1 hour ago, minijc said:

He definitely did, countless games where he worried too much about the team we were playing, we got off with it due to the players we had and his 'game management' really worked then.

Fielding SEVEN defenders at some stages against Hibs (&the arse cheeks) comes to mind

1 hour ago, muttonhumper said:

EiJgmD4X0AIh1e-?format=jpg&name=medium

Post of the year. 

Stick that up the Hun and Celtic pussy.  We have to listen to the same mantra so much that people start to believe it as truth. 

31 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I thought it was derived from the last 5 years as there are columns with points for each of the last 5 seasons? 

I doubt we have 33% of the coefficients in the last 5 years and even if we did, I’d expect Celtic to have achieved more (possibly also SevCo from the last two years)

This has to be the best team this year and because we have played more.

It looks good, but easily picked apart

4 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

I doubt we have 33% of the coefficients in the last 5 years and even if we did, I’d expect Celtic to have achieved more (possibly also SevCo from the last two years)

This has to be the best team this year and because we have played more.

It looks good, but easily picked apart

So it must be an error then?  The points from the other countries look sensible enough. 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

OK fair enough.  Pointless then really 

What stands out for me (if I read it correctly) that were 13th this year but could be 10th for next seasons campaign.

That means that the Scottish cup winners (3rd) would go straight into the Play Off round of the Europa League and guaranteed group stage football, either by qualifying or dropping into the Conference League groups

Next seasons european competition looks interesting having had a look. Say we finish 3rd this season (which is highly probable) we’d start next season in UEL Q3 so bypass the first two rounds that we had to just play there. Big change being next year that if we are to lose then there  is the UEFA conference league to fall back on so we’d go into the play off round for that or if we were to progress Q3 and lose in the UEL play off round then we’d end up in the conference league groups. Shouldn’t give up hope on Europe if we can’t qualify this year because looks like there’ll be a great chance for access into later competition next year.

All of the above sounds like shite.

Not what you've written but the fact that the whole concept appears to reward, well, being shite to be honest. 

4 hours ago, Dave Bus said:

Next seasons european competition looks interesting having had a look. Say we finish 3rd this season (which is highly probable) we’d start next season in UEL Q3 so bypass the first two rounds that we had to just play there. Big change being next year that if we are to lose then there  is the UEFA conference league to fall back on so we’d go into the play off round for that or if we were to progress Q3 and lose in the UEL play off round then we’d end up in the conference league groups. Shouldn’t give up hope on Europe if we can’t qualify this year because looks like there’ll be a great chance for access into later competition next year.

I think poster above you is correct. This coefficient is always 2 seasons behind. 

Team that finishes 3rd in 2020/2021 or wins Scottish will automatically qualify for group stages of conference  minimum as they are straight into play offs for europa league. Massive financial reward potentially as if things return to normality for 2021/2022 would imagine big interest in football attending 

Edited by RUL

It's possible to be even better than QR3. It might be straight to the play off round. That might be confirmed in the next couple months

The problem with all of this is they have really just created 3 divisions now.  The original euro competitions were more unique and stood on their own merits, especially the European and Cup Winners Cups. 

I enjoy our individual European games when we play and obviously want to win but the overall structure is a bit of a turn off. 

Beggers cant be choosers. Getting to the group stages, of either tournament, will generate £5m - £10m per year for us. 

Thats a heck of an increase proportionally to our annual income

1 minute ago, Tord31 said:

Beggers cant be choosers. Getting to the group stages, of either tournament, will generate £5m - £10m per year for us. 

Thats a heck of an increase proportionally to our annual income

Aye I know the money is vital but the format is just sterile and uninspired. 

3 hours ago, Tord31 said:

It's possible to be even better than QR3. It might be straight to the play off round. That might be confirmed in the next couple months

Nah, that’s never been justified and actually debunked in my opinion

15 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Nah, that’s never been justified and actually debunked in my opinion

Well lets just wait and see.

3 hours ago, Tord31 said:

This won’t be possible for next year’s competition but if Scotland climb above Ukraine (currently one place ahead of us) in the coefficient this year which is quite likely then the following year we’d be straight into the UEL play off.

5 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

This won’t be possible for next year’s competition but if Scotland climb above Ukraine (currently one place ahead of us) in the coefficient this year which is quite likely then the following year we’d be straight into the UEL play off.

It needs to be determined how the Europa Conference League winners, Europa League winners and Champions League winners spots are given out.

Bert Kassies believes Scotland 3rd entrant (cup winner or 3rd league) will be in the PO round.

7 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

It needs to be determined how the Europa Conference League winners, Europa League winners and Champions League winners spots are given out.

Bert Kassies believes Scotland 3rd entrant (cup winner or 3rd league) will be in the PO round.

We’d have to be bumped up to 12th spot.

Bert has us 13th, but officially we are 14th.

https://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/country/#/yr/2020

There is one spot to be be bumped up because there is no Conference winners, so we move from 14th to 13th,  not from 13th to 12th

Edited by afc1903mad

Here Bert shows Scotland in 14th for the 2020 season

https://kassiesa.net/uefa/data/method5/crank2020.html

I think your looking at the 2021 season, which will not factor in next seasons comp, where we’re currently 13th

https://kassiesa.net/uefa/data/method5/crank2021.html

seems clear as day to me that he Scottish cup winners (3rd place) will not go into the PO round next season.

If there is fog clouding my view, please de-fog my underdtanding

I'm not looking at anything.

There are no winners of the Europa Conference League this season. The euro spot distribution list has not been published. 

9 hours ago, Dave Bus said:

Then of course, for completeness, the fairies on here will be admitting it is shocking that we get the chance to parachute into the conference version?

Calling out Uefa for favouring the bigger teams?

20 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Then of course, for completeness, the fairies on here will be admitting it is shocking that we get the chance to parachute into the conference version?

It will be shocking. 

Once you’re out you shouldn’t get access to a lesser tournament.

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

If you're referring to my comments (amongst others) of Wednesday past, in this very thread. I think you'll find that I mentioned that the whole set up is wrong, but that I wouldn't complain if we benefitted.

Hypocritical of me? Yes, I'm biased towards Aberdeen. 

As usual though, you're "petty and ill informed", should probably be on off the ball? In fact from what I can make out, you probably have a face for radio, and a voice for television. 

6 minutes ago, Macski said:

If you're referring to my comments (amongst others) of Wednesday past, in this very thread. I think you'll find that I mentioned that the whole set up is wrong, but that I wouldn't complain if we benefitted.

Hypocritical of me? Yes, I'm biased towards Aberdeen. 

As usual though, you're "petty and ill informed", should probably be on off the ball? In fact from what I can make out, you probably have a face for radio, and a voice for television. 

Yep

Thats what I'm calling out

Hypocrisy

Cheers