Europa League 2020/21

Yes it will, all teams in the Europa league should be in sporting bubbles unless it’s a Belarusian team?, and I don’t think sturgeon will gamble on the wrath of the voting public if she were to just ban it as eufa would chuck out any team that couldn’t fulfill there fixtures.

that would effectively damage the SNP as they know how much the population love the game and they wouldn’t recover not just from us as fans but by other fans of the other clubs as the precedent would be set to happen again to them possibly!,

would be political suicide 

13 hours ago, Tord31 said:

I think as long as Celtic play tomorrow night we are safe for our four games before the international break

Glasgow isn't in lockdown.

Think there's already been a team forced to forfeit their place in Europa league due to Covid

11 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

UEFA have stadia in Cyprus, Hungary, Poland & one other (Greece) for such an event have they not?
Fuck me, can you imagine, the expense & hassle to fly out about 30 people to Warsaw to play Barry Town? 

If it was Barry town you would just play them at home would you not? It all depends on what sturgeon thinks really but Leicester played a few games in EPL while the city was in lockdown for example. 

Really don’t want to be chartering a flight to anywhere. 

26 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

UEFA have stadia in Cyprus, Hungary, Poland & one other (Greece) for such an event have they not?
Fuck me, can you imagine, the expense & hassle to fly out about 30 people to Warsaw to play Barry Town? 

Cyprus?
Marvellous.

I'll get my biler suit and hard hat looked oot to perform some timely floodlight maintenance in such an event.

Guest the shepherd
13 minutes ago, CityCentre said:

Aberdeen will never be out of lockdown, it will continue forever.

Aye yer right min. Aberdeen will have to create its own Parliament (maybe within the confines of Marschial College) before it is allowed out of lockdown ever again. 

What a fucking example the city has been made of by mini Grotbags. 

1 hour ago, Sheepo said:

If the Livi game is played the Euro game will be played, chances are we will be out of lockdown before Euro game

I'm nae convinced the chances are high.

Daily positive cases are still increasing in the area although the rate of new cases appears to be declining.

Almost 400 people have now contracted the disease in NHS Grampian since July 27th.

So I can easily see lockdown still being in place in Aberdeen for another couple of weeks

1 minute ago, afc1903mad said:

Daily positive cases are still increasing in the area although the rate of new cases appears to be declining.

Almost 400 people have now contracted the disease in NHS Grampian since July 27th.

So I can easily see lockdown still being in place in Aberdeen for another couple of weeks

Given that no fans are gonna be there, cant we just arrange to play the match in Dundee. Fuck we could even play it at Brechin or Montrose. 

51 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Given that no fans are gonna be there, cant we just arrange to play the match in Dundee. Fuck we could even play it at Brechin or Montrose. 

We were due to be playing European games in Dundee by now anyway according to that lying cunt Milne

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, afc1903mad said:

More new cases in Glasgow and Tayside than Aberdeen today though. 

Only 7 reported for Grampian in the last 24 hours.  Glasgow have 11 and Tayside 16.

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

More new cases in Glasgow and Tayside than Aberdeen today though. 

Only 7 reported for Grampian in the last 24 hours.  Glasgow have 11 and Tayside 16.

Agreed, hence why I said the number of new cases appear to be declining.

To put in perspective, Grampian had been in single case new cases for 9  weeks (64 days to be exact) prior to this outbreak. In that period there were 77 cases. In the last 16 days (between 02nd and 17th August), there were 382 positive cases in NHS Grampian.

so its great if we are getting back down to single figures, but this needs to be verified as stable, so I'd expect at least another week lockdown, then as was suggested in today's discussions, potentially they will ease some aspects i.e. cafes before they unlock the pubs again. Expect it to be another week or two after that before we are fully unlocked (in my opinion).

All that said, I expect the game will go ahead, at Pittodrie and as also mentioned, at worst case the game could be relocated

Just now, afc1903mad said:

To put in perspective, Grampian had been in single case new cases for 9  weeks (64 days to be exact) prior to this outbreak. In that period there were 77 cases. In the last 16 days (between 02nd and 17th August), there were 382 positive cases in NHS Grampian.

so its great if we are getting back down to single figures, but this needs to be verified as stable, so I'd expect at least another week lockdown, then as was suggested in today's discussions, potentially they will ease some aspects i.e. cafes before they unlock the pubs again. Expect it to be another week or two after that before we are fully unlocked (in my opinion).

All that said, I expect the game will go ahead, at Pittodrie and as also mentioned, at worst case the game could be relocated

Aye, I agree. 

The game will go ahead at Pittodrie. The Hamilton game being off "because of the local outbreak" was a red herring. The government wanted to punish the clubs/SPFL by cancelling all that midweeks and this past weekends games. The SPFL/SFA managed to talk them down to just ours and Celtic games being off. If we hadn't had the Soul8 situation none of our games would have been off - local outbreaks or not.

• Upvote 1
30 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Any predictions as to how long it will take to have a squad of our players photographed in a bar once the pubs are unlocked?

2 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Any predictions as to how long it will take to have a squad of our players photographed in a bar once the pubs are unlocked?

I don't believe that any players will enter a public house for a long time.

I do believe that their wives and girlfriends will be the catalyst for future player outbreaks.

14 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Hud on, I'll sook ma finger and stick it oot the windae

8 minutes ago, Lencarl said:

I don't believe that any players will enter a public house for a long time.

I do believe that their wives and girlfriends will be the catalyst for future player outbreaks.

I agree, I doubt any player will be caught out in a bar, certainly not in more than three households.

I would expect a few photographs being put out if they've gone out for a meal with their wife / partner, but hope to fcuk they know better now than to go to the pub.

10 hours ago, Donnet said:

The game will go ahead at Pittodrie. The Hamilton game being off "because of the local outbreak" was a red herring. The government wanted to punish the clubs/SPFL by cancelling all that midweeks and this past weekends games. The SPFL/SFA managed to talk them down to just ours and Celtic games being off. If we hadn't had the Soul8 situation none of our games would have been off - local outbreaks or not.

Yep. 

Spot on.