Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Europa League 2020/21

3 hours ago, Tord31 said:

It's possible to be even better than QR3. It might be straight to the play off round. That might be confirmed in the next couple months

This won’t be possible for next year’s competition but if Scotland climb above Ukraine (currently one place ahead of us) in the coefficient this year which is quite likely then the following year we’d be straight into the UEL play off.

5 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

This won’t be possible for next year’s competition but if Scotland climb above Ukraine (currently one place ahead of us) in the coefficient this year which is quite likely then the following year we’d be straight into the UEL play off.

It needs to be determined how the Europa Conference League winners, Europa League winners and Champions League winners spots are given out.

Bert Kassies believes Scotland 3rd entrant (cup winner or 3rd league) will be in the PO round.

7 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

It needs to be determined how the Europa Conference League winners, Europa League winners and Champions League winners spots are given out.

Bert Kassies believes Scotland 3rd entrant (cup winner or 3rd league) will be in the PO round.

We’d have to be bumped up to 12th spot.

Bert has us 13th, but officially we are 14th.

https://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/country/#/yr/2020

There is one spot to be be bumped up because there is no Conference winners, so we move from 14th to 13th,  not from 13th to 12th

Here Bert shows Scotland in 14th for the 2020 season

https://kassiesa.net/uefa/data/method5/crank2020.html

I think your looking at the 2021 season, which will not factor in next seasons comp, where we’re currently 13th

https://kassiesa.net/uefa/data/method5/crank2021.html

seems clear as day to me that he Scottish cup winners (3rd place) will not go into the PO round next season.

If there is fog clouding my view, please de-fog my underdtanding

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

Then of course, for completeness, the fairies on here will be admitting it is shocking that we get the chance to parachute into the conference version?

Calling out Uefa for favouring the bigger teams?

If you're referring to my comments (amongst others) of Wednesday past, in this very thread. I think you'll find that I mentioned that the whole set up is wrong, but that I wouldn't complain if we benefitted.

Hypocritical of me? Yes, I'm biased towards Aberdeen. 

As usual though, you're "petty and ill informed", should probably be on off the ball? In fact from what I can make out, you probably have a face for radio, and a voice for television.