Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Santos (MF), Borja (D), Maximiano (GK), Goncalves (MF) are all usually in the first team.

Fernandez (M), Renan (GK) and Inacio (D) are not regular starters 

They have just one COVID-free GK at the moment....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Vermelhos said:

Santos (MF), Borja (D), Maximiano (GK), Goncalves (MF) are all usually in the first team.

Fernandez (M), Renan (GK) and Inacio (D) are not regular starters 

They have just one COVID-free GK at the moment....

They? Rather than we?
Who do you support then Vermelhos?

.*Understand this may be just translation / grammar thing

 

Edited by muttonhumper
erse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aberdeen of course. Live in Portugal now though....  May be a one man Red Army over here if we beat Viking!  

Sporting are not well liked by fans of other teams though, so I won't be completely alone....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Vermelhos said:

Aberdeen of course. Live in Portugal now though....  May be a one man Red Army over here if we beat Viking!  

Sporting are not well liked by fans of other teams though, so I won't be completely alone....

🙂

Real annoying we can't come over for the game due to this Covid pish.

Lisboa is one of my very favourite cities.

This is despite getting myself engaged there. 😆 Bought the ring at a joalheiro at the bottom of that Elevador de Santa Justa. 😣

Beautiful city.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would actually have been better for us if these players had only been in close contact with one confirmed case. That way they would have had to isolate for a full 14 days and would definitely have put them out the game.

Because they have been diagnosed positive, they only isolate for 7 days and then get re-tested. Most will have recovered although I suspect one or two might still be positive which would then rule them out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know that the 7 days re-test was used by PSG & others, but here, the decision is in the hands of the Health Service (DGS). There was a similar situation at another club here (Gil Vicente) last week, with 9 players testing positive. All 9 were ordered by the DGS to isolate for 14 days.

Update:

The entire Gil Vicente team has been ordered to quarantine, both footballers and staff, after 15 members tested positive for covid-19. The medical delegate of the DGS who established the preventive measures ordered that all members of the club (players, coaches, delegates and doctors) remain in quarantine and isolated until further notice.

 

 

Edited by Vermelhos
update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vermelhos said:

Aberdeen of course. Live in Portugal now though....  May be a one man Red Army over here if we beat Viking!  

Sporting are not well liked by fans of other teams though, so I won't be completely alone....

not buying that

Hanz' 7th account 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope....  perennial lurker...  ex Mad... even ex Aberdeen Mailing List (if any of you youngsters even comprehend what that was)

Interesting chat to a couple of Sporting fans tonight. There is a feeling of almost inevitability from them that this is going to be another disastrous episode. A lot of discontent about the players, manager, board, and style of football, and general malaise around the club. They said that even without the COVID scenario, they saw both possible opponents as serious threats. Physicality is what scares them. Going into this without match sharpness, and possibly depleted. Never been a better chance.

You just know we are going to get beaten 1-0 by Viking now....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Vermelhos said:

Nope....  perennial lurker...  ex Mad... even ex Aberdeen Mailing List (if any of you youngsters even comprehend what that was)

Interesting chat to a couple of Sporting fans tonight. There is a feeling of almost inevitability from them that this is going to be another disastrous episode. A lot of discontent about the players, manager, board, and style of football, and general malaise around the club. They said that even without the COVID scenario, they saw both possible opponents as serious threats. Physicality is what scares them. Going into this without match sharpness, and possibly depleted. Never been a better chance.

You just know we are going to get beaten 1-0 by Viking now....

 

 

wait till they see Ross McCrorie charging at their defence in a direct straight line!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Wright to the left of me, Hedges on the right, here we are stuck in the middle .... Ross Mcrorie.

Bugger. 

"With ross" would easily see that work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

If we get through to this game, could it also potentially be played in neutral country?

if there are any of them available in Europe now that are green

I'd think all bets are currently off for Sporting v Viking/Aberdeen.

Hopefully their government turns round and says football is shut down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

If we get through to this game, could it also potentially be played in neutral country?

if there are any of them available in Europe now that are green

Wasn’t it Poland, Cyprus, Greece & Hungary? 

Edited by WesthillWanderersFC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Wasn’t it Poland, Cyprus, Greece & Hungary? 

I think the game gets moved to the away teams stadium depending on their countries Covid situation before it gets played in any of these 4 countries 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now announced that one more player (as yet not identified)....  and their coach, have tested positive.

just like in the SPL, money talks, and rules that apply to everyone else can be bent for the benefit of Sporting, Benfica & Porto.The league have asked the Health Authority to reduce the quarantine period for players that test positive from 14 days to 10, so they could play in the Europa match if:

a) the quarantine period is reduced AND  b) the players test negative the day before the game AND the players test negative on the day of the game

No decision yet on whether their opening league fixture next weekend will go ahead or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vermelhos said:

Now announced that one more player (as yet not identified)....  and their coach, have tested positive.

just like in the SPL, money talks, and rules that apply to everyone else can be bent for the benefit of Sporting, Benfica & Porto.The league have asked the Health Authority to reduce the quarantine period for players that test positive from 14 days to 10, so they could play in the Europa match if:

a) the quarantine period is reduced AND  b) the players test negative the day before the game AND the players test negative on the day of the game

No decision yet on whether their opening league fixture next weekend will go ahead or not. 

Fucking disgrace if that's allowed.  Why should either ourselves or stavanger have to risk getting our players infected by those cunts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vermelhos said:

Now announced that one more player (as yet not identified)....  and their coach, have tested positive.

just like in the SPL, money talks, and rules that apply to everyone else can be bent for the benefit of Sporting, Benfica & Porto.The league have asked the Health Authority to reduce the quarantine period for players that test positive from 14 days to 10, so they could play in the Europa match if:

a) the quarantine period is reduced AND  b) the players test negative the day before the game AND the players test negative on the day of the game

No decision yet on whether their opening league fixture next weekend will go ahead or not. 

Is there any governance from UEFA on the requirements?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Help out the bigger teams likely, fuck the smaller teams, that’s the usual way of UEFA.

 

Is, unfortunately, always the correct answer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Help out the bigger teams likely, fuck the smaller teams, that’s the usual way of UEFA.

 

And that's another cringe

If the inferiority complex you portray is real, its pathetic 

If its an act, its patheticer

Edited by Millertime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Millertime said:

And that's another cringe

If the inferiority complex you portray is real, its pathetic 

If its an act, its patheticer

You sure you don’t mean “crine”?

Are you denying UEFA favour the bigger teams?

Then you are deluded. Or just fucking stupid. 

And your command of English is embarrassingly bad. 
 

Edited by WesthillWanderersFC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Fucking disgrace if that's allowed.  Why should either ourselves or stavanger have to risk getting our players infected by those cunts. 

If they want to put the players in to the uefa testing regime that could backfire spectacularly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Vermelhos said:

Now announced that one more player (as yet not identified)....  and their coach, have tested positive.

just like in the SPL, money talks, and rules that apply to everyone else can be bent for the benefit of Sporting, Benfica & Porto.The league have asked the Health Authority to reduce the quarantine period for players that test positive from 14 days to 10, so they could play in the Europa match if:

a) the quarantine period is reduced AND  b) the players test negative the day before the game AND the players test negative on the day of the game

No decision yet on whether their opening league fixture next weekend will go ahead or not. 

Thanks for the update. Surely the weekend game has to be off? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As of tonight that's Red Star Belgrade, Dinamo Zagreb, Qarabag, Dinamo Brest, Young Boys, AZ Alkmaar, Benfica and Rapid Vienna given their parachute into the Europa League play off round after getting knocked out of Champions League qualifying. 

It truly is a stitch up. Although I probably wouldn't be complaining too much if our ranking was higher and we would therefore avoid clubs like these. I think it should have been though, as has been mentioned numerous times before we probably should have advanced at least a little further a couple of times over recent years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We would have to beat Viking first, but if we then beat sporting by some fluke!, we would then be seeded for the play off round avoiding these teams you speak of

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

We would have to beat Viking first, but if we then beat sporting by some fluke!, we would then be seeded for the play off round avoiding these teams you speak of

We can't draw any of those teams as the Champions League failures have their own little route to the Europa Group stages

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...