The 'Race for 3rd'

I assume the bookies and you both predicted Hearts would have the season they did last season. 

A club can have capable players and not perform if managed poorly. Personally I think as a club we have been managed very poorly for 2-3 seasons.

Just my opinion, but I definitely feel it'll get worse before it gets better. Total lack of leadership within and players have become far too comfortable with the current regime.

Think we have to wait and see what McInnes does against the teams out with Celtic and Rangers before jumping the gun. If he doesn’t set up to go at St Johnstone from first whistle I’ll then start to worry. Sitting in against anyone is really frustrating but against the smaller teams it’s completely unacceptable! 

• Upvote 1
55 minutes ago, dj_bollocks said:

Can we have an intervention on what we achieved more than 2 seasons ago ? If my results had taken a downturn in 2 years I probably wouldn't still be in my job... He won a cup... 6 years ago, in what is known as the dullest cup final in forever... 

We will finish 4th or worse if DMc is still here this season... A new guy in charge...? Might be a better outcome.

If DMc just mixed up the formation and team selection a bit I'd think we'd see a drastic improvement. I'd love to see us really go at teams and attack.

DMc brings stability in terms of league placings, European qualification and cup semi's/ finals. The minimum expectations at Aberdeen are met. We have been the most consistent side outside of the Old Firm since he joined. I'm currently not for changing manager during Covid. 

1 hour ago, dj_bollocks said:

Can we have an intervention on what we achieved more than 2 seasons ago ? If my results had taken a downturn in 2 years I probably wouldn't still be in my job... He won a cup... 6 years ago, in what is known as the dullest cup final in forever... 

We will finish 4th or worse if DMc is still here this season... A new guy in charge...? Might be a better outcome.

Having paid DM and Doc up what they are due on the remainder of their 22 months left on their contracts (and bearing in mind our current financial situation) can you enlighten us as to what replacement management team you would consider as viable replacements??

Too early to tell what we're going to get from McInnes this season but the little we've seen so far didn't inspire much confidence that it won't just be more of the same. If the players don't come out all guns blazing to try and repair some of the damage they've self-inflicted on the club then the fans would quite rightly start to question the managers influence or lack of. Saying that only Hibs have so far looked decent outwith the OF.

12 minutes ago, V for Vendetta said:

I'm on the fence, haven't seen enough of him but..he's had a handful of chances and doesn't seem like he's ready to really nail down that jersey.

I'm all for giving young players game time but we need more than one striking option.

Aye, even if he happened to be the hottest young prospect in Scotland, we surely need another option. 

I've made my views clear on Anderson. I don't think he's good enough and had Cosgrove and main been fit, I believe he would have been sent out on loan for the remainder of his contract and we would have gone with Ruth as a third choice for the season. 

However Cosgrove and Main are not fit. DM brought in Edmondson to cover them and promptly had to send him away injured ana. There have been rumours of Ross Stewart coming in on a pre-contract in January to join up next summer. I've already said I'd be happy with him as a replacement for Main (but not as our number 1 striker). We definitely need a competent striker in now though. We can't wait till Sept/Oct for our 2 strikers to reach fitness, nor can we go with Anderson, who just isn't good enough (and whose size doesn't suit our style of play anyway). I think the board have no choice other than to loosen the purse strings and bring in Stewart now. £200k I believe would suffice. I know it would be similar to what Hibs have done but we really are in dire need. 

10 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I've made my views clear on Anderson. I don't think he's good enough and had Cosgrove and main been fit, I believe he would have been sent out on loan for the remainder of his contract and we would have gone with Ruth as a third choice for the season. 

However Cosgrove and Main are not fit. DM brought in Edmondson to cover them and promptly had to send him away injured ana. There have been rumours of Ross Stewart coming in on a pre-contract in January to join up next summer. I've already said I'd be happy with him as a replacement for Main (but not as our number 1 striker). We definitely need a competent striker in now though. We can't wait till Sept/Oct for our 2 strikers to reach fitness, nor can we go with Anderson, who just isn't good enough (and whose size doesn't suit our style of play anyway). I think the board have no choice other than to loosen the purse strings and bring in Stewart now. £200k I believe would suffice. I know it would be similar to what Hibs have done but we really are in dire need. 

It’s not similar to Hibs.

We’ve not made folk redundant have we? 

12 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

It’s not similar to Hibs.

We’ve not made folk redundant have we? 

We have put folk on furlough. And put (negotiated is a word I hesitate to use.....) loads of staff on reduced wages and on wage deferrals. I meant whacking out a transfer fee as the similarity to Hibs, in a situation where we aren't paying many of our staff their contracted salaries

18 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I think we'll be forced to sell someone. Mckenna I'd imagine. 2-3 million potentially and now that Hoban has signed we don't need to a replacement.

I still hope we can sell Cosgrove in the future. I'd be pleased with Stewart as his replacement. Very similar type of player.

Guest milne_afc
2 hours ago, Dynamo said:

Noticed earlier that Hibs have bid for the hun McCrorie. Any idea where they're getting the money from in this climate? 

They've got a proper millionaire at the helm. 

Guest milne_afc
2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

They are immoral cunts.

They made staff redundant & closed down their youth academy.

.....then  spent £250k on Nisbet & bid £200k for the hun.

Very hun like behaviour. 

It's a football club, not a community centre. 

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

We have put folk on furlough. And put (negotiated is a word I hesitate to use.....) loads of staff on reduced wages and on wage deferrals. I meant whacking out a transfer fee as the similarity to Hibs, in a situation where we aren't paying many of our staff their contracted salaries

Only for those earning more than 30k.

Times are tough and the income will be down , so the club has probably done as much as they can under the circumstances

3 hours ago, CalgaryDon said:

I think we'll be forced to sell someone. Mckenna I'd imagine. 2-3 million potentially and now that Hoban has signed we don't need to a replacement.

I still hope we can sell Cosgrove in the future. I'd be pleased with Stewart as his replacement. Very similar type of player.

Until we need a replacement for him

1 minute ago, Tord31 said:

I still think Cosgrove will go this window.

He doesn't turn the France move down without having a deal 75% done.

Off to the english championship for £2m on deadline day

Wouldn't he fail the medical. Unless the buyer choice to bypass that and sign him anyway. I'd be pleased if we could sell Cosgrove this window. Get Stewart in.