The 'Race for 3rd'

3rd should be an absolute stick on for this squad.  Much as I hate the cheeks we need to a/ cement 3rd, b/ ride on their coat tails medium term to pick up the euro benefits of the looming restructure (and then take advantage of them, fuck a body else) and c/ hang on their coat tails short term and see where it gets us both in terms of cups and the possibility of them killing each other and us nipping between them (what Utd did to us in 83).

and very regrettably, in terms of Cormack‘s philosophy, Dereks KPIs and fans realistic expectations It should be in that order.

5 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

McInnes has zero accountability for his signings (McGeough, for example) Overloaded in certain areas and yet still no bona fida left back.

Maybe it's time a DoF was installed above him. Maybe that's Steven Gunn's new role, not sure, but its time we modernised and moved with the times

"zero accountability for signings" , "install a DoF"

This sounds like Hearts all over. FUCK THAT.

2 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Yeah, its funny what £17K a week does to your ambition

On topic however, I don't really give a fuck what SKY or the BBC are spouting about helicopters, or 10IAR. It doesn't impact on me one iota

What does impact on me is the horses arese that our manager is making of my club. As I said yesterday on another, more downmarket fans forum, DC won't want to make hasty decisions whilst in the middle of a pandemic, so its difficult to see DMc getting the bullet any other time but NEXT summer, unless we hit relegation bother, which, however shite we are, is unlikely.

The time to have sacked him was THIS summer, and I'm certain DMC would have been gone had last season completed as per usual, but the intervention of COVID has saved his bacon. For now.

"Do the math" as they say in Atlanta....or any Yank city. That's why he wasn't sacked this summer and won't be next summer either, unless as you say, he leads us into dire relegation difficulties. Which won't be happening.  (and if it did, we wouldn't be replacing him with an exciting new managerial team, it would be one of Sheerin or Robson). COVID has nothing to do with it. 

The long and short of it was that he should never have been given the new contract. His old one was due to finish in June and that should have been the natural break point for both parties. We would have thanked him for his service, for bringing us a trophy and generally putting an end to us being a laughing stock. He's now outstayed his welcome and when he does leave eventually, sadly his reputation with the fans will be almost irrepairably sullied. (win us another trophy and he can remedy that but I'm sure as hell not going to be lumping on him doing it)

12 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

"Do the math" as they say in Atlanta....or any Yank city. That's why he wasn't sacked this summer and won't be next summer either, unless as you say, he leads us into dire relegation difficulties. Which won't be happening.  (and if it did, we wouldn't be replacing him with an exciting new managerial team, it would be one of Sheerin or Robson). COVID has nothing to do with it. 

The long and short of it was that he should never have been given the new contract. His old one was due to finish in June and that should have been the natural break point for both parties. We would have thanked him for his service, for bringing us a trophy and generally putting an end to us being a laughing stock. He's now outstayed his welcome and when he does leave eventually, sadly his reputation with the fans will be almost irrepairably sullied. (win us another trophy and he can remedy that but I'm sure as hell not going to be lumping on him doing it)

McInnes hasn’t got the cahoneys to win a trophy at Hamdump against either of the arsecheeks in a Cup Final so I wouldn’t worry about that. 

19 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

When we have a replacement in mind who will change things, not just like for like and as Tord says when we can minimise the cost of so doing.

anyone watching County Well by the way.  If we can’t beat that to 3rd..holy shit.

Aye Motherwell look poor.

Let’s see how the teams are looking after 6-7 games. 
Motherwell look as rusty as we did on Saturday.  

3 hours ago, Millertime said:

What "serious effort" do you want to see us make to challenge for the league when the guy who scored the winner against us on Saturday cost 7m?

A wise man once told me that in order to beat the old firm the other teams had simply to improve. 

As no team has pipped them to the league title in 35 years, I can only surmise that no serious effort has been made to improve. 

8 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Hibs and Motherwell will be a threat to us again. 

If any of the rest are a threat to us then we really are shite. 

Motherwell look considerably stronger than Hibs and overall look stronger than last season. On paper I'd argue we have the third best side however Motherwell have a very good manager in Robinson. I believe we'd have gone on to finish third last season but I'm not sure if we will this season.

32 minutes ago, Yorston Vasey said:

We were fourth, season didn't finish.

In twenty years time when we look at the records, it will say we finished 4th. Just like celtic won the league. 

To say we would have finished 3rd is nonsense. The way we were playing we could just have easily finished 5th or 6th.