition looks interesting having had a look. Say we finish 3rd this season (which is highly probable) we’d start next season in UEL Q3 so bypass the first two rounds that we had to just play there. Big change being next year that if we are to lose then there  is the UEFA conference league to fall back on so we’d go into the play off round for that or if we were to progress Q3 and lose in the UEL play off round then we’d end up in the conference league groups. Shouldn’t give up hope on Europe if we can’t qualify this year because looks like there’ll be a great chance for access into later competition next year.

I think poster above you is correct. This coefficient is always 2 seasons behind. 

Team that finishes 3rd in 2020/2021 or wins Scottish will automatically qualify for group stages of conference  minimum as they are straight into play offs for europa league. Massive financial reward potentially as if things return to normality for 2021/2022 would imagine big interest in football attending