The 'Race for 3rd'

47 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Cosgrove sold for £2.5m

In come Ross Stewart & Eamonn Brophy for £500k, £2m to go towards the COVID losses. 

McInnes has singled them out for praise several times in post match interviews against their respective clubs.

Unfortunately we are not in a position to be making such signings as we have to cover the forecasted loses from now till January. Doing so could potentially cost people their jobs. The signing of Ross Stewart may be sanctioned depending on our progress in Europe.

I still find it odd that we sell our players for a lower fee comparative to Hibs, Utd and Hearts. 2 million for a striker that has scored over 20 goals a season (twice in a row) is terrible business from us. Considering Morelos is being touted for a figure of 10-15 million and Cosgrove (while both playing in Scotland) has the same goal ratio as him why can't we demand a greater fee?

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

We bought Devlin when he wasn't even halfway through his rehab for his (second) cruciate injury

We signed Bryson (F.O.C) when he was rehabbing his fairly serious ankle injury

We actually paid money for Devlin KNOWING he was injured. £50k

DMc wanted him to complete his rehab here rather than wait till he went out of contract ??

FIGHTING TALK 

Celtic and Aberdeen will fight SPFL charges of failing to prevent their stars breaking coronavirus rules

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5931473/celtic-aberdeen-spfl-charges-coronavirus-rules/\

"There is no limit to the SPFL's punishment powers, although points deductions or forfeited games are highly unlikely.

Last night both clubs received private support from fellow Scottish teams who are baffled by this SPFL charge."

5 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

The clubs yes.  That will correctly be defended to the hilt (that is the afc and Celtic cases, the hun case is clearly a “Club” breach in my eyes.)

but I still expect to see individual player charges of (apparently) 2-8 games.

The more I think about it the more I think there will be no retrospective bans for our players. Firstly, because there were no guidelines or rules that specifically laid out what punishment(s) were applicable in the event of a club or individual players breaching whatever constitutes the temporary rules that are allowing training and matches to go ahead right now. Secondly...the players were out on their own free time. The club has no authority to stop players doing as they wish in their own free time (within reasonable limits/expectations). Had they all been out and got stopped for drink driving (and successfully prosecuted) then the club could reasonably dish out fines internally. They are claiming what they did was a genuine misunderstanding of rules and it would be very difficult for the authorities to dish out punishments on that basis (albeit the club has fined them in the interim essentially for being stupid and the players have accepted this). Our club lawyer I'm sure could invoke the human rights act (it's a piece of shite but useful in this instance) to say that any further punishment by the football authorities, where no punishment guidelines for a theoretical new offence were in place, would constitute double jeopardy. 

17 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

The more I think about it the more I think there will be no retrospective bans for our players. Firstly, because there were no guidelines or rules that specifically laid out what punishment(s) were applicable in the event of a club or individual players breaching whatever constitutes the temporary rules that are allowing training and matches to go ahead right now. Secondly...the players were out on their own free time. The club has no authority to stop players doing as they wish in their own free time (within reasonable limits/expectations). Had they all been out and got stopped for drink driving (and successfully prosecuted) then the club could reasonably dish out fines internally. They are claiming what they did was a genuine misunderstanding of rules and it would be very difficult for the authorities to dish out punishments on that basis (albeit the club has fined them in the interim essentially for being stupid and the players have accepted this). Our club lawyer I'm sure could invoke the human rights act (it's a piece of shite but useful in this instance) to say that any further punishment by the football authorities, where no punishment guidelines for a theoretical new offence were in place, would constitute double jeopardy. 

You’ve been watching too many courtroom dramas min. This is Scottish football - nae Judge Rinder!

Plus the players have been cited with bringing the game into disrepute - not specifically breaking any COVID rules.

Getting hauled up and slaughtered by they FM in her daily briefing means it’s hard to argue against it.

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

I’m sorry, but I think it’s inevitable the SPFL will punish the players.

The charges brought against them are a generic “catch all”.

We’ll be without the 8 (notwithstanding injuries) for a few games after the Livingston game.

Anything between 2-8 apparently.

As we were allegedly close to getting Scottish football temporarily paused, I think it’s safe to say it won’t be lenient.

We’re not SEVCO, so don’t expect preferential treatment.